Can sex offenders be identified by face? + Pedo survey! - Page 2 - MBWorld.org Forums

Go Back  MBWorld.org Forums > General Forums > Off Topic
Can sex offenders be identified by face? + Pedo survey! >

Can sex offenders be identified by face? + Pedo survey!

Notices
Off Topic Use this forum to discuss non-Mercedes related items or anything that doesn't belong in the above forums.

Can sex offenders be identified by face? + Pedo survey!

Old 03-21-2008, 03:30 AM
Almost a Member!

Originally Posted by emrliquidlife View Post
Sweetie you bend your argument to suit you stupidity.

Good luck with that.

E
actually you were the ones trying to bend my argument (the proof is in this thread!).

i was simply trying to iron it out.
Old 03-21-2008, 03:31 AM

1993 190E 2.6
Originally Posted by Hellkat View Post
well i never said that we should prosecute anyone for a crime did i????

"if" an individual was found to posess a specific gene that renders them more likely to commit this type of behavior, i would suggest maybe therapy, counseling, or some other form of dealing with this before the act occurs.

how can you possibly argue with that??????????
There is no fixing it. Once a person does it the first time. They are more likely, statistically, to do it again. But they are not put on life long counseling after conviction, prison sentence and then probation.

I'm misunderstanding where you stand on this. Are you saying it should be mandatory for people with these traits to have to go through counseling, or just something they could do willingly?

Pedophilia is a disies, similar to alcoholism. It can not be fixed. Only maintained and monitored. But, only if the carrier choses to control it.
Old 03-21-2008, 03:41 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2002 C230K, 2013 BMW 328, 2015 BMW X5
[QUOTE=Hellkat;2721187]actually you were the ones trying to bend my argument (the proof is in this thread!).

i was simply trying to iron it out.[/QUOTE

IBTL

Stop talking to me, and address the other questions here.
Old 03-21-2008, 03:57 AM
Almost a Member!

Originally Posted by PhilipM3 View Post
There is no fixing it. Once a person does it the first time. They are more likely, statistically, to do it again. But they are not put on life long counseling after conviction, prison sentence and then probation.

I'm misunderstanding where you stand on this. Are you saying it should be mandatory for people with these traits to have to go through counseling, or just something they could do willingly?

Pedophilia is a disies, similar to alcoholism. It can not be fixed. Only maintained and monitored. But, only if the carrier choses to control it.

well what if you could prevent it from even happening before the first time? if it were proven, i would hope that they would go through it willingly, but if it was caught at a young enough age, it should be mandatory imo.

if it is a disease like alcoholism what harm would it do to have the carrier go through a series of education, or whatever "preventitive maintainance" would help, before they had their firs drink or before they had ever even had the urge to get drunk?

and, a lot of ofenders were abused themselves at one point or another.

thanks for actually posting a pragmatic, useful question for discussion. it is much better than making a statement, then rambling on about how stupid and arrogant i am. sry for the run on sentance
Old 03-21-2008, 04:00 AM
Almost a Member!

[QUOTE=emrliquidlife;2721193]
actually you were the ones trying to bend my argument (the proof is in this thread!).

i was simply trying to iron it out.[/QUOTE

IBTL

Stop talking to me, and address the other questions here.
i have adressed everyone elses question, you are wrong yet again.

and your attempts to get this thread locked aren't going to work. there is nothing against the rules here, unless you guys start posting things to purposely get it locked.

it is actually an interesting discussion that mature open minded individuals are participating in!
Old 03-21-2008, 12:15 PM

1993 190E 2.6
well what if you could prevent it from even happening before the first time? if it were proven, i would hope that they would go through it willingly, but if it was caught at a young enough age, it should be mandatory imo.

if it is a disease like alcoholism what harm would it do to have the carrier go through a series of education, or whatever "preventative maintenance" would help, before they had their firs drink or before they had ever even had the urge to get drunk?

and, a lot of ofenders were abused themselves at one point or another.

thanks for actually posting a pragmatic, useful question for discussion. it is much better than making a statement, then rambling on about how stupid and arrogant i am. sry for the run on sentance
This is just friendly conversation, but I'm also hijacking this thread.

You like women. Naturally. You are attracted to them. Naturally, you are attracted to women of a certain age, mind state, and physical build, in direct relation to your age, mind state, and physical build.

Some people, are very attracted to women whom are younger. Sometimes very younger. Sometimes it the fact that its illegal, and sometimes it s the fact that its forceful (but thats mostly men who enjoy older aged victims). In either case, that what you are attracted to, naturally. For you to be turned away from that, you would basically have to brain wash them into thinking young girls are nasty and you don't want them. It would then cause a terrible riff in their lives growing up. They wont want to ever talk a girl until they reach a certain age. Some people might not take well to it and never talk to a girl at all. I think sexual abuse is a terrible thing that anyone can go thru and i was actually talking to a girl last night about who had her best friends boyfriend sexual abused her (sex). I'm talking her into going to the cops and trying to get her some counseling in her area. It took me a few days just to get you talk about it without crying and having to stop. So shes getting better but I know she'll never be the same. She was a virgin.. Its sad.

Basically you have to ask yourself, even if you could tell if it was possible, to try to determine a sexual offender based on physical characteristics or even DNA (which wouldn't happen till after they hit puberty in which case its really too late anyway) then if by doing so, it will alter their entire life. Including if they ever choose to have kids... Could you imagine the life of a little girl who grows up with a father who wont speak to her till shes a certain age? I know someone is going to say "Yeah but imagine a girl growing up with a sexually abusive dad". That is sad and messed up, but even if all things, statistically, say he's a sexual abuse candidate, doesn't mean he is, or if he is, will act on his intentions...

You're idea, although good in theory, violates the freedom of choice concept.

Oh yeah, they all look like Predators FTW!
Old 03-21-2008, 04:26 PM

SL550, E550 4-Matic, X5, and others...
All I know is that...that when I have a son or daughter...and some guy ever touches them...they will never live to see the light of day again.
Old 03-21-2008, 05:33 PM

'03 C32
this is the first stage. i wanted to get a quick review of the results before i would build a detailed legitimate experiment.

you guys slam the "game" to every extent, even resorting to conjuring up false speculation!

but when it comes down to it, the end result could be well worth it, and that's where you are out of gas!
Sorry, I still don't get it. If the hypothesis behind your "research" is that sexual predators have a genetic defect, shouldn't you have us looking at their genetic maps rather than mugshots of their faces?

Anyway, since nobody is playing the game at this point, here's one way to keep the thread alive in the hope that someone will bite. Fill out an application for a research grant from the National Science Foundation or some similar scientific organization that gives cash to scientists. Post that application here and seek comments before submitting it. Then, keep us updated on a regular basis on how the application is making its way through the government process.
Old 03-21-2008, 06:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by mike10980 View Post
All I know is that...that when I have a son or daughter...and some guy ever touches them...they will never live to see the light of day again.
A gal I dated for about 18 months was molested in her youth. She is currently a lawyer and has adjusted as well as possible.

Her father, who was a biker found out. Over beers one night he walked me through a memory of his decision making process on how to handle it. One of the hardest stories I have ever had to hear. Basically, he had to stand by and let the law do its job. What happened in prison was out of his hands.

This whole topic is no joke and deserves far more attention than some scatterbrain's idea of fun.

E
Old 03-21-2008, 09:00 PM
Banned

S
Through that watchdog sight a few hours ago

I've found out my friends neighbor was listed as an offender.....
Old 03-21-2008, 09:26 PM
Super Moderator

MPG+ ROLFCOPTER
Doing a quick glance/read through this post. My question to hellkat:

Did you include a picture of yourself into this lineup you posted. No flame, but it would make it interesting. You would be the only one who would ever know.
Old 03-21-2008, 09:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by amdeutsch View Post
Doing a quick glance/read through this post. My question to hellkat:

Did you include a picture of yourself into this lineup you posted. No flame, but it would make it interesting. You would be the only one who would ever know.
Heck given the liberties he took putting other peoples pics up, at a minimum he should be in there.

E
Old 03-21-2008, 10:32 PM

SL550, E550 4-Matic, X5, and others...
Originally Posted by emrliquidlife View Post
A gal I dated for about 18 months was molested in her youth. She is currently a lawyer and has adjusted as well as possible.

Her father, who was a biker found out. Over beers one night he walked me through a memory of his decision making process on how to handle it. One of the hardest stories I have ever had to hear. Basically, he had to stand by and let the law do its job. What happened in prison was out of his hands.

This whole topic is no joke and deserves far more attention than some scatterbrain's idea of fun.

E

Kudos to him for having the restraint and maturity to let the law take its effect. It is very good to hear that she has adjusted as well as possible. You are right, this is not a joking matter at all. Maybe it's because I have just became the uncle of a beautiful niece, that this topic gets to me...

By the way, glad to hear that the sick animal got some jailhouse justice .
Old 03-21-2008, 10:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

06 SV650S, 11 Santa Fe
Can we force this guy to change his name so I don't get misrepresented by this idiot?
Old 03-22-2008, 01:50 AM

'03 C32
Originally Posted by hellcat View Post
Can we force this guy to change his name so I don't get misrepresented by this idiot?

I can confirm actual confusion. First thing I thought was, "This useless, tasteless exercise doesn't sound like the sort of thing HC would start."