Performance Upgrades & Tuning Discuss general performance and tuning enhancements for your Mercedes-Benz.

Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Supersprint

Will Brabus products or engine upgrades void MBZ warranty?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-17-2005, 12:49 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SLK 55 AMG

I have a SLK 55 AMG. I would like to do an engine upgrade. I have a 7 year/100,000 mile warranty on the car. I live in Los Angeles, California. I heard that Brabus will cover the MBZ warranty, but I was not so sure. I also would like to know if any othese these companies will cover the warranty: Carlsson, DTM, MKB, Lorenizor, and Kleemann. I would like to know about Kleemann too because of the SLK 55 K8 that has 600 hp. That is the highest hp any company has put in the car.
Old 08-18-2005, 09:02 PM
Almost a Member!

SL55 AMG
I would be willing to bet that either of those aftermarket companies products will cause your warranty to be voided. I've been through it with turning up the boost on my 300 ZX TT back in '90, my RX-7 TT back in '93 and my Supra TT in '95... When I Renntech this one I'm expecting the same.
Old 08-18-2005, 10:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2 SL with every Brabus mods available & Class A competition sound system
Originally Posted by SLK 55 AMG

I have a SLK 55 AMG. I would like to do an engine upgrade. I have a 7 year/100,000 mile warranty on the car. I live in Los Angeles, California. I heard that Brabus will cover the MBZ warranty, but I was not so sure. I also would like to know if any othese these companies will cover the warranty: Carlsson, DTM, MKB, Lorenizor, and Kleemann. I would like to know about Kleemann too because of the SLK 55 K8 that has 600 hp. That is the highest hp any company has put in the car.
Brabus would not void your MB warranty........
Old 08-18-2005, 10:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2 SL with every Brabus mods available & Class A competition sound system
Originally Posted by Fast_SL55
I would be willing to bet that either of those aftermarket companies products will cause your warranty to be voided. I've been through it with turning up the boost on my 300 ZX TT back in '90, my RX-7 TT back in '93 and my Supra TT in '95... When I Renntech this one I'm expecting the same.
How much you want to bet........ Brabus will not void the MB warranty.........not like your backyard turning 300ZX, RX7TT, and Supra.......not talking $hi7.......I use to have a Honda with a backyard turning and it void my warranty.........and that with the brand name like HKS, Trust and Mugen..........
Old 08-19-2005, 03:54 AM
Out Of Control!!

You could spend $100,000,000 on an upgrade at Brabus and it would still have the same affect (or non-affect) on the warranty of your Mercedes as any other company's upgrade. LEGALLY, if the upgrade in question causes a problem on your car, than that problem is not warrantied. One might think it would be easier to pass off a Brabus part to a MB dealer than other companies, but when push comes to shove, they aren't going to pay for anything expensive if they don't have to.

The important question is not whether Brabus's products are covered by MB but whether Brabus warranties their products against any problems that they may cause. Same goes for any tuner.
Old 08-19-2005, 07:54 PM

Received 103 Likes on 58 Posts
E63S4S
any brabus mods will NOT void your warranty. Brabus is like AMG, they are an authorized modifier of mercedes vehicles.
Old 08-20-2005, 01:34 AM
Out Of Control!!

I wish this were true, however the reality is Brabus is not Mercedes, and Mercedes is not about to spend their own money to fix someone else's problem. Don't take my word for it, call Mercedes' corporate office.
Old 08-20-2005, 01:55 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Brabus's warrenty takes over after you do a few mods for the remainder of the period.
Old 08-20-2005, 02:16 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

A bucket on wheels
Originally Posted by wassup61
any brabus mods will NOT void your warranty. Brabus is like AMG, they are an authorized modifier of mercedes vehicles.

listen to the man, he speaks the truth
Old 08-20-2005, 06:27 PM
Out Of Control!!

I give up. I'll simply advise that people ask Mercedes before proceeding further. The modifications may very well be covered, but you might be surprised which company is actually paying for it.
Old 08-21-2005, 10:58 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
300ce

.............the reason this comment is dangerous is becase someone might actually take it seriously.

Ted
Old 08-21-2005, 11:05 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'06 C350 4MATIC
I give up. I'll simply advise that people ask Mercedes before proceeding further. The modifications may very well be covered, but you might be surprised which company is actually paying for it.

I agree. If something happens to your vehicle and it's expensive then the dealer and manufacturer are going to great lengths to pin that problem onto aftermarket mods. Read your warranty carefully.

I question if any aftermarket manufacturer is going to replace my manufacturers warranty. I would like that in the form of a written contract.
Old 08-21-2005, 03:58 PM
Out Of Control!!

Tishers,

I believe that some aftermarket warranties actually will pick up where the manufacturer's warranty does not. I also know for a fact that many say that they do but when push comes to shove, they do not.

I believe that Brabus's warranty is much like Dinan's in that they are not covered through the automotive manufacturer, but the company will cover all costs in full to repair any problems that their products may have caused. Evosport, and I believe Renntech does the same.

Some companies have 3rd party warranty companies guarantee their products. This is where it CAN become tricky. The company issuing the warranty may believe that everything is covered, low/no deductible, etc but often may be incorrect. This is why it is best to get your questions answered in advance in writing.
Old 08-21-2005, 04:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

EVE
I have: Kleemann Boost Kit (M271) Pulley, K-Box, K-Belt, K-FPR, K-Water Pump Pulley and my ECU flashed.

C230 2003SS

Warrany on my last 2 services hasn't been voided yet . And something definitely is aftermarket (so says the Eisenmann in the back). Just be friendly to your SAs . I think you should be fine with Brabus work.

flip
Old 08-21-2005, 04:48 PM
Out Of Control!!

Originally Posted by mig888
I have: Kleemann Boost Kit (M271) Pulley, K-Box, K-Belt, K-FPR, K-Water Pump Pulley and my ECU flashed.

C230 2003SS

Warrany on my last 2 services hasn't been voided yet . And something definitely is aftermarket (so says the Eisenmann in the back). Just be friendly to your SAs . I think you should be fine with Brabus work.

flip
Whooo that's a nice list of mods!
Old 08-21-2005, 04:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

EVE
Originally Posted by ricky.agrawal
Whooo that's a nice list of mods!
Haha, I wasn't done. Just replied with what most mattered for this thread =p.

flip
Old 08-21-2005, 04:54 PM
Out Of Control!!

Sorry I interuppted

You are right though, we're all humans, and as long as you take care of your service advisor, and don't ***** him out, he'll take care of you too!
Old 08-21-2005, 05:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

EVE
Haha, thanks for the compliments. BTW, i've got a lady SA and she loves everything I put on the car! Maybe the day I brought over my parents' teacup terrier to the showroom just put her over the edge. Honestly during my last service she comes out and goes "this looks like a completely different car. WOW". Bottom line: don't make it a big deal!

flip
Old 08-21-2005, 08:45 PM
Out Of Control!!

Mig888,

I agree that a good relationship with your SA is definitely something you want to maintain, however keep in mind you have not yet had a reason for your warranty to be void. A dealer can not refuse to service your car because it has been modified. The most they could (legally) do would be not to work on any portion of the car that has been modified.

Mercedes has a 100% inspection on warranty parts, therefore if the dealer is worried about who's to blame, they will place it on you.