Performance Upgrades & Tuning Discuss general performance and tuning enhancements for your Mercedes-Benz.

Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Supersprint

Tuning the ML350 Bluetech

Old 02-21-2017, 07:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2012 ML350 Bluetech turbodiesel
Tuning the ML350 Bluetech

Good evening - recently purchased a 2012 ML350 Bluetech diesel with 76k miles.

Am interested in chiptuning or tuning programs as well as bolt -in mods- a few years ago when I drove VW TDIs they all ran Rocketchip chips or programming, 2x oversize injectors, straight pipes with no mufflers and VR6 clutches, and ran like stink with no known reliability issues.

Not going to mess with the M-B exhaust given the replacement cost but extremely interested in recommendations for chips/tuning programming. Any recommendations/discussion appreciated. I am assuming I have the 270 CDI engine (someone please correct me it I'm wrong) - Rocketchip has a
Mercedes M 270 CDI chip or program that provides +35PS and +76Nm respectively. Anyone familiar with this? Also anyone familiar with the effects of a tuning program like this at emissions test time, which comes along every 2 years in IL?

While initially all I plan to do is to possibly chip/program the ML down the line I'd like to consider additional bolt-in improvements such as bigger injectors, air intakes, etc. and appreciate any feedback and sources on these, too, including any concerns, as the amount of air and fuel going through is increased beyond factory limits, as to EGTs, higher sustained turbo boost, and any other factors which could affect reliability/longevity.

Any and all opinions, tips and links greatly appreciated, thanks
Attached Thumbnails Tuning the ML350 Bluetech-ml350.jpg