Performance Upgrades & Tuning Discuss general performance and tuning enhancements for your Mercedes-Benz.

Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Supersprint

Having trouble with New renntech stage 1 tune - w218

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-08-2017, 09:50 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cls 550 4matic
Having trouble with New renntech stage 1 tune - w218

It seems like there is boost issue of some sort, when punching it the turbos will all of a sudden stop working like the pressure becomes to high and they shut off to save the motor etc. I thought renntech made solid tune jobs where you wouldn’t have t worry about hurting your equipment. Can anyone shed some light on my issue ?
Old 10-14-2017, 03:10 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
cls550
I was gonna go with them when i have the money. But this sucks to hear ur problem
Old 10-16-2017, 08:56 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 29 Likes on 20 Posts
Mercedes-AMG
Originally Posted by MB Power
It seems like there is boost issue of some sort, when punching it the turbos will all of a sudden stop working like the pressure becomes to high and they shut off to save the motor etc. I thought renntech made solid tune jobs where you wouldn’t have t worry about hurting your equipment. Can anyone shed some light on my issue ?
We're sorry to hear about your issues and of course want to help resolve those.

Did you contact your sales rep with the issue? Did you buy the tune directly through us or one of our dealer? Where are you located and what kind of fuel are your running?

Thanks.
Old 10-18-2017, 03:38 AM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
2010 S550 + 2014 CLS63 + 1993 300zx TT + 2014 Pathfinder + 2013 Hyundai Sanata
Originally Posted by RENNtechHQ

Did you contact your sales rep with the issue? Did you buy the tune directly through us or one of our dealer? Where are you located and what kind of fuel are your running?

Thanks.

Hmmmmmmm..... I find it very peculiar that someone has an issue with a Renntech tune and not respond when Renntech reaches out to you directly about the issue. I have a CLS63 2014 with the R1 tune and it's a total beast with the comfort of still maintaining my OEM warranty. Sounds like a hardware issue to me and NOT a software issue. But please follow up and shed some light if you have taken your car back to Renntech and the problems persist.
Old 10-18-2017, 03:42 AM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
2010 S550 + 2014 CLS63 + 1993 300zx TT + 2014 Pathfinder + 2013 Hyundai Sanata
Originally Posted by RENNtechHQ

Thanks.
Renntech...... Thank you for all your hard work and sweet ECU tunes. And please accept my apologies in advance for purchasing your carbon fiber wing from China for a 3rd of the price, but it was necessary LOL!