Performance Upgrades & Tuning Discuss general performance and tuning enhancements for your Mercedes-Benz.

Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Supersprint

JS Benz - Miami area shop

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-14-2018, 01:47 PM

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts
SL65, Raptor SVT, HD-Fat Boy
JS Benz - Miami area shop

I had just taken delivery of a new to me 2009 SL65 from off of the car transporter. I called JS Benz for some service advice and Kathy made me feel so welcome. Upon arrival she instroduced me to Gio and he did a walk around with me and suggested some items that may need attention.

So far the 1st experience has been nothing but a pleasure and I will have them do some performance mods now with exhaust and tuning. They really treat you as family and go the extra mile to make you feel comfortable in the choices for your car issues.
Thanks team!

They have good knowledge of the MB line with a 4 wheel dyno for performance tuning and also an auto body shop too.Attached Thumbnails

JS Benz
7379 SW 45th Street
Miami, FL 33155
305-869-4599
JS Benz Of South Florida | Auto Repair & Maintenance Services
Old 08-14-2018, 05:33 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
c320 wagon
J S Benz shop

I have been going there for years, JR and Jackie are the best,, great shop for ANYTHING Mercedes,,,,,and of course my 10 second crossfire with a SL55 amg motor in it. 10.55@132 Js benz exhaust , tune , tcu ,, pulleys, and killer chiller. jim
Old 09-12-2018, 10:12 AM

Thumbs up

I know it's been awhile so here is an update...

I'm still trying to get this car shipped to me here in Cayman. I wanted all of this maintenance done before I ship it as the prices for parts and labor will be astronomical at home.

I had JS Benz do a complete 70k check including replacing all belts, filters, fluids and brake pads for new. They also checked the suspension bushings, engine and trans mounts and said some had been changed out recently so all is good there too. Also had the batteries replaced for new.

I had the rims taken off for curb rash repairs, straightened and powder coated gloss black. Also new Pirelli P-Zero tires were installed with fronts being 245/35/ZR20 and rears being 305/30/ZR20.

On the performance side I had them do a full 3" SS exhaust with mandrel bends and an x-pipe, no cats, resonators or mufflers. They also put in dry BMC air filters for better flow. They did an ECU tune and on the DynoJet it made 560 HP and 670 Torque. With the Miami daily temps of 90+ degrees there is a lot of heat soak after getting initial parameters in line. I've asked them to install the AEM methanol injection kit to see if we can mitigate the computer from pulling so much timing.

Driving these SL65's around are so fun. The torque is insane and so addictive! I can't wait to travel again and get another drive in it after the meth kit before shipping.

Old 09-12-2018, 11:06 AM

Here are a few pics from a car show at Lamborghini of Broward that I got invited to attend.