A step in the right direction for Trump - MBWorld.org Forums

Go Back  MBWorld.org Forums > General Forums > Off Topic > Political Discussions
A step in the right direction for Trump > A step in the right direction for Trump
Notices
Political Discussions Use this forum to discuss politics, religion, and other controversial subjects. Respect for your peers is mandatory.

A step in the right direction for Trump

Reply

 
 
Old 04-05-2017, 02:12 PM
  #1
MBWorld Fanatic!
Thread Starter
 
AMGfaninVA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 2,448
Thanked 28 Times in 28 Posts
2012 W204 coupe
A step in the right direction for Trump

In a move applauded by both sides of the aisle, Steve Bannon (aka, The Devil ) has been removed from his position on the National Security Council. Hopefully his next assignment will be back at the far, far right rag, Breitbart.

https://www.bloomberg.com/politics/a...ole-in-shakeup

Who knows, this might give Trump a little bump in the polls. He sure could use it.

Last edited by AMGfaninVA; 04-05-2017 at 02:14 PM.
AMGfaninVA is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2017, 03:11 PM
  #2
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: NY
Posts: 4,000
Thanked 357 Times in 233 Posts
E63S | X5
He's been steppin' in the right direction well before dip dip potato chippin' on Bannon. Just people are blind, stupid, ignorant, and incapable of admitting they're wrong.

Example: Every single month jobs have increased beyond expectations. In March, 260k+ added with a 180k predicted.

Rebuttal: Russia Russia Russia Russia.

Example 2: Stock market is killing it and so is buyer confidence.

Rebuttal: Russia Russia Russia Russia.

Example 3: Syria chemical attack. 470k+ dead since 2011. Obama "red line" speech.

Rebuttal: Russia Russia Russia Russia. Oh, and something something Trump said about Assad and Syria 3 days ago and now Syria is suddenly a new problem.

Wait, whats that Susan Rice?

Russia Russia Russia Russia.

Seriously, when are you guys going to give in and admit he is doing a good job as President? I already know the answer to that, never. I'm not sitting here saying you have to like the guy and agree with everything he has said. Nor am I excusing him from being an a$$hat in the past. But really, how many Trump threads do you plan on starting?

Overall, I think he is doing a great job given the circumstances such as, oh idk, the 'majority' hating him from the beginning. He could've just taken the W and headed out to the golf course for four years (I know, he has golfed quite a bit since, but he is still getting chit done while he does). But who he really is underneath is beginning to shine. No matter all the noise, no matter what people say, at the end of the day he does care and is looking out for people the best he can even in the most difficult circumstances and making the best choices even if they aren't the most popular ones.
PurpleHeartAMG is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2017, 03:41 PM
  #3
MBWorld Fanatic!
Thread Starter
 
AMGfaninVA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 2,448
Thanked 28 Times in 28 Posts
2012 W204 coupe
Originally Posted by PurpleHeartAMG View Post
He's been steppin' in the right direction well before dip dip potato chippin' on Bannon. Just people are blind, stupid, ignorant, and incapable of admitting they're wrong.

Example: Every single month jobs have increased beyond expectations. In March, 260k+ added with a 180k predicted.

Rebuttal: Russia Russia Russia Russia.

Example 2: Stock market is killing it and so is buyer confidence.

Rebuttal: Russia Russia Russia Russia.

Example 3: Syria chemical attack. 470k+ dead since 2011. Obama "red line" speech.

Rebuttal: Russia Russia Russia Russia. Oh, and something something Trump said about Assad and Syria 3 days ago and now Syria is suddenly a new problem.

Wait, whats that Susan Rice?

Russia Russia Russia Russia.

Seriously, when are you guys going to give in and admit he is doing a good job as President? I already know the answer to that, never. I'm not sitting here saying you have to like the guy and agree with everything he has said. Nor am I excusing him from being an a$$hat in the past. But really, how many Trump threads do you plan on starting?

Overall, I think he is doing a great job given the circumstances such as, oh idk, the 'majority' hating him from the beginning. He could've just taken the W and headed out to the golf course for four years (I know, he has golfed quite a bit since, but he is still getting chit done while he does). But who he really is underneath is beginning to shine. No matter all the noise, no matter what people say, at the end of the day he does care and is looking out for people the best he can even in the most difficult circumstances and making the best choices even if they aren't the most popular ones.
Hey, what's with the negativity? This thread is a kudos to Trump, not a slam. No reason to be so defensive.

I know on occasion I've taken shots at Trump, but in fairness, he's provided plenty of ammo.As for your examples;

1. Trump has not been in office long enough to take credit for many, if any, of the jobs.

2. Again, not directly attributable to Trump.

3. What about Syria? Trump hasn't done anything to speak of in relation to Syria. I completely agree that Obama blew it big time when he didn't back up his "red line" statement. I believe history will record it as his biggest failure.

We're all sick of hearing Russia, Russia, Russia.

I don't know what "you guys" you are referring to, but I'll acknowledge Trump as a good President when/if I believe he becomes one.

In the meanwhile, you guys will have someone here to spar with.
AMGfaninVA is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2017, 04:45 PM
  #4
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: NY
Posts: 4,000
Thanked 357 Times in 233 Posts
E63S | X5
^Okay, I'll pump the brakes some. But where has the positive notes been until now? Sure, there has been ammo for the negative, but perhaps some positive notes are coming forward because a lot of the negatives didn't necessarily pan out?

Anyway, I still think to this point he has been good. Nobody is perfect, everyone will have their ups and down, but I would rather have a President that makes often unpopular right choices over popular wrong ones.

As for Syria, as a disclaimer it hasn't just been you that built up to that little burst. Just my Facebook (former, gone again) feed was blowing up with millennials (unfortunately my generation) blaming Trump for what had just happened in Syria. Saying that Trump basically gave the go ahead to Assad to do whatever he wants for saying we'll step aside some a few days prior as though Syria became a 'thing' yesterday. So quick to ignore the 'Red Line' speech and so quick to expect immediate action when they don't even come close to understanding the complexity of the conflict in Syria.

I have faith Trump will respond in the way we both have agreed on in another thread. We just have to either dance around Russia or just go ahead a get rid of Assad and then deal with Russia. Some people just have to die and he's one of them.

Anywho. Nice to see a positive note with regards to Trump from you.
PurpleHeartAMG is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2017, 06:13 PM
  #5
MBWorld Fanatic!
Thread Starter
 
AMGfaninVA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 2,448
Thanked 28 Times in 28 Posts
2012 W204 coupe
Yeah, Syria is a complicated tragedy. Obama had a chance to do some good and now it's too late. Assad isn't going anywhere. America has no real interests there and Americans are weary of losing our warrior heroes to distant conflicts. As it is now, I honestly don't see a scenario worth putting boots on the ground there.

Makes me mad as Hell seeing the innocents suffering (especially children) at the hands of ruthless animals like Assad, knowing he'll likely never be held to account, at least not in this world.
AMGfaninVA is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2017, 06:13 PM
  #6
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
Red Marko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Poconos, Pennsylvania
Posts: 2,781
Thanked 38 Times in 36 Posts
2008 CL600 designo Mocha Black/Cognac Black
Originally Posted by PurpleHeartAMG View Post
Anywho. Nice to see a positive note with regards to Trump from you.
Don't be silly with that positive note. Typical liberal tactics of throwing you a bone from time to time.
I remember in some back post calling himself a conservative with some kind of undisclosed values.
AMGfan hates Trump and he wants him to fail miserably. He doesn't understand the aftermath of liberals and democrats wanting to prove their point, throwing the baby with the bathwater.
Deep down I'm hoping Amgfan doesn't hate this Country as much as John Kerry with a "bridge and medals" metaphor.

AMGfan, nothing personal. But that's how you project yourself.
Red Marko is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2017, 06:19 PM
  #7
MBWorld Fanatic!
Thread Starter
 
AMGfaninVA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 2,448
Thanked 28 Times in 28 Posts
2012 W204 coupe
Originally Posted by Red Marko View Post
Don't be silly with that positive note. Typical liberal tactics of throwing you a bone from time to time.
I remember in some back post calling himself a conservative with some kind of undisclosed values.
AMGfan hates Trump and he wants him to fail miserably. He doesn't understand the aftermath of liberals and democrats wanting to prove their point, throwing the baby with the bathwater.
Deep down I'm hoping Amgfan doesn't hate this Country as much as John Kerry with a "bridge and medals" metaphor.

AMGfan, nothing personal. But that's how you project yourself.
You don't get me yet, and that's cool, but please be careful about putting in a basket with liberals.

Where praise is warranted, IMO, I'll give it. If not, I won't. I never throw bones.

And for the second, and hopefully last time, say what you like about me, but never challenge my love for this country.
AMGfaninVA is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2017, 06:27 PM
  #8
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
Red Marko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Poconos, Pennsylvania
Posts: 2,781
Thanked 38 Times in 36 Posts
2008 CL600 designo Mocha Black/Cognac Black
Originally Posted by AMGfaninVA View Post
You don't get me yet, and that's cool, but please be careful about putting in a basket with liberals.

Where praise is warranted, IMO, I'll give it. If not, I won't. I never throw bones.

And for the second, and hopefully last time, say what you like about me, but never challenge my love for this country.
Apologies then if I read your intentions incorrectly. But again, that's how you are being read.
Red Marko is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2017, 06:44 PM
  #9
MBWorld Fanatic!
Thread Starter
 
AMGfaninVA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 2,448
Thanked 28 Times in 28 Posts
2012 W204 coupe
We're good, but if you have interpreted my posts as anti-American, you have misinterpreted.

There are many, many people just like me that hold both liberal and conservative views depending on the issue. Sometimes both.
AMGfaninVA is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2017, 07:29 PM
  #10
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
Red Marko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Poconos, Pennsylvania
Posts: 2,781
Thanked 38 Times in 36 Posts
2008 CL600 designo Mocha Black/Cognac Black
Originally Posted by AMGfaninVA View Post
We're good, but if you have interpreted my posts as anti-American, you have misinterpreted.

There are many, many people just like me that hold both liberal and conservative views depending on the issue. Sometimes both.
Got it. I'm the same way. Registered and practicing libertarian.
I love Trump and I despise politicians. There are many, many people just like me. That's why Trump won.
Your constant negative portrayal of whatever Trump does/touches puts you in a category of, how should I say it gently ... liberals.
But, slowly, you evolve
Red Marko is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2017, 07:35 PM
  #11
MBWorld Fanatic!
Thread Starter
 
AMGfaninVA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 2,448
Thanked 28 Times in 28 Posts
2012 W204 coupe
Originally Posted by Red Marko View Post
Your constant negative portrayal of whatever Trump does/touches puts you in a category of, how should I say it gently ... liberals.
Ironic that you say this in a thread I started to praise Trump.

Originally Posted by Red Marko View Post
But, slowly, you evolve
Maybe it's you​​​​​​​ who is evolving.
AMGfaninVA is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2017, 09:55 PM
  #12
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: NY
Posts: 4,000
Thanked 357 Times in 233 Posts
E63S | X5
I wonder how those Tomahawks tasted
PurpleHeartAMG is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2017, 11:42 PM
  #13
MBWorld Fanatic!
Thread Starter
 
AMGfaninVA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 2,448
Thanked 28 Times in 28 Posts
2012 W204 coupe
Bravo Zulu to President Trump!!!
https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cnn...ary/index.html
Way to make an impactful ​​​​​​ statement! Assad, you're on notice!
AMGfaninVA is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2017, 11:46 PM
  #14
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
Das Geld 2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 2,094
Thanked 11 Times in 11 Posts
Don't agree with it..but good to know trump ready to take action..

imho identical false flag to 2012..rebels/Isis used the sarin gas in 12
Das Geld 2 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2017, 07:14 AM
  #15
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
cal1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Central WI (BFE)
Posts: 6,888
Thanked 74 Times in 69 Posts
SL55, ML500 & Acura TL
Originally Posted by AMGfaninVA View Post
Bravo Zulu to President Trump!!!
https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cnn...ary/index.html
Way to make an impactful ​​​​​​ statement! Assad, you're on notice!
I wonder what the belligerent rotund juvenile from North Korea is thinking this morning?

Art of the deal. Trump excuses himself before the cheese course with the President of China. He returns and says we just launched 50 Tomahawks on the Syrian airbase. Then says "looking forward to chatting about NK in the AM."
cal1 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2017, 07:26 AM
  #16
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
cal1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Central WI (BFE)
Posts: 6,888
Thanked 74 Times in 69 Posts
SL55, ML500 & Acura TL
Originally Posted by Das Geld 2 View Post
Don't agree with it..but good to know trump ready to take action..

imho identical false flag to 2012..rebels/Isis used the sarin gas in 12
Expound?

My two cents at least at this point before I have digested all the info is it was a perfect message. At this point I lean toward the idea of taking out Assad's Air Force. No ground forces. No regime change. It would be great if we put together an alliance to do so. Invite UK, German, French air assets to participate. Not sure that is possible. If not, we make Syrian pilots aware that moments after taking off, FOX 3 will dispatch them to hell.
cal1 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2017, 09:31 AM
  #17
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
Red Marko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Poconos, Pennsylvania
Posts: 2,781
Thanked 38 Times in 36 Posts
2008 CL600 designo Mocha Black/Cognac Black
Originally Posted by Das Geld 2 View Post
Don't agree with it..but good to know trump ready to take action..

imho identical false flag to 2012..rebels/Isis used the sarin gas in 12
What are you saying, that the pics and vids from few days ago are fake?
Red Marko is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2017, 10:20 AM
  #18
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: NY
Posts: 4,000
Thanked 357 Times in 233 Posts
E63S | X5
Originally Posted by Das Geld 2 View Post
Don't agree with it..but good to know trump ready to take action..

imho identical false flag to 2012..rebels/Isis used the sarin gas in 12
We proved this to be wrong years ago. Assad loves chemical weapons, which is why Russia was supposed to take them away from him years ago after we proved it was Assad behind a chemical attack. Then, the most recent attack, reports suggest there is intel that shows the chemical weapons being loaded up at the air base with Russians present for the most recent attack.

If I'm a dictator dropping barrel bombs and slaughtering my people no kidding I'm going to point the finger in another, very convenient, direction and blame "the scary terrorists."

While Russia responds by beefing up air defense systems in Syria we should just arm the hell out of Ukraine. Then swoop in and remove Assad by any means necessary and when Russia tries to cry foul, well, their hands are now tied with their neighbor next door. BTW -- What are pro-Russian rebels doing in Ukraine?

I was all for trying to find a way to come to terms with Putin, but the guy is just a d-bag as well. Being a former KGB Colonel has also granted him with the ability to understand his capabilities vs. ours and he is simply outgunned. Assad is far more unstable so I would suspect a hail-mary out of him. But not Putin in Russia especially when half of his country also hates him too right now.

In my mind, the process is simple.

Remove Assad while using our special forces assets to maintain and eliminate ISIS in Syria. Once we do, don't leave like we did in Libya and actually maintain the place. Strategically speaking, Syria would be a nice piece of land to essentially own and we can also do things like help Israel from there. Also -- Push Russia out.

While that show is going on in Syria, give Ukraine any defensive weapons they need. Not necessarily equip them to go on the offense, but arm them so they can prevent any sort of progress by pro-Russia rebels. At least to the point where if Russia wanted to advance in Ukraine it would take the type of force that would get the rest of Western Europe on board to say enough is enough.

It will never be a perfect place where the grass is green and everyone is happy. But the innocent of Syria are literally being bombed in their sleep by their "leader" who then says "we were going after terrorists." It's a convenient excuse to kill people. Picture Trump bombing Democrats because what is happening there is no different. Much like Putin telling the youth of Russia you better not protest or voice your opinion, or else.

The US is far stronger than Russia which is the key here and as we have Trump ramping up defense spending (finally) our equipment and troops will definitely have the resources/capabilities they need to strong arm the Russians at every corner if it came down to that.

Putin and Assad are "bad hombres."

As for NK - Let China deal with them. If they really puff their chest we have SK and Japan right there too. As far as I'm concerned, all NK is doing is nuking themselves (literally) and shooting off Walmart brand arts and crafts rockets with the little streamers as parachutes. They aren't going anywhere too quickly.
PurpleHeartAMG is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2017, 01:00 PM
  #19
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Chicago NW Burbs
Posts: 8,029
Thanked 60 Times in 54 Posts
2007 W211 E350 4Matic / 2008 X164 GL320 CDI
I love the false-flag line.

It lets me ignore just about everything that person says from that point forward.
N_Jay is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2017, 01:47 PM
  #20
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
Das Geld 2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 2,094
Thanked 11 Times in 11 Posts
https://www.rt.com/news/383895-us-airstrike-syria-reactions/

9 civilian deaths and 4 children?
Das Geld 2 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2017, 01:52 PM
  #21
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
Das Geld 2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 2,094
Thanked 11 Times in 11 Posts
Originally Posted by Red Marko View Post
What are you saying, that the pics and vids from few days ago are fake?
Im saying it was a rebel town right where this happened. How do we know isis/rebels just didn't gas their own to make it seem like the government. This is exactly what our enemy wants- blame Assad and get the US to intervene. We know isis has no problem commuting atrocities against their own.

In the 2012 gas attack the un inspectors didn't find a trace of it- then Wikileaks dumped showed shipments from outside to rebel areas as well and we know isis was collaborating with the us gov at the time to push Assad forces back. These are indisputable facts..I mean draw your own conclusions.

goodday
Das Geld 2 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2017, 01:53 PM
  #22
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
cal1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Central WI (BFE)
Posts: 6,888
Thanked 74 Times in 69 Posts
SL55, ML500 & Acura TL
Originally Posted by N_Jay View Post
I love the false-flag line.

It lets me ignore just about everything that person says from that point forward.
You have likely heard this from me before, but extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence IMO.
cal1 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2017, 02:02 PM
  #23
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
Das Geld 2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 2,094
Thanked 11 Times in 11 Posts
Originally Posted by PurpleHeartAMG View Post
We proved this to be wrong years ago. Assad loves chemical weapons, which is why Russia was supposed to take them away from him years ago after we proved it was Assad behind a chemical attack. Then, the most recent attack, reports suggest there is intel that shows the chemical weapons being loaded up at the air base with Russians present for the most recent attack.

If I'm a dictator dropping barrel bombs and slaughtering my people no kidding I'm going to point the finger in another, very convenient, direction and blame "the scary terrorists."

While Russia responds by beefing up air defense systems in Syria we should just arm the hell out of Ukraine. Then swoop in and remove Assad by any means necessary and when Russia tries to cry foul, well, their hands are now tied with their neighbor next door. BTW -- What are pro-Russian rebels doing in Ukraine?

I was all for trying to find a way to come to terms with Putin, but the guy is just a d-bag as well. Being a former KGB Colonel has also granted him with the ability to understand his capabilities vs. ours and he is simply outgunned. Assad is far more unstable so I would suspect a hail-mary out of him. But not Putin in Russia especially when half of his country also hates him too right now.

In my mind, the process is simple.

Remove Assad while using our special forces assets to maintain and eliminate ISIS in Syria. Once we do, don't leave like we did in Libya and actually maintain the place. Strategically speaking, Syria would be a nice piece of land to essentially own and we can also do things like help Israel from there. Also -- Push Russia out.

While that show is going on in Syria, give Ukraine any defensive weapons they need. Not necessarily equip them to go on the offense, but arm them so they can prevent any sort of progress by pro-Russia rebels. At least to the point where if Russia wanted to advance in Ukraine it would take the type of force that would get the rest of Western Europe on board to say enough is enough.

It will never be a perfect place where the grass is green and everyone is happy. But the innocent of Syria are literally being bombed in their sleep by their "leader" who then says "we were going after terrorists." It's a convenient excuse to kill people. Picture Trump bombing Democrats because what is happening there is no different. Much like Putin telling the youth of Russia you better not protest or voice your opinion, or else.

The US is far stronger than Russia which is the key here and as we have Trump ramping up defense spending (finally) our equipment and troops will definitely have the resources/capabilities they need to strong arm the Russians at every corner if it came down to that.

Putin and Assad are "bad hombres."

As for NK - Let China deal with them. If they really puff their chest we have SK and Japan right there too. As far as I'm concerned, all NK is doing is nuking themselves (literally) and shooting off Walmart brand arts and crafts rockets with the little streamers as parachutes. They aren't going anywhere too quickly.
I can't type right now I'll get back to you on this.

The facts are that we don't know the facts at the moment.

Just a brief word on Ukraine.

Ukraine government was taken over by gangsters and terrorists..its 100x worse than before. The rebels as you put it are Ukrainians from the east which btw compromise the most important part of Ukraine and are against the **** government instilled. You do realize it's a rogue government there right now.

Poroshenko is a major overlord and robbed Ukraine in the 90s. Huge areas and terrorties are run by mafia now..the country will never recover.

You do realize Ukraine and Russians are the same people..Russians have been living there for decades..they want their country back. Are you familiar with a coup? Sorry 2k people don't represent the country.

If I take your house and plant people living there..are they know the rightful owners..you best bet me and you and your friends are going to take it back.

It's funny the USA always helps the people or rebels..now this time they are helping the "government" lmao..why don't we help the "govenement" in Syria.

The will of the people is to take the country back..you know there Sl another maiden there right now.. Lmaoo..u said pro Russian..haha oh my friend
Das Geld 2 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2017, 05:19 PM
  #24
MBWorld Fanatic!
Thread Starter
 
AMGfaninVA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 2,448
Thanked 28 Times in 28 Posts
2012 W204 coupe
Originally Posted by cal1 View Post
I wonder what the belligerent rotund juvenile from North Korea is thinking this morning?

Art of the deal. Trump excuses himself before the cheese course with the President of China. He returns and says we just launched 50 Tomahawks on the Syrian airbase. Then says "looking forward to chatting about NK in the AM."
This was a smart move on Trump's part. Although it was more a symbolic gesture than a real blow to Assad's government, it was an important one. Trump has now made a clear statement that the United States will no longer ignore such heinous violations of long standing international agreements on the use of NBC (nuclear, biological, chemical) weapons.

Kim Jong-Un would be (don't expect it) to wake up and smell the kim chee.
AMGfaninVA is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2017, 05:21 PM
  #25
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: NY
Posts: 4,000
Thanked 357 Times in 233 Posts
E63S | X5
^I'm fairly familiar with Ukraine. My name is Kiva (Kiev) so yeah, I get it. But here is my take on everything just from personal experience.

I hate when innocent people die/suffer all because men act like boys.

I fully understand the counter to every argument/theory (whatever) I've mentioned. I also know that some of what I say is unpopular or unrealistic and as though things can happen in a vacuum or perfect world.

I get that the facts in Syria about the "who" aren't clear. My take on it, so what. If ISIS/Terrorists did it or if Assad did it, doesn't matter at this point. Us using it as an excuse to hit Assad where it hurts was perfect timing because Assad has been bombing the rebels aka innocent people since 2011 and almost half a million people have died. Both Assad and ISIS have to go.

As for the alt right being pissed at Trump now about "America First." Well, it's too late for that on the global stage. Like it or not, we are a beacon of "freedom" (I know I know) for the world at this point and when atrocities happen it is expected for us to respond.

Our economy is on the rise, people are feeling relatively secure in multiple aspects of life right now, so it isn't a terrible time make an effort to address a lot of these problems.

Again, I admit that most of these issues are wicked problems. (https://www.wickedproblems.com/1_wicked_problems.php) But as I said, I will side with the innocent and helpless especially when they are stuck between two a$$holes.

Going back to Ukraine, I hear all your points. I'm not saying that we ramp them up as a way to necessarily help Ukraine, but as a way to send a message to Putin that we are done playing these games.

(Here is what comes to mind when I think/say "pro-Russian" and am open to be educated otherwise: http://www.cnn.com/2014/07/22/world/...els-explainer/)

Edit: Not being snarky when I say "educated." Truly, I want to learn and be exposed to as many views as possible and understand I may be wrong. That's why I say what I do but remain open to changing my views)

Last edited by PurpleHeartAMG; 04-07-2017 at 05:29 PM.
PurpleHeartAMG is online now  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to PurpleHeartAMG For This Useful Post:
Red Marko (04-07-2017)
 
 
 



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:08 PM.


Copyright 2001-2012 InternetBrands, Inc. / MBWorld.org. All Rights Reserved.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: