Syria - MBWorld.org Forums

Notices
Political Discussions Use this forum to discuss politics, religion, and other controversial subjects. Respect for your peers is mandatory.

Syria

Reply

 
 
Old 04-11-2017, 10:57 AM
  #1
MBWorld Fanatic!
Thread Starter
 
cal1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Central WI (BFE)
Posts: 6,888
Thanked 74 Times in 69 Posts
Syria

Given the latest events, I thought it made sense to open a thread on Syria. I applaud Trump's action last week. Not only did it send a message to Syria, it sent a message to the world. The days of indolent foreign policy thankfully left with the last administration.

What I do not want to see is more U.S. regime change. Tillerson's and Nikki Haley's recent talk about how Assad must go makes me very nervous. History proves regime change to be a big time mistake. It is not our job to attempt to police or correct all atrocities that occur in the world.
cal1 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2017, 04:39 PM
  #2
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
AMGfaninVA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 1,538
Thanked 25 Times in 25 Posts
I agree. Trump's action was warranted IMO, and we should do the same again if Assad uses unconventional weapons or continues with other atrocities including bombing hospitals, blocking innocents from medical care/food, etc..

Regime change shouldn't be our aim. Like said already, recent history doesn't demonstrate success. Better to give assistance when/where possible and let allies in the region with more to gain/lose assume the burden.
AMGfaninVA is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2017, 10:36 PM
  #3
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Huntington Beach, Ca.
Posts: 5,259
Thanks: 0
Thanked 45 Times in 42 Posts
You won't see an end to the conflicts in the ME because it's not in the best interests of the UN. The "Arab Spring" which has turned into multi year conflicts is perfect for the UN's agenda of relocating people to Western countries to dilute nationalism. Think about it....what have they put more effort into, stopping the wars or relocating the people? Instead of attacking the problem at the source they've made it a world problem. I don't care who controls Syria as long as there is peace.
mleskovar is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to mleskovar For This Useful Post:
tandan (04-12-2017)
Old 04-11-2017, 11:46 PM
  #4
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
kustom2k1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Florida
Posts: 1,874
Thanked 11 Times in 11 Posts
Originally Posted by mleskovar View Post
You won't see an end to the conflicts in the ME because it's not in the best interests of the UN. The "Arab Spring" which has turned into multi year conflicts is perfect for the UN's agenda of relocating people to Western countries to dilute nationalism. Think about it....what have they put more effort into, stopping the wars or relocating the people? Instead of attacking the problem at the source they've made it a world problem. I don't care who controls Syria as long as there is peace.

Someone who gets it.
kustom2k1 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2017, 12:28 AM
  #5
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
Das Geld 2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 1,923
Thanked 7 Times in 7 Posts
Did someone say arab Springs and the alliance of youth summit..

https://wikileaks.org/clinton-emails/emailid/16792
Das Geld 2 is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2017, 09:36 AM
  #6
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
AMGfaninVA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 1,538
Thanked 25 Times in 25 Posts
Originally Posted by mleskovar View Post
The "Arab Spring" which has turned into multi year conflicts is perfect for the UN's agenda of relocating people to Western countries to dilute nationalism.
"Nationalism", not to be confused with patriotism, as it is known today is a perversion of a once noble ideal.

Nationalist run countries include two of the most oppressive in the world; Russia, and China.

Nationalism is a scourge and should be fought wherever it raises it's ugly head.
​​​​​​​
AMGfaninVA is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2017, 10:41 AM
  #7
MBWorld Fanatic!
Thread Starter
 
cal1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Central WI (BFE)
Posts: 6,888
Thanked 74 Times in 69 Posts
Originally Posted by mleskovar View Post
You won't see an end to the conflicts in the ME because it's not in the best interests of the UN. The "Arab Spring" which has turned into multi year conflicts is perfect for the UN's agenda of relocating people to Western countries to dilute nationalism. Think about it....what have they put more effort into, stopping the wars or relocating the people? Instead of attacking the problem at the source they've made it a world problem. I don't care who controls Syria as long as there is peace.
Then we should clearly stay out of these conflicts as war and regime change generates more refugees not less. Just one more reason to stay out of these unwinnable situations.

So the globalists see turmoil as just one more tool used to achieve their goal? Coupled with the AGW ruse, they have lots of power. Soon we will all be part of a global proletariat. To that, I say make America great again.
cal1 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2017, 10:44 AM
  #8
MBWorld Fanatic!
Thread Starter
 
cal1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Central WI (BFE)
Posts: 6,888
Thanked 74 Times in 69 Posts
Originally Posted by AMGfaninVA View Post
"Nationalism", not to be confused with patriotism, as it is known today is a perversion of a once noble ideal.

Nationalist run countries include two of the most oppressive in the world; Russia, and China.

Nationalism is a scourge and should be fought wherever it raises it's ugly head.
​​​​​​​
Patriotism, certainly, but also sovereignty or "nationalism" in the sense of self rule vs rule by a single global entity.
cal1 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2017, 10:55 AM
  #9
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
AMGfaninVA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 1,538
Thanked 25 Times in 25 Posts
Originally Posted by cal1 View Post
Patriotism, certainly, but also sovereignty or "nationalism" in the sense of self rule vs rule by a single global entity.
Like I said, a noble ideal, but not today's nationalists agenda.
AMGfaninVA is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2017, 11:05 AM
  #10
MBWorld Fanatic!
Thread Starter
 
cal1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Central WI (BFE)
Posts: 6,888
Thanked 74 Times in 69 Posts
Originally Posted by AMGfaninVA View Post
Like I said, a noble ideal, but not today's nationalists agenda.
Can you clarify or expound before I possibly respond inappropriately.
cal1 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2017, 11:57 AM
  #11
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Huntington Beach, Ca.
Posts: 5,259
Thanks: 0
Thanked 45 Times in 42 Posts
Originally Posted by cal1 View Post
Then we should clearly stay out of these conflicts as war and regime change generates more refugees not less. Just one more reason to stay out of these unwinnable situations. ...
Sticky wicket. You cannot sit by and allow genocide if you can stop it. You want to end wars instead of letting them continue forever but getting involved in any way pulls you in to the whole conflict. I'm tired of US involvement because it buys us nothing. We're hated one way or the other and often American lives are lost in the process. I think the whole concept of needing allies that you support as puppet regimes is wrong. Like Venezuela they'll self destruct on their own. Let the Marxist/Socialists have control of as much of the world as they want and eventually they'll do the same.


Originally Posted by cal1 View Post
..So the globalists see turmoil as just one more tool used to achieve their goal? Coupled with the AGW ruse, they have lots of power. Soon we will all be part of a global proletariat. To that, I say make America great again.
Yes.
mleskovar is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2017, 12:36 PM
  #12
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
Das Geld 2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 1,923
Thanked 7 Times in 7 Posts
Originally Posted by AMGfaninVA View Post
"Nationalism", not to be confused with patriotism, as it is known today is a perversion of a once noble ideal.

Nationalist run countries include two of the most oppressive in the world; Russia, and China.

Nationalism is a scourge and should be fought wherever it raises it's ugly head.
​​​​​​​
I have a bridge to sell you in New York
Das Geld 2 is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2017, 01:35 PM
  #13
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
AMGfaninVA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 1,538
Thanked 25 Times in 25 Posts
Originally Posted by cal1 View Post
Can you clarify or expound before I possibly respond inappropriately.
Nationalism is the guise that the far right (a significant portion of Trump's base and administration) uses to support their agenda of attempting to repress/deligitimize opposing views, labeling media reports that are critical of the government as "fake news", preventing entire groups of people from entering our country under the false/flawed premise that doing so will stop terrorists, and isolating America from being an active participant in world events, to name a few things.

Originally Posted by Das Geld 2 View Post
I have a bridge to sell you in New York
Why would I do that? I haven't bought any of the other crap you've tried to sell so far.

Last edited by AMGfaninVA; 04-12-2017 at 01:48 PM.
AMGfaninVA is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2017, 02:26 PM
  #14
MBWorld Fanatic!
Thread Starter
 
cal1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Central WI (BFE)
Posts: 6,888
Thanked 74 Times in 69 Posts
Originally Posted by AMGfaninVA View Post
Nationalism is the guise that the far right (a significant portion of Trump's base and administration) uses to support their agenda of attempting to repress/deligitimize opposing views, labeling media reports that are critical of the government as "fake news", preventing entire groups of people from entering our country under the false/flawed premise that doing so will stop terrorists, and isolating America from being an active participant in world events, to name a few things.
I thought that is what you meant, but wanted to be sure. I mostly disagree. Might not be worth discussing though because I think a bunch of this stuff has already been argued.
cal1 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2017, 03:13 PM
  #15
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
AMGfaninVA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 1,538
Thanked 25 Times in 25 Posts
Originally Posted by cal1 View Post
I thought that is what you meant, but wanted to be sure. I mostly disagree. Might not be worth discussing though because I think a bunch of this stuff has already been argued.
Of course anything can be debated, but consider how often Trump, his administration, and supporters cry "fake news" when a true/verifiable story is published. Fake news has been around a very long time, but have you noticed how much the term has been thrown around over the past 18+ months? All this coming from a man and administration that has lied to the American public many times.

Attempts by Trump to institute a travel ban have been largely supported by the right/far right even though there is no logical evidence to support the notion that a ban (or a wall) will keep us any safer. Remember, not a single American has been killed on American soil by anyone from a country on Trump's proposed ban list.

And look at how pissed the far right is with Trump for launching missiles into Syria last week.

Party loyalists can delude themselves into believing what this admin is selling because it fulfills many of their wishes, but it won't, can't last. Unless Trump moderates his approach to governing (and we've already seen some) the Pubs will be out on their keisters within the next few years. Personally, I don't care who's in power as long as they do right by the American people.
AMGfaninVA is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2017, 05:03 PM
  #16
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
Das Geld 2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 1,923
Thanked 7 Times in 7 Posts
Originally Posted by AMGfaninVA View Post
Nationalism is the guise that the far right (a significant portion of Trump's base and administration) uses to support their agenda of attempting to repress/deligitimize opposing views, labeling media reports that are critical of the government as "fake news", preventing entire groups of people from entering our country under the false/flawed premise that doing so will stop terrorists, and isolating America from being an active participant in world events, to name a few things.


Why would I do that? I haven't bought any of the other crap you've tried to sell so far.
It seems our new policy is bomb first ask questions later.

You bought all the crap already..thought I'd sell you another one. You can't face the truth or handle the truth.

Funny when I turn out to be right and let's say you realize it's right. Will you apologize or offer what? Because an apology that you were wrong doesn't mean much. I'm just curious what will you say if you Turn out to be wrong. The American people don't want any of this crap.

Last edited by Das Geld 2; 04-12-2017 at 05:06 PM.
Das Geld 2 is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2017, 05:41 PM
  #17
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
AMGfaninVA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 1,538
Thanked 25 Times in 25 Posts
Originally Posted by Das Geld 2 View Post
It seems our new policy is bomb first ask questions later.
Say's the person who slurps far (alt) right news like Kool Aid.

Originally Posted by Das Geld 2 View Post
can't face the truth or handle the truth
Jack Nicholson you ain't.

Originally Posted by Das Geld 2 View Post
Funny when I turn out to be right and let's say you realize it's right. Will you apologize or offer what? Because an apology that you were wrong doesn't mean much. I'm just curious what will you say if you Turn out to be wrong. The American people don't want any of this crap.
​​​​​​​Funny is this ^^!!

The day you're right
​​​​​​​

​​​
AMGfaninVA is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2017, 06:25 PM
  #18
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
Das Geld 2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 1,923
Thanked 7 Times in 7 Posts
Originally Posted by AMGfaninVA View Post
Say's the person who slurps far (alt) right news like Kool Aid.


Jack Nicholson you ain't.


​​​​​​​Funny is this ^^!!

The day you're right
​​​​​​​

​​​
A. That's exactly what happend
B. I'm TC ahaha
C. No, seriously I want to hear it?
Das Geld 2 is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2017, 06:35 PM
  #19
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
AMGfaninVA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 1,538
Thanked 25 Times in 25 Posts
Originally Posted by Das Geld 2 View Post
A. That's exactly what happend
B. I'm TC ahaha
C. No, seriously I want to hear it?
1. No questions were necessary.
2. He's kinda nutty too.
3. Asked and answered already.
AMGfaninVA is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2017, 07:56 PM
  #20
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
Das Geld 2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 1,923
Thanked 7 Times in 7 Posts
Originally Posted by AMGfaninVA View Post
1. No questions were necessary.
2. He's kinda nutty too.
3. Asked and answered already.

How did Trump and Rex bungle this syria situation so badly..North Korea thread should Be opened up soon.

Every Christian, Jew and Muslim is for Assad as well.

Today's meeting with Lavrov
Russian foreign minister did some MAJOR red pilling to the world in that news confrence!

- Zero evidence to support US position on Syria chem issue
- "Hysterical Senate" (meaning McCain & Graham)
- 2013 Syria attack a lie by US
- Iraq & Libya both disasters after killing dictator
- Syria has no UN sanctions and no legit reason for US to attack

Democrat or Republican we are in serious trouble right now..I wouldn't be sleeping so well right now.
Das Geld 2 is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2017, 08:38 PM
  #21
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
Red Marko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Poconos, Pennsylvania
Posts: 2,595
Thanked 28 Times in 27 Posts
Seriously! (or not)

But, can we all blame youtube video on this Syria attack?
Red Marko is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2017, 08:41 PM
  #22
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
AMGfaninVA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 1,538
Thanked 25 Times in 25 Posts
Originally Posted by Das Geld 2 View Post
How did Trump and Rex bungle this syria situation so badly..North Korea thread should Be opened up soon.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=902COL2QoGA
Every Christian, Jew and Muslim is for Assad as well.

Today's meeting with Lavrov
Russian foreign minister did some MAJOR red pilling to the world in that news confrence!

- Zero evidence to support US position on Syria chem issue
- "Hysterical Senate" (meaning McCain & Graham)
- 2013 Syria attack a lie by US
- Iraq & Libya both disasters after killing dictator
- Syria has no UN sanctions and no legit reason for US to attack

Democrat or Republican we are in serious trouble right now..I wouldn't be sleeping so well right now.
Really neat propagandist video. I wonder how many of those people are still in Syria?

7 blah blahs. One for each of the above irrational frantic rants.

Can't sleep? Move to Syria, I hear the citizens love it there.
AMGfaninVA is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2017, 09:12 PM
  #23
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
Red Marko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Poconos, Pennsylvania
Posts: 2,595
Thanked 28 Times in 27 Posts
Originally Posted by AMGfaninVA View Post
Really neat propagandist video. I wonder how many of those people are still in Syria?

7 blah blahs. One for each of the above irrational frantic rants.

Can't sleep? Move to Syria, I hear the citizens love it there.
I'm confident you will see and realize that you rebuke Das Geld's with gibberish (read - $h!t)?

Hopefully you can do better that that in the future as you might have potentials. Don't know what they are though...
Red Marko is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2017, 09:47 PM
  #24
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
AMGfaninVA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 1,538
Thanked 25 Times in 25 Posts
Originally Posted by Red Marko View Post
I'm confident you will see and realize that you rebuke Das Geld's with gibberish (read - $h!t)?

Hopefully you can do better that that in the future as you might have potentials. Don't know what they are though...
Thanks for the analysis professor M, really means.... well, I appreciate the effort anyways.

As for DG2, tit for tat.
AMGfaninVA is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2017, 12:46 AM
  #25
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
Das Geld 2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 1,923
Thanked 7 Times in 7 Posts
Originally Posted by AMGfaninVA View Post
Thanks for the analysis professor M, really means.... well, I appreciate the effort anyways.

As for DG2, tit for tat.
Haha, got to admire your resilience.

For those who are familiar with Robert Parry.
Original inside the links, link.

https://www.infowars.com/u-s-intelli...om-saudi-base/

Nothing about this recent attack adds up the only people who are to gain are the ones who just played us into attacking Syria again. More and more evidence is coming to light against itS
Das Geld 2 is online now  
Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:31 PM.


Copyright 2001-2012 InternetBrands, Inc. / MBWorld.org. All Rights Reserved.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: