Trump Asked Comey to End Flynn Inquiry - MBWorld.org Forums



Political Discussions Use this forum to discuss politics, religion, and other controversial subjects. Respect for your peers is mandatory.

Trump Asked Comey to End Flynn Inquiry

Reply
 
 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread
Old 05-16-2017, 05:33 PM   #1
Junior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: New York, NY
Posts: 44
Drives: 16 F12tdf, 15 range rover sc.
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Trump Asked Comey to End Flynn Inquiry

Quote:

WASHINGTON — President Trump asked the F.B.I. director, James B. Comey, to shut down the federal investigation into Mr. Trump’s former national security adviser, Michael T. Flynn, in an Oval Office meeting in February, according to a memo that Mr. Comey wrote shortly after the meeting.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/05/16/u...=top-news&_r=0


And it never ends.
He belongs in jail.

Going to sit back and watch the conservatives play mental gymnastics and explain this one too. There is always an excuse for Trumps gross incompetence and criminality. Always.
JFK-CDG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2017, 05:43 PM   #2
Junior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: New York, NY
Posts: 44
Drives: 16 F12tdf, 15 range rover sc.
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Please.
JFK-CDG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2017, 06:02 PM   #3
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
Red Marko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Poconos, Pennsylvania
Posts: 2,365
Drives: 2008 CL600 designo Mocha Black/Cognac Black
Thanked 10 Times in 10 Posts
This is peanuts when compared to Bubba, meeting Loretta Lynch at the tarmac begging for jail free card for Hillary, THE most corrupt politician in modern history.
Red Marko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2017, 06:04 PM   #4
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
Red Marko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Poconos, Pennsylvania
Posts: 2,365
Drives: 2008 CL600 designo Mocha Black/Cognac Black
Thanked 10 Times in 10 Posts
But, watch out, don't make the same mistake like you did with your previous thread!



Edit;

You think I'm joking?

http://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/rea...850f88c293d50f

Last edited by Red Marko; 05-16-2017 at 07:03 PM.
Red Marko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2017, 06:05 PM   #5
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
Das Geld 2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 1,777
Thanks: 0
Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JFK-CDG View Post

And it never ends.
He belongs in jail.

Going to sit back and watch the conservatives play mental gymnastics and explain this one too. There is always an excuse for Trumps gross incompetence and criminality. Always.
And What exactly is the crime talking to Russians?

Are Liberals really stupid enough to buy into this bull****. The whole hysteria is irrelevant.
Das Geld 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2017, 06:14 PM   #6
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Chicago NW Burbs
Posts: 7,046
Drives: 2007 W211 E350 4Matic / 2008 X164 GL320 CDI
Thanked 49 Times in 44 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Das Geld 2 View Post
And What exactly is the crime talking to Russians?
Its only ok if you offer then a little flexibility.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Das Geld 2 View Post
Are Liberals really stupid enough to buy into this bull****. The whole hysteria is irrelevant.
Survey says:
N_Jay is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2017, 09:09 PM   #7
Super Member
 
AMGfaninVA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 904
Drives: 2012 W204 coupe
Thanked 14 Times in 14 Posts
Joke all you like, but this s*** is about to get real. Trump's recent foibles, gaffs, idiotic tweets, etc. and now this new revelation about a memo documenting how Trump supposedly asked Comey to halt the investigation of Flynn is not good news for his administration.

Last time a President found himself fully encircled by an angry, powerful media, low low approval ratings, and a whole lot of self inflicted wounds was in the early 1970's and by '74 it was over..

I don't pretend to know what will happen, but Trump seriously needs to STFU, stop tweeting, and hire much better spokespeople.

Also, get a crew of lawyers experienced in Constitutional and criminal law.
AMGfaninVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2017, 01:39 AM   #8
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 425
Drives: 04 E55 AMG
Thanks: 0
Thanked 12 Times in 12 Posts
The Flynn story is another one thats complete bull****. Previous presidents wouldnt have had any advisors if the basis for their employment is did you talk to a russian/ambassador before your appointment?

Its another story I fail to see what the big deal is. If the dems had done it (which I gaurantee they have) the media wouldnt of said a thing.

FAKE NEWS.
austingtir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2017, 01:43 AM   #9
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 425
Drives: 04 E55 AMG
Thanks: 0
Thanked 12 Times in 12 Posts
I notice none of you want to discuss Seth Rich? Maybe its time for me to start my own thread on it.

austingtir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2017, 01:50 AM   #10
Junior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: New York, NY
Posts: 44
Drives: 16 F12tdf, 15 range rover sc.
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Marko View Post
This is peanuts when compared to Bubba, meeting Loretta Lynch at the tarmac begging for jail free card for Hillary, THE most corrupt politician in modern history.
Quote:
Originally Posted by N_Jay View Post
Its only ok if you offer then a little flexibility.



Survey says:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Das Geld 2 View Post
And What exactly is the crime talking to Russians?

Are Liberals really stupid enough to buy into this bull****. The whole hysteria is irrelevant.

Quote:
Originally Posted by austingtir View Post
The Flynn story is another one thats complete bull****. Previous presidents wouldnt have had any advisors if the basis for their employment is did you talk to a russian/ambassador before your appointment?

Its another story I fail to see what the big deal is. If the dems had done it (which I gaurantee they have) the media wouldnt of said a thing.

FAKE NEWS.


JFK-CDG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2017, 03:51 AM   #11
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 425
Drives: 04 E55 AMG
Thanks: 0
Thanked 12 Times in 12 Posts
austingtir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2017, 07:55 AM   #12
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
cal1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Central WI (BFE)
Posts: 6,815
Drives: SL55, ML500 & Acura TL
Thanked 61 Times in 57 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AMGfaninVA View Post

Last time a President found himself fully encircled by an angry, powerful media, low low approval ratings, and a whole lot of self inflicted wounds was in the early 1970's and by '74 it was over..
A most salient point. The angry mob that is the MSM should frighten everyone including self proclaimed intellectually superior liberals. Sure, right now the "activist journalists" claiming moral justification, are attempting to take down Trump, but what might they focus on in the future? They are attempting to usurp American suffrage by forcing out a duly elected president because they hate him. The power of the modern MSM should scare the crap out of all freedom loving Americans.

Quote:
Originally Posted by austingtir View Post
The Flynn story is another one thats complete bull****. Previous presidents wouldnt have had any advisors if the basis for their employment is did you talk to a russian/ambassador before your appointment?

Its another story I fail to see what the big deal is. If the dems had done it (which I gaurantee they have) the media wouldnt of said a thing.

FAKE NEWS.
Just curious what the political temperature is like in NZ? I suspect you are among the minority and most Kiwi's would be much like an American lib.
cal1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2017, 08:32 AM   #13
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Chicago NW Burbs
Posts: 7,046
Drives: 2007 W211 E350 4Matic / 2008 X164 GL320 CDI
Thanked 49 Times in 44 Posts
Cooler heads from AP: (Oh wait, its about Trump; Pitchforks and Torches!)
https://www.apnews.com/731350242bd349b8af01afc1a5668cb9
N_Jay is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2017, 08:45 AM   #14
Super Member
 
AMGfaninVA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 904
Drives: 2012 W204 coupe
Thanked 14 Times in 14 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cal1 View Post
A most salient point. The angry mob that is the MSM should frighten everyone including self proclaimed intellectually superior liberals. Sure, right now the "activist journalists" claiming moral justification, are attempting to take down Trump, but what might they focus on in the future? They are attempting to usurp American suffrage by forcing out a duly elected president because they hate him. The power of the modern MSM should scare the crap out of all freedom loving Americans.lib.
Although I don't agree entirely with your view, it should be clear to any fair minded person that many in the media are attacking Trump for no other reason than hatred of him/his objectives. We'll, that and he beat Hillary.
AMGfaninVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2017, 08:49 AM   #15
Super Member
 
AMGfaninVA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 904
Drives: 2012 W204 coupe
Thanked 14 Times in 14 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by austingtir View Post
I notice none of you want to discuss Seth Rich? Maybe its time for me to start my own thread on it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ioBiYxZReTo
Maybe you should start a single thread titled "Crazy a** conspiracy theories". You know, a kind of place where you can store a large chunk of your stupidity.
AMGfaninVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2017, 11:29 AM   #16
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
cal1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Central WI (BFE)
Posts: 6,815
Drives: SL55, ML500 & Acura TL
Thanked 61 Times in 57 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by N_Jay View Post
Cooler heads from AP: (Oh wait, its about Trump; Pitchforks and Torches!)
https://www.apnews.com/731350242bd349b8af01afc1a5668cb9
I have been monitoring CNN and MSNBC in hopes of them touching on content similar to the AP article. Good thing I chose not to hold my breath.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMGfaninVA View Post
Although I don't agree entirely with your view, it should be clear to any fair minded person that many in the media are attacking Trump for no other reason than hatred of him/his objectives. We'll, that and he beat Hillary.
But you agree with the broader point regarding the media's immense power to push whatever narrative they choose and how dangerous that could be?

It used to be the media was governed by journalistic ethics. Now they seem to think the end justifies the means even inventing new terms like activist journalism.
cal1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2017, 12:01 PM   #17
Super Member
 
AMGfaninVA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 904
Drives: 2012 W204 coupe
Thanked 14 Times in 14 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cal1 View Post
But you agree with the broader point regarding the media's immense power to push whatever narrative they choose and how dangerous that could be?

It used to be the media was governed by journalistic ethics. Now they seem to think the end justifies the means even inventing new terms like activist journalism.
I do agree that the media has a great deal of influence on the America public, and that there are organizations/individuals intent on destroying Trump. They will exaggerate every little stupid thing he says or does as being grounds for impeachment. There is also at least one MSM outlet, Fox News, that props Trump up no matter what. All of those are wrong and betrayals of the public trust.

There are organizations/individuals within the media that I believe are doing their honest best to present information without bias, or at least a modest amount. Unfortunately, not many.

Problem for most folks is recognizing the problem in the first place. It seems to me that most are sheep to their respective political leanings.
AMGfaninVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2017, 05:48 PM   #18
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
cal1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Central WI (BFE)
Posts: 6,815
Drives: SL55, ML500 & Acura TL
Thanked 61 Times in 57 Posts
Grey Lady Down? No, they will stick a retraction in with the obits

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFK-CDG View Post

And it never ends.
He belongs in jail.

Going to sit back and watch the conservatives play mental gymnastics and explain this one too. There is always an excuse for Trumps gross incompetence and criminality. Always.
Seems your superior liberal intellect let you down once again.

Excerpt from Senate hearings earlier this month.

Quote:
First, Hirono askedComey: “So if the attorney general or senior officials at the Department of Justice opposes a specific investigation, can they halt that FBI investigation?

And Comey’s response: “In theory, yes.”
Hirono: “Has it happened?”

Comey:
“Not in my experience. Because it would be a big deal to tell the FBI to stop doing something that — without an appropriate purpose. I mean where oftentimes they give us opinions that we don’t see a case there, and so you ought to stop investing resources in it. But I’m talking about a situation where we were told to stop something for a political reason, that would be a very big deal. It’s not happened in my experience.
I'm pretty sure we can get the transcripts if you wish.
cal1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2017, 06:58 PM   #19
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
Red Marko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Poconos, Pennsylvania
Posts: 2,365
Drives: 2008 CL600 designo Mocha Black/Cognac Black
Thanked 10 Times in 10 Posts
Why bother. He has no idea what you are talking about anyway.
Red Marko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2017, 07:39 PM   #20
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
cal1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Central WI (BFE)
Posts: 6,815
Drives: SL55, ML500 & Acura TL
Thanked 61 Times in 57 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Marko View Post
Why bother. He has no idea what you are talking about anyway.
Good point. Only us troglodytes focus on stuff like facts. Liberals are so over such elementary notions.
cal1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2017, 07:58 PM   #21
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
cal1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Central WI (BFE)
Posts: 6,815
Drives: SL55, ML500 & Acura TL
Thanked 61 Times in 57 Posts
Am I presumptuous or premature in predicting that JFK will soon retreat to the comforting liberal bosom that is BWOT?
cal1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2017, 08:24 PM   #22
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
Red Marko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Poconos, Pennsylvania
Posts: 2,365
Drives: 2008 CL600 designo Mocha Black/Cognac Black
Thanked 10 Times in 10 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cal1 View Post
Am I presumptuous or premature in predicting that JFK will soon retreat to the comforting liberal bosom that is BWOT?
I predict intensified ANTIFA training.

Red Marko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2017, 08:34 PM   #23
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
cal1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Central WI (BFE)
Posts: 6,815
Drives: SL55, ML500 & Acura TL
Thanked 61 Times in 57 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Marko View Post
I predict intensified ANTIFA training.

https://www.facebook.com/HereforLate...0121644180707/
LOL! Now that I have wiped my computer screen clean of well chewed fried cheese curds (its a WI thing), I ask, was I mistaken in suggesting bosom? Instead is flaccid ***** more accurate?
cal1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2017, 08:54 PM   #24
Super Member
 
AMGfaninVA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 904
Drives: 2012 W204 coupe
Thanked 14 Times in 14 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Marko View Post
I predict intensified ANTIFA training.

https://www.facebook.com/HereforLate...0121644180707/
That is so wrong! You are a sick sick man.
AMGfaninVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2017, 09:09 PM   #25
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
cal1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Central WI (BFE)
Posts: 6,815
Drives: SL55, ML500 & Acura TL
Thanked 61 Times in 57 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AMGfaninVA View Post
That is so wrong! You are a sick sick man.
Indeed!!!
cal1 is online now   Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:20 PM.


Copyright © 2001-2012 InternetBrands, Inc. / MBWorld.org. All Rights Reserved.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
What's your question?
Send