Trump: Epic failure as President (?) - MBWorld.org Forums

Go Back  MBWorld.org Forums > General Forums > Off Topic > Political Discussions
Trump:  Epic failure as President (?) > Trump: Epic failure as President (?)
Notices
Political Discussions Use this forum to discuss politics, religion, and other controversial subjects. Respect for your peers is mandatory.

Trump: Epic failure as President (?)

Reply

 
 
Old 07-07-2017, 01:09 PM
  #1
MBWorld Fanatic!
Thread Starter
 
AMGfaninVA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 2,039
Thanked 28 Times in 28 Posts
Trump: Epic failure as President (?)

Trump's entire campaign was based on his platform catch phrase "Make America Great Again", but what has he done to "make America great again" in his first six months?

He has rescinded numerous Obama executive orders, proposed 2 travel ban orders (both blocked by courts, later SCOTUS allowed some parts to be enforced), gotten zero (0) funding for his wall from a Congress run by his own party (says Mexico will pay. Fat chance.), and is having great difficulty passing a new health care bill even though his own party controls both houses of Congress. These are just a handful of the "top priorities" Trump has promised and so far failed at.

Add to that his insulting, ignorant and boorish behavior when dealing with foreign heads of state that has many of our (possibly former) staunchest allies shaking their heads in disbelief and petitions signed by millions saying they don't want Trump to visit their countries. And here at home, Trump, with his idiotic tweets against Democrats, the MSM, and anybody who dare cross him has caused the most significant/hostile divide in our country in decades (at least), earning him consistently abysmal approval ratings.

Winning? I think not.

Last edited by AMGfaninVA; 07-07-2017 at 01:13 PM.
AMGfaninVA is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2017, 01:15 PM
  #2
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
Das Geld 2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 2,025
Thanked 10 Times in 10 Posts
Das Geld 2 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2017, 01:28 PM
  #3
MBWorld Fanatic!
Thread Starter
 
AMGfaninVA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 2,039
Thanked 28 Times in 28 Posts
^No, sadly it isn't fake news.
AMGfaninVA is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2017, 02:43 PM
  #4
Senior Member
 
PatrixUSA's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: CA
Posts: 263
Thanked 7 Times in 6 Posts
Originally Posted by AMGfaninVA View Post
And here at home, Trump, with his idiotic tweets against Democrats, the MSM, and anybody who dare cross him has caused the most significant/hostile divide in our country in decades (at least), earning him consistently abysmal approval ratings.
Does it make sense for Trump to get all of the blame for the negative, while no credit for the positive?

Stock market, economy, real estate, jobs... he's only been in office for six months, that's not Trump, that's all BO.
Racial / political divide, hatred, violence, murder... yeah, that's all Trump.

Make sense?... yeah, no...
PatrixUSA is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2017, 03:11 PM
  #5
MBWorld Fanatic!
Thread Starter
 
AMGfaninVA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 2,039
Thanked 28 Times in 28 Posts
By this point in Obama's first term there were more jobs created. The economy was in a shambles from the collapse of '08, but the stock market was climbing. There was division in the country, as there has always been more/less, but nothing anywhere close to what we have today. Only a blind and deaf person might not know how bad it has gotten, mostly because of Trump himself. I won't even go into how much higher Obama's approval rating was.

Even though Trump did not want to admit it, he inherited a healthy, although slow moving, economy and steadily declining jobless rate. Like Presidents before him, Trump had little at all to do with economic indicators for the first few months of his administration. That was mostly residual effects of the previous administration. Now however, it does look like some of President Trump's pro-business EO's are beginning to pay off. Hopefully that will continue. We'll see.
AMGfaninVA is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2017, 03:33 PM
  #6
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
Das Geld 2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 2,025
Thanked 10 Times in 10 Posts
ugh no, false on all accounts. Esp the Econ. Everything you said the exact opposite is true.

obama manipulated the job reports.

racial divide and violence thx BO and MSM 8 years of false and deceptive news.if not 25

do your own research.
if you guys wanna learn about finance economics.

then you realize the fed is responsible for most of the financial aspects here. Listen to peter Schiff if you want to know how bad the economy really is right now.

i mean we're on the brink of collapse but you won't feel it

Last edited by Das Geld 2; 07-07-2017 at 03:47 PM.
Das Geld 2 is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Das Geld 2 For This Useful Post:
Gailey (08-16-2017)
Old 07-07-2017, 03:38 PM
  #7
MBWorld Fanatic!
Thread Starter
 
AMGfaninVA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 2,039
Thanked 28 Times in 28 Posts
Originally Posted by Das Geld 2 View Post
ugh no, false on all accounts. Esp the Econ. Everything you said the exact opposite is true.

obama manipulated the job reports.

racial divide and violence thx BO and MSM 8 years of false and deceptive news.if not 25

do your own research.
if you guys wanna learn about finance economics.

then you realize the fed is responsible for most of the financial aspects here. Listen to peter Schiff if you want to know how bad the economy really is right now.

i mean we're on the brink of collapse but you won't feel it
Tell ya what, since you disagree with what I said regarding the economy, jobless rate, etc., how about you put up some evidence (real/actual proof, not any of your usual infowars type garbage.)?
AMGfaninVA is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2017, 03:42 PM
  #8
Senior Member
 
PatrixUSA's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: CA
Posts: 263
Thanked 7 Times in 6 Posts
Originally Posted by AMGfaninVA View Post
By this point in Obama's first term there were more jobs created. The economy was in a shambles from the collapse of '08, but the stock market was climbing. There was division in the country, as there has always been more/less, but nothing anywhere close to what we have today. Only a blind and deaf person might not know how bad it has gotten, mostly because of Trump himself. I won't even go into how much higher Obama's approval rating was.

Even though Trump did not want to admit it, he inherited a healthy, although slow moving, economy and steadily declining jobless rate. Like Presidents before him, Trump had little at all to do with economic indicators for the first few months of his administration. That was mostly residual effects of the previous administration. Now however, it does look like some of President Trump's pro-business EO's are beginning to pay off. Hopefully that will continue. We'll see.
Your position (Trump reposible for the negative, BO responsible for the positive) seeks to have it both ways, which is unrealistic and frankly not possible, but stangely enough, serves to reiforce your ideological POV, clearly showing how ideology drives your interpretive bias of events. No reason to debate your POV.
PatrixUSA is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2017, 03:44 PM
  #9
Senior Member
 
PatrixUSA's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: CA
Posts: 263
Thanked 7 Times in 6 Posts
Das Geld 2, you've missed the point of my post entirely.
PatrixUSA is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2017, 03:46 PM
  #10
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
Das Geld 2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 2,025
Thanked 10 Times in 10 Posts
Originally Posted by PatrixUSA View Post
Das Geld 2, you've missed the point of my post entirely.
haha posting now to say I completely missed the rhetoric. I have 4 screens open just skim reading.
Das Geld 2 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2017, 03:48 PM
  #11
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
Das Geld 2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 2,025
Thanked 10 Times in 10 Posts
Originally Posted by AMGfaninVA View Post
Tell ya what, since you disagree with what I said regarding the economy, jobless rate, etc., how about you put up some evidence (real/actual proof, not any of your usual infowars type garbage.)?
Sure, they changed the formula to count 3 part time jobs as one full time and then people who can't find work after 6 months are out of job force formula.

we have 110 m Americans not working.

im waiting for the next formula to show we have -15% unemployment hahaha!
Das Geld 2 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2017, 03:51 PM
  #12
MBWorld Fanatic!
Thread Starter
 
AMGfaninVA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 2,039
Thanked 28 Times in 28 Posts
Originally Posted by PatrixUSA View Post
Your position (Trump reposible for the negative, BO responsible for the positive) seeks to have it both ways, which is unrealistic and frankly not possible, but stangely enough, serves to reiforce your ideological POV, clearly showing how ideology drives your interpretive bias of events. No reason to debate your POV.
This ^^ entire post is a nonsensical argument. You failed to point out a single contradictory thing I supposedly said. Not only that, you attempted to turn my view into a wholly one sided one when, in fact, I did recognize and give Trump due credit.

Lesson of the day for you: Not everyone completely disagrees or agrees always.
AMGfaninVA is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2017, 03:52 PM
  #13
MBWorld Fanatic!
Thread Starter
 
AMGfaninVA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 2,039
Thanked 28 Times in 28 Posts
Originally Posted by Das Geld 2 View Post
..... im waiting for the next formula to show we have -15% unemployment hahaha!
And I'm waiting for your evidence that proves my statement wrong.
AMGfaninVA is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2017, 04:05 PM
  #14
Senior Member
 
PatrixUSA's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: CA
Posts: 263
Thanked 7 Times in 6 Posts
Originally Posted by AMGfaninVA View Post
This ^^ entire post is a nonsensical argument. You failed to point out a single contradictory thing I supposedly said. Not only that, you attempted to turn my view into a wholly one sided one when, in fact, I did recognize and give Trump due credit.
As I posted, there's little reason to debate someone's POV, so my post was not an argument, (but you taking it as such, along with my prior posting experience with you, gives me some insight into your personality) my post was only meant to display how ideology drives an interpretive bias of events.

Originally Posted by AMGfaninVA View Post
Lesson of the day for you: Not everyone completely disagrees or agrees always.
Good lesson, thanks, as given our current state, apparently not, I must have been misinformed.
PatrixUSA is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2017, 04:34 PM
  #15
MBWorld Fanatic!
Thread Starter
 
AMGfaninVA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 2,039
Thanked 28 Times in 28 Posts
Originally Posted by PatrixUSA View Post
As I posted, there's little reason to debate someone's POV, so my post was not an argument, (but you taking it as such, along with my prior posting experience with you, gives me some insight into your personality) my post was only meant to display how ideology drives an interpretive bias of events.
Your post was a nonsensical passive agrressive taunt. Anyone of at least average intelligence would see it. Trying to pass it off as an observation is a weak attempt at intellectualizing something that wasn't. Stop trying to act like you're talking over everyone's head, it only makes you more ignorant.

You were wrong when you argued with me about Comey legally leaking information, and you are wrong now.

Have a nice weekend.
AMGfaninVA is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2017, 04:38 PM
  #16
Senior Member
 
PatrixUSA's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: CA
Posts: 263
Thanked 7 Times in 6 Posts
Now you just look to be bitter and unreasonably argumentative, like you are reaching for something to argue about... or just rebutting for rebuttal's sake at this point, either way, no thanks.

Originally Posted by AMGfaninVA View Post
Have a nice weekend.
Right back at you! (in keeping with my passive aggressiveness )
PatrixUSA is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2017, 06:34 PM
  #17
Super Moderator
 
amdeutsch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: www.Traben-Trarbach.de
Posts: 15,366
Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
For those of you claiming BO the great and jobs. I call

He is responsible for almost single handily destroying an entire industry - resulting in 100s of 1000s in layoffs. And those were good paying jobs. Not the fake minimum wage jobs where the government claims a 1 for 1. A $50/hr job pays more taxes than 5 x $10/hr jobs. But the government caters to the masses. BTW, a lot of those jobs still haven't come back or are only offered at lower wages while requiring even more experience.
amdeutsch is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2017, 06:44 PM
  #18
MBWorld Fanatic!
Thread Starter
 
AMGfaninVA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 2,039
Thanked 28 Times in 28 Posts
Originally Posted by amdeutsch View Post
He is responsible for almost single handily destroying an entire industry - resulting in 100s of 1000s in layoffs. And those were good paying jobs.
What industry are you referring to?
AMGfaninVA is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2017, 06:54 PM
  #19
Super Moderator
 
amdeutsch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: www.Traben-Trarbach.de
Posts: 15,366
Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Originally Posted by AMGfaninVA View Post
What industry are you referring to?
Aviation. Companies folded, others downsized dramatically, etc, etc. I still know people to this day that after a long career still have not recovered. A short term contract job here and there. A cross train at half of their previous salary because they have to compete with college grads since their experience didn't transfer and/or was counted.
amdeutsch is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2017, 08:15 PM
  #20
Super Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 811
Thanks: 0
Thanked 32 Times in 30 Posts
If Trumps such a failure then what was Obama?










With Hillary and Podesta's help he has pretty much destroyed the democratic party. These people are liars and sellouts and the american people could see that.
austingtir is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2017, 08:35 PM
  #21
MBWorld Fanatic!
Thread Starter
 
AMGfaninVA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 2,039
Thanked 28 Times in 28 Posts
Originally Posted by amdeutsch View Post
Aviation. Companies folded, others downsized dramatically, etc, etc. I still know people to this day that after a long career still have not recovered. A short term contract job here and there. A cross train at half of their previous salary because they have to compete with college grads since their experience didn't transfer and/or was counted.
Can you direct me where to find information on the 100's of thousands of lost jobs in the aviation industry caused by Obama? I'm not being facetious or intending any disrespect to folks affected by layoffs, I just haven't been able to locate anything that supports anywhere near the number you're referring to or that Obama was responsible. There are several articles addressing jobs lost due to airline bankruptcies/restructuring, high fuel prices translating to higher ticket prices and fewer passengers, and even perceived intrusive TSA practices causing some not to fly. I did find an article from January this year (or last December, can't remember which) concerning Lockheed Martin negotiating with the Indian government to build an entire line of fighter aircraft in India. A plan that Obama supported.

Hopefully President Trump will be able to keep those jobs (and all the jobs for folks who work at the various supporting companies) and many more, as well as bringing other jobs back from overseas.
AMGfaninVA is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2017, 08:45 PM
  #22
Super Moderator
 
amdeutsch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: www.Traben-Trarbach.de
Posts: 15,366
Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Originally Posted by AMGfaninVA View Post
Can you direct me where to find information on the 100's of thousands of lost jobs in the aviation industry caused by Obama? I'm not being facetious or intending any disrespect to folks affected by layoffs, I just haven't been able to locate anything that supports anywhere near the number you're referring to or that Obama was responsible. There are several articles addressing jobs lost due to airline bankruptcies/restructuring, high fuel prices translating to higher ticket prices and fewer passengers, and even perceived intrusive TSA practices causing some not to fly. I did find an article from January this year (or last December, can't remember which) concerning Lockheed Martin negotiating with the Indian government to build an entire line of fighter aircraft in India. A plan that Obama supported.

Hopefully President Trump will be able to keep those jobs (and all the jobs for folks who work at the various supporting companies) and many more, as well as bringing other jobs back from overseas.
And you are ignoring the trickle down effect from the OEM to the subcontrators to the small businesses supporting both. You are also limiting your thinking to airlines and are ignoring general aviation. Once you broaden your outlook you will find the data.
amdeutsch is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2017, 08:57 PM
  #23
MBWorld Fanatic!
Thread Starter
 
AMGfaninVA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 2,039
Thanked 28 Times in 28 Posts
Originally Posted by austingtir View Post
If Trumps such a failure then what was Obama?
Don't fall over from shock reading what I'm about to say; You're right on this one. Obama's uber liberal (IMO) policies did him and the Dems in. They deserved those losses. President Trump leaves much to be desired in many respects, and while his nationalist mentality goes a bit too far on some issues (again, IMO), his "America first" agenda is refreshing and welcomed after 8 years of Obama's globalist kumbya crap. Too many jobs lost, too many concessions made to other governments.

Originally Posted by austingtir View Post
With Hillary and Podesta's help he has pretty much destroyed the democratic party. These people are liars and sellouts and the american people could see that.
No doubt the more liberal members of the Democratic Party, including Obama, Clinton, Pelosi, etc. did real and significant damage to their brand that they will have to work hard to overcome. Trump needs (a deliberate word choice.) to do what he can to not make their job easier but that's a point for another conversation.

As for liars and sellouts, those traits are not solely associated with Dems. Remember the old saying about power corrupting and absolute power corrupting absolutely? A healthy dose of skepticism is a good thing to have these days.

Last edited by AMGfaninVA; 07-07-2017 at 09:38 PM.
AMGfaninVA is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2017, 09:06 PM
  #24
MBWorld Fanatic!
Thread Starter
 
AMGfaninVA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 2,039
Thanked 28 Times in 28 Posts
Originally Posted by amdeutsch View Post
And you are ignoring the trickle down effect from the OEM to the subcontrators to the small businesses supporting both. You are also limiting your thinking to airlines and are ignoring general aviation. Once you broaden your outlook you will find the data.
I am/have considered the trickle down effect. Even made mention of it in my last post. And I did look for info from the government and general aviation employers/manufacturing companies. Just don't see anything agreeing with your assertion of 100's of thousands of jobs lost in the aviation industry directly attributed to Obama.
AMGfaninVA is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2017, 09:37 PM
  #25
Super Moderator
 
amdeutsch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: www.Traben-Trarbach.de
Posts: 15,366
Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Originally Posted by AMGfaninVA View Post
I am/have considered the trickle down effect. Even made mention of it in my last post. And I did look for info from the government and general aviation employers/manufacturing companies. Just don't see anything agreeing with your assertion of 100's of thousands of jobs lost in the aviation industry directly attributed to Obama.
Please, you did no such thing. Everything you talked about had airline implications and nothing else. And what about your statement of BO supporting aircraft production in a country known for telephone support and cheap labor instead of advocating it here, where he ruined it and put all those people out of jobs.

You are a BO fanboy because in your eyes he did no wrong and therefore anything that could be attributed as one of his faults is brushed aside by redirection. You are even proud of the fact that he supported manufacturing outside of this country while others with the experience over here are not worthy of being considered.

I'm done because I can now see that in regards to POTUS's discussion you have a definite opinion that there is a hero and then there is the rest.
amdeutsch is offline  
Reply With Quote
 
 
 



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:54 AM.


Copyright 2001-2012 InternetBrands, Inc. / MBWorld.org. All Rights Reserved.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: