fake news, enemy of the people... - MBWorld.org Forums

Go Back  MBWorld.org Forums > General Forums > Off Topic > Political Discussions
fake news, enemy of the people... >

fake news, enemy of the people...

Notices
Political Discussions Use this forum to discuss politics, religion, and other controversial subjects. Respect for your peers is mandatory.

fake news, enemy of the people...

Old 10-11-2018, 01:06 AM
  #1  
MBWorld Fanatic!
Thread Starter
 
PatrixUSA's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: CA
Posts: 1,406
Thanked 48 Times in 45 Posts
2014 E350 W212
fake news, enemy of the people...

fake news, the enemy of the people... it's been validated by research / multiple studies...
Cognitive Ability and Vulnerability to Fake News - Meanwhile, other research is shedding light on the mechanisms underlying the effects of misinformation. Repeating a false claim increases its believability, giving it an air of what Stephen Colbert famously called “truthiness.” Known as the illusion of truth effect, this phenomenon was first demonstrated in the laboratory by Hasher and her colleagues. (their study) results showed that the average truth rating increased from day to day for the repeated statements, but remained constant for the non-repeated statements, indicating that subjects mistook familiarity for verity.
-
More recent research reveals that even knowledge of the truth doesn’t necessarily protect against the illusion of truth. The results (of the 2015 study) revealed that repetition increased the subjects’ perception of the truthfulness of false statements, even for statements they knew to be false. When a claim was made to feel familiar through repetition, subjects neglected to consult their own knowledge base in rating the claim’s truthfulness.
-
At a more general level, this research underscores the threat that fake news poses to democratic society. The aim of using fake news as propaganda is to make people think and behave in ways they wouldn’t otherwise - for example, hold a view that is contradicted by overwhelming scientific consensus. When this nefarious aim is achieved, citizens no longer have the ability to act in their own self-interest. In the logic of democracy, this isn’t just bad for that citizen — it’s bad for society. - scientific america, feb 2018
...can anyone say with a straight face this research doesn't validate that fake news is the enemy of the people?! - bc it does...

find fake news (other than cnn, since there's already a thread for them) - post it up!
PatrixUSA is offline  
Old 10-12-2018, 02:05 AM
  #2  
MBWorld Fanatic!
Thread Starter
 
PatrixUSA's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: CA
Posts: 1,406
Thanked 48 Times in 45 Posts
2014 E350 W212
more evidence supporting the above posted research...

Trump Calls Media The ‘Enemy Of The People.’ Maybe The Saudis Took Him Literally. - huffington post, oct 11, 2018

smacking my head here... so the huffinton post claims... "Jamal Khashoggi’s fate may be tied to the president’s habit of attacking the press, now mimicked by autocrats worldwide." - essentially attempting to blame trump for the as-of-yet presumed ill fate of one washington-based journalist... question for huffpo, what negative event isn't trump's fault nowadays?

as i'm not holding my breath for an answer... let's break down the huffpo's two-sentence headline...
Trump Calls Media The ‘Enemy Of The People.’ - notice the purposely deceptive missing context trump has always ascribed to his declaration... so this first part of the headline, literally, illustrates perfectly one of the mechanisms of misinformation employed by the "fake news" or lying "media"...

Maybe The Saudis Took Him Literally. - maybe the huffington post is purposefully misleading people into thinking things that have nothing to do with trump, are somehow trump's fault... maybe the huffpo had this washington-based journalist kidnapped, raped and killed bc he was competition for them... huh... this scurrilous presumption with no factual basis is kinda fun... #not

so yes huffpo, the lying media, the lying press, and the fake news are enemies of the people... (see research in the above post) - and your headline clearly reinforces not only that assertion... but this one, and this one, and this one too (an article of your very own declaring People Only Read Headlines Anyway) - so you know very well what you're doing - as does the rest of the provably biased lib msm (source, source, source, source) - master manipulators, and as such, enemy of the people.

Last edited by PatrixUSA; 10-12-2018 at 02:16 AM.
PatrixUSA is offline  
Old 10-13-2018, 07:42 PM
  #3  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 1,173
Thanks: 0
Thanked 47 Times in 43 Posts
04 E55 AMG, 14 E350
I really couldnt give a toss about this "journalist".

The saudi's are probably bigger scumbags than the turks BUT this prince they have in their now imo is the "good" prince or as good as they will get. The ones he ousted that controlled the likes of twitter and co were a bad bunch that were overtly trying to destroy america and probably still are....

#1 he's turkish.
#2 he works for the washington post.

Absolutely zero ****s given here.

Trump should send a few of the top dogs in your fake news MSM over there and I bet that lot would change their tune real quick if they saw what might happen to them if they keep up with the bull****.
austingtir is offline  
Old 10-15-2018, 08:37 PM
  #4  
MBWorld Fanatic!
Thread Starter
 
PatrixUSA's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: CA
Posts: 1,406
Thanked 48 Times in 45 Posts
2014 E350 W212
Originally Posted by austingtir View Post
I really couldnt give a toss about this "journalist".
not about the journalist... while i don't think governments should be offing journalists in any sort, the post was about calling out fake news, specific to the fake news being reported by the huff post via their misleading headline.
PatrixUSA is offline  
Old 10-16-2018, 08:22 PM
  #5  
Member
 
rustybear3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Location: Greater Cleveland area
Posts: 103
Thanked 10 Times in 9 Posts
Dune Silver Metallic E-450 Mercedes Cabriolet
The only FAKE news is Faux News, which is nothing but an entertainment propaganda machine, that even Fox execs admit it's not to be taken as a serious"news" source....they even add ‘For Entertainment Purposes Only' Disclaimer at the end of their shows.

Hell, they don't even consider basic cable news channels — CNN and MSNBC — to be Fox's competitors. Instead it's TNT and USA and ESPN....non news & entertainment sources.

The enemy of the people? That would be Trump and his sycophant disciples. Typical attacking of the free press....a tactic utilized by Hitler, Commies, and Fascists....and of course the Despot Drumpf! Who by the way, continued putting together his compilation of my “Greatest Hits” against women in tweets today, referring to two women as "Horseface" & "Pochahontas"....as his stripper & soft **** wife is offended by a video portraying her...get this...as a STRIPPER! Every single day this corrupt regime never fails to disappoint, as the "Great Swamp" in the WH continues to swirl and swirl in the cesspool that once was a proud government.

Again, you deplorable conservaturds applauding the execution of a journalist into mincemeat is the most telling part of this disgusting thread. All dogs have they day, and the worm will turn for you cowards! #bluewave2018 baby!
rustybear3 is offline  
Old 10-16-2018, 08:32 PM
  #6  
MBWorld Fanatic!
Thread Starter
 
PatrixUSA's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: CA
Posts: 1,406
Thanked 48 Times in 45 Posts
2014 E350 W212
rusty... welcome back, and again, welcome to the political sub-forum of mb world - it seems you cannot seem to resist the urge to scratch in the political sub-forum... kind of addictive huh? i've posted it before, but the more you itch, the more it'll scratch ;-)
Originally Posted by rustybear3 View Post
The only FAKE news is Faux News, which is nothing but an entertainment propaganda machine, that even Fox execs admit it's not to be taken as a serious"news" source....they even add ‘For Entertainment Purposes Only' Disclaimer at the end of their shows.
please source... thx.
Originally Posted by rustybear3 View Post
Hell, they don't even consider basic cable news channels — CNN and MSNBC — to be Fox's competitors. Instead it's TNT and USA and ESPN....non news & entertainment sources.
again, please source... thx.
Originally Posted by rustybear3 View Post
The enemy of the people? That would be Trump and his sycophant disciples. Typical attacking of the free press....a tactic utilized by Hitler, Commies, and Fascists....and of course the Despot Drumpf! Who by the way, continued putting together his compilation of my “Greatest Hits” against women in tweets today, referring to two women as "Horseface" & "Pochahontas"....as his stripper & soft **** wife is offended by a video portraying her...get this...as a STRIPPER! Every single day this corrupt regime never fails to disappoint, as the "Great Swamp" in the WH continues to swirl and swirl in the cesspool that once was a proud government.
your opinion, extremist imo as it may be (comparo to hitler? really), you're entitled to it...
Originally Posted by rustybear3 View Post
Again, you deplorable conservaturds applauding the execution of a journalist into mincemeat is the most telling part of this disgusting thread. All dogs have they day, and the worm will turn for you cowards! #bluewave2018 baby!
...lots of name-calling and posturing, but again, please source where a post applauded the execution of said journalist... thx.
PatrixUSA is offline  
Old 10-17-2018, 11:17 AM
  #7  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Charlotte NC area
Posts: 9,509
Thanked 89 Times in 82 Posts
2007 W211 E350 4Matic / 2008 X164 GL320 CDI
Originally Posted by rustybear3 View Post
The only FAKE news is Faux News, which is nothing but an entertainment propaganda machine, that even Fox execs admit it's not to be taken as a serious"news" source....they even add ‘For Entertainment Purposes Only' Disclaimer at the end of their shows.

Hell, they don't even consider basic cable news channels — CNN and MSNBC — to be Fox's competitors. Instead it's TNT and USA and ESPN....non news & entertainment sources.

The enemy of the people? That would be Trump and his sycophant disciples. Typical attacking of the free press....a tactic utilized by Hitler, Commies, and Fascists....and of course the Despot Drumpf! Who by the way, continued putting together his compilation of my “Greatest Hits” against women in tweets today, referring to two women as "Horseface" & "Pochahontas"....as his stripper & soft **** wife is offended by a video portraying her...get this...as a STRIPPER! Every single day this corrupt regime never fails to disappoint, as the "Great Swamp" in the WH continues to swirl and swirl in the cesspool that once was a proud government.

Again, you deplorable conservaturds applauding the execution of a journalist into mincemeat is the most telling part of this disgusting thread. All dogs have they day, and the worm will turn for you cowards! #bluewave2018 baby!
Really? You are simply drowning in Kool-Aid?

Try sitting back and posting a logical argument instead of just regurgitating your party line.
N_Jay is offline  
Old 10-17-2018, 12:10 PM
  #8  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
Das Geld 2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 3,017
Thanked 42 Times in 40 Posts
SL55, S500
Originally Posted by rustybear3 View Post
The only FAKE news is Faux News, which is nothing but an entertainment propaganda machine, that even Fox execs admit it's not to be taken as a serious"news" source....they even add ‘For Entertainment Purposes Only' Disclaimer at the end of their shows.

Hell, they don't even consider basic cable news channels — CNN and MSNBC — to be Fox's competitors. Instead it's TNT and USA and ESPN....non news & entertainment sources.

The enemy of the people? That would be Trump and his sycophant disciples. Typical attacking of the free press....a tactic utilized by Hitler, Commies, and Fascists....and of course the Despot Drumpf! Who by the way, continued putting together his compilation of my “Greatest Hits” against women in tweets today, referring to two women as "Horseface" & "Pochahontas"....as his stripper & soft **** wife is offended by a video portraying her...get this...as a STRIPPER! Every single day this corrupt regime never fails to disappoint, as the "Great Swamp" in the WH continues to swirl and swirl in the cesspool that once was a proud government.

Again, you deplorable conservaturds applauding the execution of a journalist into mincemeat is the most telling part of this disgusting thread. All dogs have they day, and the worm will turn for you cowards! #bluewave2018 baby!
It's funny actually that was Don Retards selling point yesterday I tried to watch that drivel as he mislead the american people with his incorrect opinions and falsehoods and misquoted Trump in front of Bernie and then when on to ramble for hours saying that TRUMP said THEY ARE INNOCENT. He was trying so hard to channel peoples hate.

Stromy Daniels is a HORSEFACE after what she did, He shou;dnt be so kind. An Attack on a woman is not an attack on Women. Again CNN go suck dck.

Meanwhile one channel up is FOX there were giving trumps full quotes and having an actual debate.

CNN is pure trash and so are it's hosts and commentators. All they do is mispread facts and try to create divides and hate. ****ing trash!

Sorry, it's another landslide CNN communist ideology represent like a tiny fraction of what people think..The rally's have up to 100k applicants in each city...only room for a few k

It seems to be working, you hate Trump based on words and not actions or his results as president.

You're like one of those loonies who would put more emphasis about global warming instead of the murder next door and his community.

Last edited by Das Geld 2; 10-17-2018 at 12:14 PM.
Das Geld 2 is online now  
Old 10-17-2018, 12:47 PM
  #9  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Charlotte NC area
Posts: 9,509
Thanked 89 Times in 82 Posts
2007 W211 E350 4Matic / 2008 X164 GL320 CDI
I get a bit annoyed at FNC because they go to hard right on there commentary, and occasionally it bleads over into their news.
So, I switch to CNN and others and am immediately disgusted by the absolute bias in every aspect.
In other words (to paraphrase Trump) both sides are bad!*

There simply are ZERO decent news sources these days!

* "both sides are bad" does not infer or imply that both sides are equally bad, or even equivalently bad, or even close to the same level of 'bad' or 'un-bad'-ness
N_Jay is offline  
Old 10-17-2018, 01:26 PM
  #10  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: NY
Posts: 4,438
Thanked 424 Times in 284 Posts
E63S | X5
Originally Posted by rustybear3 View Post
The only FAKE news is Faux News, which is nothing but an entertainment propaganda machine, that even Fox execs admit it's not to be taken as a serious"news" source....they even add ‘For Entertainment Purposes Only' Disclaimer at the end of their shows.

Hell, they don't even consider basic cable news channels — CNN and MSNBC — to be Fox's competitors. Instead it's TNT and USA and ESPN....non news & entertainment sources.

The enemy of the people? That would be Trump and his sycophant disciples. Typical attacking of the free press....a tactic utilized by Hitler, Commies, and Fascists....and of course the Despot Drumpf! Who by the way, continued putting together his compilation of my “Greatest Hits” against women in tweets today, referring to two women as "Horseface" & "Pochahontas"....as his stripper & soft **** wife is offended by a video portraying her...get this...as a STRIPPER! Every single day this corrupt regime never fails to disappoint, as the "Great Swamp" in the WH continues to swirl and swirl in the cesspool that once was a proud government.

Again, you deplorable conservaturds applauding the execution of a journalist into mincemeat is the most telling part of this disgusting thread. All dogs have they day, and the worm will turn for you cowards! #bluewave2018 baby!
Because of the 1st Amendment there really is no such thing as making a distinction between a "news" channel and an "entertainment" channel. The fact of the matter is they are all propaganda machines that cater to certain audiences and each hold a bias. It's clear which way you lean... I'd like to see where you think TNT, USA, and ESPN are the competitors to Fox though. Here, I even did some light research for you because it's clear you didn't do anything other than spew your venom as you're a worthless shill that regurgitates CNN drivel:

https://dailycaller.com/2018/05/30/f...n-may-ratings/
"Fox continues to destroy cable news competitors CNN and MSNBC, delivering nearly triple the primetime viewership of CNN."
A big part of the reason Fox has triple the CNN viewership is because CNN's credibility has been trending in the opposite direction of the stock market.

Go ahead, go on a Google journey and try to find something that says USA, TNT, and ESPN are direct competitors of Fox and not CNN / MSNBC. Because you try to be witty (and fail hilariously) let me just say that you can go real broad and say any channel is a competitor of any other channel. After all, they're all in the same business. So again, emphasis on direct competitor.

The reason I say you think you're witty is that snip about them even saying they are "entertainment." The reason that is the case, and seen in the credits, is because Fox News is owned by Fox Entertainment Group, a subsidiary of 21st Century Fox. So... yeah.

Trump isn't attacking the free press. He is holding them accountable and calling them out. Speaking of Hitler, though, didn't he remove parts of German history such as statues during his rise? I forget, which side of the political spectrum was doing that here? Antifa who?

Stormy Daniels is a horseface that violated a court agreement. And Pocahontas* went on and on about how she is Native American and even CNN is calling that entire saga a mistake because Elizabeth Warren has nothing to do with being Native American and has zero understanding of that culture (such as being tribal and how becoming part of a tribe has to do so much more than just your DNA makeup) Fun fact, however, Warren's closer ancestor Jonathan Crawford of the Tennessee militia actually rounded up Cherokees off the Trail of Tears as well as stripped them from their homes. So.... whoops?

As for the journalist, who exactly is applauding that? Because Trump is the one who initially came down on the Saudi's for it. He didn't exactly say job well done... So..... wut?

I wouldn't even mind if Democrats ended up having things go their way in the midterms. Because I know that means the real chitbags are then going to go out and get in the faces of Republicans with their "haha" bs but Trump will still be president and I would really, really like to start cracking some jaws at this point. On the other hand, I enjoy watching the meltdowns you guys are having. Really it's a win-win from my perspective.
CarHopper is online now  
Old 10-17-2018, 04:08 PM
  #11  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
Das Geld 2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 3,017
Thanked 42 Times in 40 Posts
SL55, S500
Originally Posted by CarHopper View Post
Because of the 1st Amendment there really is no such thing as making a distinction between a "news" channel and an "entertainment" channel. The fact of the matter is they are all propaganda machines that cater to certain audiences and each hold a bias. It's clear which way you lean... I'd like to see where you think TNT, USA, and ESPN are the competitors to Fox though. Here, I even did some light research for you because it's clear you didn't do anything other than spew your venom as you're a worthless shill that regurgitates CNN drivel:

https://dailycaller.com/2018/05/30/f...n-may-ratings/
"Fox continues to destroy cable news competitors CNN and MSNBC, delivering nearly triple the primetime viewership of CNN."
A big part of the reason Fox has triple the CNN viewership is because CNN's credibility has been trending in the opposite direction of the stock market.

Go ahead, go on a Google journey and try to find something that says USA, TNT, and ESPN are direct competitors of Fox and not CNN / MSNBC. Because you try to be witty (and fail hilariously) let me just say that you can go real broad and say any channel is a competitor of any other channel. After all, they're all in the same business. So again, emphasis on direct competitor.

The reason I say you think you're witty is that snip about them even saying they are "entertainment." The reason that is the case, and seen in the credits, is because Fox News is owned by Fox Entertainment Group, a subsidiary of 21st Century Fox. So... yeah.

Trump isn't attacking the free press. He is holding them accountable and calling them out. Speaking of Hitler, though, didn't he remove parts of German history such as statues during his rise? I forget, which side of the political spectrum was doing that here? Antifa who?

Stormy Daniels is a horseface that violated a court agreement. And Pocahontas* went on and on about how she is Native American and even CNN is calling that entire saga a mistake because Elizabeth Warren has nothing to do with being Native American and has zero understanding of that culture (such as being tribal and how becoming part of a tribe has to do so much more than just your DNA makeup) Fun fact, however, Warren's closer ancestor Jonathan Crawford of the Tennessee militia actually rounded up Cherokees off the Trail of Tears as well as stripped them from their homes. So.... whoops?

As for the journalist, who exactly is applauding that? Because Trump is the one who initially came down on the Saudi's for it. He didn't exactly say job well done... So..... wut?

I wouldn't even mind if Democrats ended up having things go their way in the midterms. Because I know that means the real chitbags are then going to go out and get in the faces of Republicans with their "haha" bs but Trump will still be president and I would really, really like to start cracking some jaws at this point. On the other hand, I enjoy watching the meltdowns you guys are having. Really it's a win-win from my perspective.

According to CNN:

https://www.cnn.com/2018/10/17/polit...nse/index.html

Trump and Pompeo defend Saudi Arabia


So the typical liberal dumbass is like oh TRUMP is bad because of this..

While like you said he's the one who came down HARD on them!!!

Fake News 101


Das Geld 2 is online now  
Old 10-17-2018, 04:44 PM
  #12  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: NY
Posts: 4,438
Thanked 424 Times in 284 Posts
E63S | X5
Rusty loves talking about markets and his deep understanding of them. Maybe he can explain why the Saudi market plummeted after the story about the journalist became world news.

Probably just a coincidence, right?
CarHopper is online now  
Old 10-17-2018, 04:52 PM
  #13  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Charlotte NC area
Posts: 9,509
Thanked 89 Times in 82 Posts
2007 W211 E350 4Matic / 2008 X164 GL320 CDI
Almost jumped into my TV to rip a "New Anchor" a new rectum!

Over and Over repletion on how bad it was the Trump was threating to withhold aid to Honduras, and how much worse it would be if aid was held back, and how holding back aid would only make the problem worse by encouraging more people to leave for the US. Yada Yada Yada!

Well F-U Mr. Know Nothing talking head.

He isn't holding it back to make things worse, he is encouraging them to stay there and get the aid to make things better!

You F-ing morons are so focused on your Trump Hatred, you can't find your ******* with both hands!
N_Jay is offline  
Old 10-17-2018, 07:55 PM
  #14  
MBWorld Fanatic!
Thread Starter
 
PatrixUSA's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: CA
Posts: 1,406
Thanked 48 Times in 45 Posts
2014 E350 W212
Originally Posted by Das Geld 2 View Post
According to CNN: Trump and Pompeo defend Saudi Arabia ... Fake News 101
in the provably biased lib msm (source, source, source, source) and extremist partisan mind, asking for evidence of something (being an honest doubter) has now become the same as defending, accepting and in fact encouraging that same something... be it sexual assault, rape or murder... #smh

remember, an honest doubter doesn't know but wants to know, and therefore seeks an honest investigation, whereas, a dishonest doubter, or someone with ulterior motives, doesn't know bc they don't need to know, or want to know - bc they only look to further validate their own narrative instead of the true narrative, and further more, look to perpetuate that given narrative to others... truth be damned... spin, spin, spin, candidate over candor, cantankerousness over civility, a win at all costs approach. #scary
PatrixUSA is offline  
Old 10-18-2018, 12:44 AM
  #15  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
Das Geld 2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 3,017
Thanked 42 Times in 40 Posts
SL55, S500

Shoot to Kill
Das Geld 2 is online now  
Old 10-18-2018, 07:50 PM
  #16  
Member
 
rustybear3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Location: Greater Cleveland area
Posts: 103
Thanked 10 Times in 9 Posts
Dune Silver Metallic E-450 Mercedes Cabriolet
Originally Posted by CarHopper View Post
Rusty loves talking about markets and his deep understanding of them. Maybe he can explain why the Saudi market plummeted after the story about the journalist became world news.
Probably just a coincidence, right?
​​​​​​I was pretty darn accurate, wasn’t I. I told you they market is in for a dive, and that the smart money (including myself) would be out of it.

It’s lost over 1500 points, and trust me, it’s only the beginning.

Worries about the U.S.-China trade war, rising interest rates and lingering worries about possible overvalued U.S. tech stocks heads the list of investor concerns.

Stocks also fell as Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin pulled out of a Saudi Arabia investment conference as traders worried a large global investor in the kingdom is coming under greater scrutiny. That's why the Saudi market took a hit.

"Mr. Market is speaking loud and clear on China. The country is losing and needs to cry uncle," Nick Raich, CEO of The Earnings Scout, said in a note to clients."Chinese stocks are now at a four year low as rising U.S. interest rates and the likelihood of less favorable trade deals is going to adversely impact Chinese companies profits next year and its market price is re-setting lower to reflect that," Raich said.
This drop in Chinese stocks increased fears that China's economy, the world''s second largest, could be slowing down, dragging down global growth. These worries increased Thursday after European Central Bank President Mario Draghi said one of the risks for the economy was countries trying to circumvent EU budget rules.

Just wait until Trump messes with the EU tariffs! Kiss getting those Mercedes (unless you're foolish to pay 30% tariffs) good bye!

As the U.S. and China engage in protectionist trade policies, slapping tariffs on billions of dollars worth of each other's goods, a recession won’t soon be behind. But go ahead…continue to ignore & keep those rose colored glasses on.

Last edited by rustybear3; 10-18-2018 at 08:03 PM.
rustybear3 is offline  
Old 10-18-2018, 07:59 PM
  #17  
Member
 
rustybear3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Location: Greater Cleveland area
Posts: 103
Thanked 10 Times in 9 Posts
Dune Silver Metallic E-450 Mercedes Cabriolet
By the way, the only intelligent responder on these threads is PatrixUSA, (though I disagree with his assessments) while the rest of you, simple express wild eyed conservative rhetoric and foul laced epithets typical of Trumpsters.

I must admit, it's funny to see some of you so out of control, as you write your mish mash of disconnected diatribes.

I know when I post, it's like feeding meat to a wild pack of wolves since you're all apparently single minded, so I'll keep these posts to a bare minimum...and yes, I broke my rule of posting again, but as PatrixUSA pointed out....sometimes it's just fun to poke the bear with a stick. Hence, my moniker...lol.

Last edited by rustybear3; 10-18-2018 at 08:04 PM.
rustybear3 is offline  
Old 10-18-2018, 08:07 PM
  #18  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
Red Marko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Poconos, Pennsylvania
Posts: 2,814
Thanked 39 Times in 37 Posts
2008 CL600 designo Mocha Black/Cognc Blck. Scratch that, I'm still driving and that's an achievement
Originally Posted by rustybear3 View Post
​​​​​​I was pretty darn accurate, wasn’t I. I told you they market is in for a dive, and that the smart money (including myself) would be out of it.

It’s lost over 1500 points, and trust me, it’s only the beginning.

Worries about the U.S.-China trade war, rising interest rates and lingering worries about possible overvalued U.S. tech stocks heads the list of investor concerns.

Stocks also fell as Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin pulled out of a Saudi Arabia investment conference as traders worried a large global investor in the kingdom is coming under greater scrutiny. That's why the Saudi market took a hit.

"Mr. Market is speaking loud and clear on China. The country is losing and needs to cry uncle," Nick Raich, CEO of The Earnings Scout, said in a note to clients."Chinese stocks are now at a four year low as rising U.S. interest rates and the likelihood of less favorable trade deals is going to adversely impact Chinese companies profits next year and its market price is re-setting lower to reflect that," Raich said.
This drop in Chinese stocks increased fears that China's economy, the world''s second largest, could be slowing down, dragging down global growth. These worries increased Thursday after European Central Bank President Mario Draghi said one of the risks for the economy was countries trying to circumvent EU budget rules.

Just wait until Trump messes with the EU tariffs! Kiss getting those Mercedes (unless you're foolish to pay 30% tariffs) good bye!

As the U.S. and China engage in protectionist trade policies, slapping tariffs on billions of dollars worth of each other's goods, a recession won’t soon be behind. But go ahead…continue to ignore & keep those rose colored glasses on.

Not to change a subject on your elaborate analysis, but did you know that, in Africa, half of negroes beat the crap out of another half?
Red Marko is offline  
Old 10-18-2018, 08:55 PM
  #19  
MBWorld Fanatic!
Thread Starter
 
PatrixUSA's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: CA
Posts: 1,406
Thanked 48 Times in 45 Posts
2014 E350 W212
Originally Posted by rustybear3 View Post
By the way, the only intelligent responder on these threads is PatrixUSA...
#blushing
Originally Posted by rustybear3 View Post
(though I disagree with his assessments)
#care.to.elaborate?... or like lanny davis, relying more on instinct than actual evidence (source)
Originally Posted by rustybear3 View Post
...while the rest of you, simple express wild eyed conservative rhetoric and foul laced epithets typical of Trumpsters.
hmm... seems hypocritical... coming from someone relatively new to the political sub-forum who's already posted wildly liberal rhetoric heavily laced with derisive name-calling and disparagement...
ex.
your words from this thread alone...
"sycophant disciples...you deplorable conservaturds...you cowards!..."
and from your posts in the positive things happening for the nation thread...
"brainiac...crazy fellow conservaturds...Well stupido...you Cons..."
Originally Posted by rustybear3 View Post
...but as PatrixUSA pointed out....sometimes it's just fun to poke the bear with a stick. Hence, my moniker...lol.
pls refresh my memory and point out where i posted it's fun to poke a bear with a stick, as my memory fails me, thx.
PatrixUSA is offline  
Old 10-18-2018, 09:08 PM
  #20  
MBWorld Fanatic!
Thread Starter
 
PatrixUSA's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: CA
Posts: 1,406
Thanked 48 Times in 45 Posts
2014 E350 W212
oh, and also feel free to source the assertions you made earlier in the thread...v v - just so i can convince myself you're not just making stuff up...
Originally Posted by rustybear3 View Post
The only FAKE news is Faux News, which is nothing but an entertainment propaganda machine, that even Fox execs admit it's not to be taken as a serious"news" source....
Hell, they don't even consider basic cable news channels — CNN and MSNBC — to be Fox's competitors.
Again, you deplorable conservaturds applauding the execution of a journalist into mincemeat is the most telling part of this disgusting thread.
so... please source where fox execs. admitted fox is not to be taken as a serious news source... and please source who "they" are and source where "they" don't consider fox to be a competitor of cnn or msnbc... and finally, please quote where a post applauded the execution of said journalist... thx - else just making stuff up, and consequently, the very subject of the thread topic. ¯\_( " )_/¯

Last edited by PatrixUSA; 10-18-2018 at 09:10 PM.
PatrixUSA is offline  
Old 10-19-2018, 04:06 AM
  #21  
Member
 
rustybear3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Location: Greater Cleveland area
Posts: 103
Thanked 10 Times in 9 Posts
Dune Silver Metallic E-450 Mercedes Cabriolet
Originally Posted by PatrixUSA View Post
oh, and also feel free to source the assertions you made earlier in the thread...v v - just so i can convince myself you're not just making stuff up...

so... please source where fox execs. admitted fox is not to be taken as a serious news source... and please source who "they" are and source where "they" don't consider fox to be a competitor of cnn or msnbc... and finally, please quote where a post applauded the execution of said journalist... thx - else just making stuff up, and consequently, the very subject of the thread topic. ¯\_( " )_/¯
Fox News is not real news. It never has been. That was not their mission, at the time of their creation. It is not their mission, now. It is a propaganda tool, existing in the form of “entertainment.”

​​​​​​In a 2015 profile in the Hollywood Reporter the late former CEO of Fox, Roger Ailes, made it clear what field of broadcasting he was interested in playing on. He told the trade mag that CNN and MSNBC were not on his radar: ‘We’re competing with TNT and USA and ESPN,’ he says.

Not only that, The Network's own ads label it as a form of entertainment, rather than news. It is a cable provider, and as such, does not come under the rules of the FCC or standards reserved for other legitimate news sources such as CBS, NBC, or ABC.

"So the boss admits that channels that are plainly entertainment and sports are his competition, not other news outlets. There's a good reason for this. Entertainment routinely trounces news in the ratings. By dressing up the more staid genre of journalism as a sexier breed of programming, Fox hopes to attract larger, more loyal audiences."

Another Fox source confirmed this tactic, ironically in the form of criticism of rival news networks. On Bill O'Reilly's show, former CBS reporter Bernie Goldberg sought to explain why CNN and MSNBC were losing to Fox. His reasoning was that "Liberal news media violate the cardinal rule of all media. They’re not entertaining." His point being that Fox had solved that "problem" by abandoning journalistic ethics and playing to their audience's emotions.

Now, with Fox's own promotions of a new primetime show, they have finally abandoned any pretense of being a news operation. If a network characterizes itself as entertainment, you might as well take their word for it. Wouldn't they know? And in the Era of Trump a network populated by faux journalists fits neatly into the latest media trend: Fake News.
ttps://www.dailykos.com/stories/2017/1/14/1620475/-Fox-News-Is-NOT-News-Network-s-Own-Ads-Label-Its-Programming-As-Entertainment

They can say or broadcast anything, without having to be bound by telling the truth or even being factual.

Originally Posted by PatrixUSA View Post
please source where a post applauded the execution of said journalist... thx.
​​​​​​
Originally Posted by austingtir View Post
I really couldnt give a toss about this "journalist".

The saudi's are probably bigger scumbags than the turks BUT this prince they have in their now imo is the "good" prince or as good as they will get. The ones he ousted that controlled the likes of twitter and co were a bad bunch that were overtly trying to destroy america and probably still are....

#1 he's turkish.
#2 he works for the washington post.

Absolutely zero ****s given here.

and Oh, please...tell me your fellow posters aren't racist either....This, the only response to my assessment of the stock market stock market and why they are falling......what a gem....I'd love to hear that defense.

Originally Posted by Red Marko View Post
Not to change a subject on your elaborate analysis, but did you know that, in Africa, half of negroes beat the crap out of another half?

Last edited by rustybear3; 10-19-2018 at 04:12 AM.
rustybear3 is offline  
Old 10-19-2018, 06:36 AM
  #22  
Member
 
MarcusDubya77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: Schonaich, Germany
Posts: 80
Thanked 9 Times in 9 Posts
2019 C43 AMG
FYI... Referencing Daily Kos while trying to call Fox News fake is a really bad idea....
MarcusDubya77 is offline  
Old 10-19-2018, 07:15 AM
  #23  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 1,173
Thanks: 0
Thanked 47 Times in 43 Posts
04 E55 AMG, 14 E350
Rustybear seeing as you've clearly got your head so far stuck up your *** you cant possibly comprehend that the MSM is lying their *** off to you about the Saudi "journalist" I'll provide you with some evidence to look over:

You dont get chopped into little pieces because you didnt do nuthin.... This guy was playing the game and choose to play with the wrong prince. (he was formerly backing the one that funded Obama's harvard education, owns the top floors of the mandalay bay hotel and part owned TWITTER!!!) I have already connected the dots on all those events on here!!




Khashoggi was a slimebag and was embarrassing the new Saudi government with his legendary arms dealing while plotting to run a coup against the new young king. Brennan and Obomba will only stop meddling in the Saudi space when they are executed for their treasonous excesses. The FAKE NEWS MSM portrays Khashoggi as Tweety, the sweet innocent canary pounced on by the evil tiger king. Bah ha, Khashoggi should have been thrown off a building in downtown Riyadh at high noon. Some of his security staff probably unbeknownst to the king decided that the coup crap had gone far enough and took unsanctioned action in accordance with their code to protect the king. Another rat bites the dust.

And not a single **** was given by me!

Have a look through webbs stuff guys he is so far ahead of EVERYONE its crazy!

Last edited by austingtir; 10-19-2018 at 07:24 AM.
austingtir is offline  
Old 10-19-2018, 10:36 AM
  #24  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Charlotte NC area
Posts: 9,509
Thanked 89 Times in 82 Posts
2007 W211 E350 4Matic / 2008 X164 GL320 CDI
Originally Posted by rustybear3 View Post
Fox News is not real news. It never has been. That was not their mission, at the time of their creation. It is not their mission, now. It is a propaganda tool, existing in the form of “entertainment.”
In case you don’t know it, your opinion is not a “source” of facts.
Originally Posted by rustybear3 View Post
In a 2015 profile in the Hollywood Reporter the late former CEO of Fox, Roger Ailes, made it clear what field of broadcasting he was interested in playing on. He told the trade mag that CNN and MSNBC were not on his radar: ‘We’re competing with TNT and USA and ESPN,’ he says.
You do know (or maybe you don’t) that he was building a network of stations, not a single channel. If you believe I am wrong, please provide a source.

Originally Posted by rustybear3 View Post
Not only that, The Network's own ads label it as a form of entertainment, rather than news. It is a cable provider, and as such, does not come under the rules of the FCC or standards reserved for other legitimate news sources such as CBS, NBC, or ABC.
Notice how your (lying) source does not mention MSNBC, CNN, BBC, etc.They are using the difference between “cable providers” and “air-broadcast providers” to confuse you about the difference between “news” and “entertainment”. Your point is simply incorrect and based on a false premise.

If you believe I am wrong, please provide a source.

Originally Posted by rustybear3 View Post
"So the boss admits that channels that are plainly entertainment and sports are his competition, not other news outlets. There's a good reason for this. Entertainment routinely trounces news in the ratings. By dressing up the more staid genre of journalism as a sexier breed of programming, Fox hopes to attract larger, more loyal audiences."
Your unattributed quote simply summarizes the incorrect assertions above.This is a good indication that you are simply copying from another source without understanding (or attribution).
Originally Posted by rustybear3 View Post
Another Fox source confirmed this tactic, ironically in the form of criticism of rival news networks. On Bill O'Reilly's show, former CBS reporter Bernie Goldberg sought to explain why CNN and MSNBC were losing to Fox. His reasoning was that "Liberal news media violate the cardinal rule of all media. They’re not entertaining." His point being that Fox had solved that "problem" by abandoning journalistic ethics and playing to their audience's emotions.
Unless you asked B. Goldberg what he meant, you are simply applying your (err, I mean the original writers) opinion to his comment.Once again, all indications are you copied without any real understanding.
Originally Posted by rustybear3 View Post
Now, with Fox's own promotions of a new primetime show, they have finally abandoned any pretense of being a news operation. If a network characterizes itself as entertainment, you might as well take their word for it. Wouldn't they know? And in the Era of Trump a network populated by faux journalists fits neatly into the latest media trend: Fake News.
And at the end of the day, you use a commentary program, not a news program as your proof.You truly are as stupid as the worst of the left leaning rags. Maybe even stupider for copying this crap without a single original thought or ounce of research.

OK< here comes the in-depth analysis:
Originally Posted by rustybear3 View Post
They can say or broadcast anything, without having to be bound by telling the truth or even being factual.
True within limits and false overall, but no different that any broadcaster.
Originally Posted by rustybear3 View Post
and Oh, please...tell me your fellow posters aren't racist either
You really do have your head up the *** of the left. You would not recognize an original though if you accidentally had one!
Originally Posted by rustybear3 View Post
....This, the only response to my assessment of the stock market stock market and why they are falling......what a gem....I'd love to hear that defense.
Time to check your meds! You have left the realm of rational thought.
N_Jay is offline  
Old 10-19-2018, 12:29 PM
  #25  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
Das Geld 2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 3,017
Thanked 42 Times in 40 Posts
SL55, S500
Originally Posted by rustybear3 View Post
​​​​​​I was pretty darn accurate, wasn’t I. I told you they market is in for a dive, and that the smart money (including myself) would be out of it.

It’s lost over 1500 points, and trust me, it’s only the beginning.

Worries about the U.S.-China trade war, rising interest rates and lingering worries about possible overvalued U.S. tech stocks heads the list of investor concerns.

Stocks also fell as Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin pulled out of a Saudi Arabia investment conference as traders worried a large global investor in the kingdom is coming under greater scrutiny. That's why the Saudi market took a hit.

"Mr. Market is speaking loud and clear on China. The country is losing and needs to cry uncle," Nick Raich, CEO of The Earnings Scout, said in a note to clients."Chinese stocks are now at a four year low as rising U.S. interest rates and the likelihood of less favorable trade deals is going to adversely impact Chinese companies profits next year and its market price is re-setting lower to reflect that," Raich said.
This drop in Chinese stocks increased fears that China's economy, the world''s second largest, could be slowing down, dragging down global growth. These worries increased Thursday after European Central Bank President Mario Draghi said one of the risks for the economy was countries trying to circumvent EU budget rules.

Just wait until Trump messes with the EU tariffs! Kiss getting those Mercedes (unless you're foolish to pay 30% tariffs) good bye!

As the U.S. and China engage in protectionist trade policies, slapping tariffs on billions of dollars worth of each other's goods, a recession won’t soon be behind. But go ahead…continue to ignore & keep those rose colored glasses on.
Stopped reading after you mentioned the fed.

They raise interest rates because the economy is strong and expected to become stronger.
Das Geld 2 is online now  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: fake news, enemy of the people...


Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: