Crowdfunding the "People's Wall" - Page 7 - MBWorld.org Forums

Go Back  MBWorld.org Forums > General Forums > Off Topic > Political Discussions
Crowdfunding the "People's Wall" >

Crowdfunding the "People's Wall"

Notices
Political Discussions Use this forum to discuss politics, religion, and other controversial subjects. Respect for your peers is mandatory.

Crowdfunding the "People's Wall"

Old 01-10-2019, 01:28 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

SL55, S500
Loser democrats are keeping AMERICA hostage.

Give the 5.7B for border security and GTFO..you got a great deal
Old 01-10-2019, 02:48 AM

2019 C43 AMG
The U.S. could be so great if there was, at least, a balance in coverage by the media. The sheep population follow what ever is told to them, regardless. At least, if the sheep were equal in number..... Congress would have to get their **** together, and elections would go a lot differently. IMHO.
Old 01-10-2019, 11:54 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

SL55, S500
Originally Posted by MarcusDubya77 View Post
The U.S. could be so great if there was, at least, a balance in coverage by the media. The sheep population follow what ever is told to them, regardless. At least, if the sheep were equal in number..... Congress would have to get their **** together, and elections would go a lot differently. IMHO.
The left platform is built on lies
Old 01-10-2019, 02:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2014 E350 W212
more transient subsection msn.com polls on immigration crisis and the shutdown... people's views changing regarding the crisis, the shutdown and the resistance?

source
Old 01-10-2019, 03:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2007 W211 E350 4Matic / 2008 X164 GL320 CDI
Originally Posted by PatrixUSA View Post
more transient subsection msn.com polls on immigration crisis and the shutdown... people's views changing regarding the crisis, the shutdown and the resistance?

source
Looking better!
Old 01-11-2019, 10:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2014 E350 W212
Originally Posted by N_Jay View Post
Looking better!
views on border security yes / maybe - this gofundme cause, not so much, looking done now - or transitioning into something else... \_( )_/

GoFundMe "Trump Wall" campaign to refund all donors after falling short of $1 billion goal - cbs news, jan 11, 2019

...still, $20M+ in 27 days ain't bad... almost $750K a day...
Old 01-12-2019, 03:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Protecting the Earth from the Scum of the Universe
Originally Posted by PatrixUSA View Post
views on border security yes / maybe - this gofundme cause, not so much, looking done now - or transitioning into something else... \_( )_/

GoFundMe "Trump Wall" campaign to refund all donors after falling short of $1 billion goal - cbs news, jan 11, 2019

...still, $20M+ in 27 days ain't bad... almost $750K a day...
Like some other member mentioned before, the money is not important, as much, as the will of the people.
Mind you, this is not some silly NBC poll, people voted with their pockets. And they didn't have to do it.
Old 01-12-2019, 05:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Now, this funny and true.

CONGRESSIONAL-SENATE DEMOCRATS, TEAR DOWN YOUR DOORS!

https://assets.change.org/photos/4/o...jpg?1547051794

https://www.change.org/p/democratic-...own-your-doors
Old 01-12-2019, 05:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E63S | X5
At least people will get their refunds: https://www.cnn.com/2019/01/12/us/bo...und/index.html

Like I said, dumb. People want the wall... Trump is president after all. But this was dumb.
Old 01-12-2019, 06:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by CarHopper View Post
Like I said, dumb. People want the wall...
And dumber people don't!
Old 01-14-2019, 11:10 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Coming up on $20.5M, despite the media's attempts to defeat the effort!
Old 01-15-2019, 12:43 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E63S | X5
I still think the most accurate thing said in this entire thread was that the wall must fail because if it doesn't then Trump succeeds on delivering on a major campaign promise.

Saw this analogy earlier: Your annual spending budget is $44,070. People keep coming onto your property who you don't want there. It costs $57 out of your annual budget to fence your property. Why the hell wouldn't you do it? Because that's effectively what Trump is asking for. $57 out of $44,070. (5.7B out of 4.407 trillion).

It's just insane. Even if it doesn't work.... It costs essentially nothing to us to put up (~1/10th of 1% of the annual budget) and yet here we are with major resistance from the Dems who continue to argue that a wall wont work. So, if you're so convinced, let Trump put it up and then in the years to come for elections if the wall doesn't work just keep running on that? If not, and the wall does work, then some good will be done for our country and you compromised with the devil for the greater good of the country. Just insane that nobody will attempt to see another angle on this who ordeal.
Old 01-15-2019, 07:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2014 E350 W212
I still think the most accurate thing said in this entire thread was that the wall must fail because if it doesn't then Trump succeeds on delivering on a major campaign promise.

Saw this analogy earlier: Your annual spending budget is $44,070. People keep coming onto your property who you don't want there. It costs $57 out of your annual budget to fence your property. Why the hell wouldn't you do it? Because that's effectively what Trump is asking for. $57 out of $44,070. (5.7B out of 4.407 trillion).

It's just insane. Even if it doesn't work.... It costs essentially nothing to us to put up (~1/10th of 1% of the annual budget) and yet here we are with major resistance from the Dems who continue to argue that a wall wont work. So, if you're so convinced, let Trump put it up and then in the years to come for elections if the wall doesn't work just keep running on that? If not, and the wall does work, then some good will be done for our country and you compromised with the devil for the greater good of the country. Just insane that nobody will attempt to see another angle on this who ordeal.
exactly... their (extremist partisans) only real, but unspoken, argument against "the wall" is that trump wants it (and promised it)... the proposal only calls for 234 miles of barrier, plus other resources...
RESOURCES NEEDED: The Trump Administration has requested additional funds relative to the Homeland Security funding bill that passed the Senate Appropriations Committee.
The Administration has requested $5.7 billion for construction of approximately 234 miles of new steel barrier on the Southern Border, a $4.1 billion increase over the Senate bill.
To protect our communities, the Administration requested $675 million to deter and detect narcotics, weapons, and other materials crossing our borders.
Among the Administration’s requests for more resources are:
$211 million to hire 750 additional Border Patrol agents
$571 million for 2,000 additional ICE personnel
$4.2 billion for 52,000 detention beds, personnel, transportation, and detention alternatives
$563 million for 75 additional immigration judges and support staff
- the white house
all very reasonable and needed for border security imo... but the resist, resist, resist trump at every turn is now in full throttle...
Old 01-15-2019, 08:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Lol, I like the way you argue. Aren't you your worst enemy?
Old 01-16-2019, 10:40 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by Red Marko View Post
Shhhh!!!!!

It's his superpower!
Old 01-16-2019, 12:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

SL55, S500
Democrats don't care about Americans..time to fire them all
Old 01-16-2019, 02:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E63S | X5
Originally Posted by Red Marko View Post
Originally Posted by N_Jay View Post
Shhhh!!!!!

It's his superpower!
I mean, I've been in favor of the wall this whole thread. I've come around a bit on what just a wall will do for us and still think it would be far more effective if the wall package also came with additional human elements (border agents) and modern tech along with it. I've been against crowdfunding it. That's what taxes are for and the country elected a president that had a campaign message which included border security. We already said how we want our taxes to be spent. And putting it in perspective by chopping off a few zero's really makes arguments against it hard to get behind.

I still think it will cost more than $5.7 billion, but that's a start. And again, there needs to be additional support other than just a wall. Including more thorough screenings at current ports of entry.

But yes, N_Jay, one of my superpowers is changing my position on an issue when presented with decent arguments that are backed by reason and logic. I have a pretty open mind, you should try it sometime.
Old 01-16-2019, 07:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2014 E350 W212
...and still think it would be far more effective if the wall package also came with additional human elements (border agents) and modern tech along with it.
...it does... (see here)
And again, there needs to be additional support other than just a wall.
...there is... (see below v v)
RESOURCES NEEDED: The Trump Administration has requested additional funds relative to the Homeland Security funding bill that passed the Senate Appropriations Committee.
• The Administration has requested $5.7 billion for construction of approximately 234 miles of new steel barrier on the Southern Border
• The Administration requested $675 million to deter and detect narcotics, weapons, and other materials crossing our borders.
• The Administration’s requests for more resources are:
$211 million to hire 750 additional Border Patrol agents
$571 million for 2,000 additional ICE personnel
$4.2 billion for 52,000 detention beds, personnel, transportation, and detention alternatives
$563 million for 75 additional immigration judges and support staff
- the white house
and don't be fooled into thinking trump has not moved (compromised) on this, his initial request was for $18B for more than 700 miles of border wall (source), then down to 500 miles (source), now down to 234 miles... but the provably biased lib msm (source, source, source, source, source) would rather we not know this...

best compromise i've heard so far, appropriate the $5.7B for the border patrol to decide how to use... (something tells me how they might use it) but in the end, you let the experts, the professional law enforcement agents on the ground decide... instead of the politicians 1000s of miles away...
bp union
washington times
npr
fox news
fox news