MBWorld.org Forums

MBWorld.org Forums (https://mbworld.org/forums/)
-   Questions about how MBWorld.org works...not for car questions. (https://mbworld.org/forums/questions-about-how-mbworld-org-works-not-car-questions-14/)
-   -   New forum look = Lots of loading problems (https://mbworld.org/forums/questions-about-how-mbworld-org-works-not-car-questions/459824-new-forum-look-lots-loading-problems.html)

05 MB Komp 08-14-2012 01:48 PM

New forum look = Lots of loading problems

Am I the only one who has issues accessing the forum since the new look was made official? The load time is terrible and everything is uneven. I even tried it on IE instead of Firefox and it is terrible there as well.

I used to come to the site every day. I have not had the patience since the change. I did delete the cookies and cache from my computer as well.

Anyone have some insight on this?

AZN Optics 08-14-2012 02:27 PM

Haven't noticed any performance issues or screen layout issues. What resolution are you using?

xXHotelCrazyXx 08-14-2012 02:42 PM

i am having issues also...I am using Chrome...checked it on IE and still the same problems

Glyn M Ruck 08-14-2012 07:01 PM

Reported!

awiner 08-14-2012 07:19 PM

Same issue here. Tech support is looking into it.

jctevere 08-14-2012 07:51 PM

I agree. I like the improved UI. But usability has definitely suffered. I'm using OSX mountain lion (10.8) and google chrome. Many clicks are unresponsive. It doesn't seem to be related to anything in particular. The site can freeze and hang on selecting a thread, reply, or quote. Please fix this!

steven1888 08-14-2012 08:48 PM

i have updated my firefox but it wasnt giving me any problem before that.

AZN Optics 08-15-2012 12:30 PM

Firefox 13.0.1

I have had some database failure issues a couple times

xXHotelCrazyXx 08-15-2012 05:36 PM

I am still having problems...

Robb M. 08-16-2012 08:40 AM

hi everyone,

We've had a particularly trying week with network problems appearing nearly immediately after we launched the redesign here on MBW. I believe that we've got things settled, and more under control. Are you still experiencing loading issues?

If you are, please share with us your location, your ISP, your computer type, browser, and version.

If you're a firefox user, and are familiar with firebug, please open it up, and paste a screeenshot of what the 'net' tab shows you while loading MBW. Thanks for your help, we will work with all of you until these issues have been resolved.

cheers,
robb

05 MB Komp 08-16-2012 09:37 AM

I am still having problems on my end. It took me 5 minutes to get this thread to open and most of the icons still have not loaded. I have words where the offline icon should be and my browser is still trying to load these things.

I have issues at work in Arlington, MA on Verizon and at home in Natick, MA on RCN. I am using my HP laptop at both locations and I have tried to clear my cache a couple of times to speed it up. It works the same in Internet Explorer 9 as it does with Firefox. I am unsure how to get the Firefox version I am running but it did perform an update the other day so I would assume it is the most current version.

Hope that helps.

Robb M. 08-16-2012 10:21 AM

Thank you, I appreciate your response and all of the info. Can you try one final thing for me. Use a browser like Chrome, or Safari please, and let me know if the same issues are still present. Thank you!

AZN Optics 08-16-2012 11:51 AM

Try pinging the server and post results?

05 MB Komp 08-16-2012 12:09 PM

Originally Posted by Robb M. (Post 5323015)
Thank you, I appreciate your response and all of the info. Can you try one final thing for me. Use a browser like Chrome, or Safari please, and let me know if the same issues are still present. Thank you!

I tried it in Chrome and it is a bit faster but the icons and photos for the contest never load. The browser just keeps trying and nothing happens.

xXHotelCrazyXx 08-16-2012 02:51 PM

I am using Chrome on windows 7 64 bit. It is still very slow and takes several minutes and refreshes to load. My ISP is comcast.

JimPap 08-16-2012 02:59 PM

Flashback for me.

When Chrome first came out, I gave it a try and found extremely slow loading on IE. I had to uninstall Chrome to restore my speed.

Not trying to start a Browser discussion, but those who are having problems loading my want to uninstall all browsers other than I.E. and see if that straightens out your loading problem.

Since then, I've upgraded my computer and refuse to use anyone else's browser.

For me (Windows 7 with latest I.E.) this page loads extremely fast.

Glyn M Ruck 08-16-2012 05:52 PM

I know the Chrome problem you speak of. Uninstalling Chrome could also leave you with problems.

IB Nolan 08-16-2012 06:17 PM

Can you guys post up a screenshot of a Firebug load in FireFox to help us narrow down what is holding things up? The free application can be found here: https://getfirebug.com/downloads/

You can right click and then "Inspect element with Firebug" then select the "Net" tab to see a page load breakdown and look at any items that are hanging.

See image below for what mine looks like. Longest delay was about 168ms but some may not load at all or take several seconds for you guys that are seeing problems.

see link https://dl.dropbox.com/u/40719330/mb_firebug.jpg

Sportstick 08-16-2012 07:47 PM

Originally Posted by Glyn M Ruck (Post 5323593)
I know the Chrome problem you speak of. Uninstalling Chrome could also leave you with problems.

FWIW, I've been using Chrome throughout and have not had the issues reported here related to the browser. The problems I've had were related to loss of links to prior posts, but that was corrected. Chrome has and continues to integrate seamlessly with MBWorld. There must be other variables.

Glyn M Ruck 08-16-2012 09:08 PM

Originally Posted by Sportstick (Post 5323717)
FWIW, I've been using Chrome throughout and have not had the issues reported here related to the browser. The problems I've had were related to loss of links to prior posts, but that was corrected. Chrome has and continues to integrate seamlessly with MBWorld. There must be other variables.

I'm still running Vista. This problem was about 2 years ago. I loaded Chrome out of interest & had endless loading problems with MBWorld. When I uninstalled it it left me with a real mess. Microsoft understood the problem & sent me a patch that fixed it. There was much written about it at the time on the MS forums. I'm no IT buff. I'm sure newer versions of Chrome are OK. I only run it on my Sony netbook.

JimPap 08-17-2012 01:17 AM

Glyn,

I did the same thing and had to uninstall Chrome for IE to work properly.

I think browsers are like antivirus programs. One is good, two causes problems.

Glyn M Ruck 08-17-2012 09:48 AM

MS said to me that when you uninstall Chrome it leaves a whole lot of broken links behind it. They included the fix for this in the next service pack. They were critical of Google but that might have been professional jealousy.

I have Firefox & IE installed at present with no conflicts.

05 MB Komp 08-19-2012 10:03 PM

Waited 20 minutes for the forum to load on Firefox tonight and gave up. I loaded IE and it worked after a couple of minutes.

I can't take a screenshot of a blank white page that just does not load.

mhad2480 08-20-2012 04:36 PM

I just logged on for the first time in a while, been really busy with work, and I'm having issues with the site loading as well. I tried uploading images, and it didn't work, never had problems in the past. I usually use chrome, but I tried IE as well and still having issues. Not sure who the ISP is here at work.

xXHotelCrazyXx 08-20-2012 08:41 PM

im still having problems...