Questions about how MBWorld.org works...not for car questions. Use this forum for help on using all or any part of the forums. Make sure to read the Forum FAQs first.

New iPad software is NUTS w/MBWORLD!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-06-2017, 10:44 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3,392 Likes on 1,934 Posts
2020 S560 Sedan, 2019 SL450, 2019 E450 Luxury Trim Wagon
New iPad software is NUTS w/MBWORLD!

I just upgraded my iPad software to the latest issue and here on MBWORLD, it is driving me CRAZY! First of all, WHERE did all of the emojis go? And, I can’t use the few shown in the text of my posts. WHY? I can, however, again post photos from my iPad, which I have not been able to do for months now. I hope MBWORLD comes up with some fixes that makes their site more compatible with this new software.
Old 10-07-2017, 08:15 AM
Administrator Emeritus

Received 462 Likes on 348 Posts
Hi,

Testing on IPad IOS 11.02. The icons are located in the edit menu bar now.

Bob
Old 10-14-2017, 11:09 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I’m still having massive problems, but ONLY on MBWorld. Right now, as I am writing this, the blue cursor is 2” below the line I am typing, most times, if I go to paste something in the text, it jumps me to one of the advertisers. I just tried going to another forum site and I have no problems doing anything there. I cannot believe that I am the only one experiencing these problems. I just tried to go back to the second sentence to capitalize the “m” in the world “Most,” but when I tap there, nothing happens. WTF IS GOING ON????????
Old 10-14-2017, 01:55 PM
Administrator Emeritus

Received 462 Likes on 348 Posts
Originally Posted by Streamliner
I’m still having massive problems, but ONLY on MBWorld. Right now, as I am writing this, the blue cursor is 2” below the line I am typing, most times, if I go to paste something in the text, it jumps me to one of the advertisers. I just tried going to another forum site and I have no problems doing anything there. I cannot believe that I am the only one experiencing these problems. I just tried to go back to the second sentence to capitalize the “m” in the world “Most,” but when I tap there, nothing happens. WTF IS GOING ON????????

i don’t know because I can’t duplicare it. Are you viewing the site via the desk top version, mobile app or default template? Also, on far left at the bottom of every page is a “Theme” drop down. What theme is showing? Thank you.

Bob

Sent from my IPad
Old 10-14-2017, 02:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by speedlimit
i don’t know because I can’t duplicare it. Are you viewing the site via the desk top version, mobile app or default template? Also, on far left at the bottom of every page is a “Theme” drop down. What theme is showing? Thank you.

Bob

Sent from my IPad
That seems to have done the trick! I changed from “Infinite Scroll” to regular and it seems to be working much better,
Thank you!