r350 trunk wont latch

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-19-2017, 04:06 PM
9ck

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
r350
r350 trunk wont latch

2007 R350 Trunk just recently stopped latching. Latch moves freely. No issues with what it latches to. Tried holding lock and unlock on fob at same time for 6 seconds. Tried a series of events where you hold and press lock and unlock in specific intervals. Checked the emergency release though I am not sure what I was looking for, it seemed to move freely, couldn't tell it did anything when pulled. Suspect it may be related to an issue since I purchased the vehicle in Dec. My alarm started going off one night several times. Did some research and WD-40'ed all door latches. It happened again the next night. WD-40'ed again and ok for a couple of days. It has been so long I don't recall exactly why, but for some reason I felt at that time that there was a problem with the trunk. Then the fob stopped working. I could open the door with the manual key for a couple of days but that ended. I replaced the batteries on the fob and it worked once. I could only lock all doors if I locked them from inside the drivers door. So at least I could get in my car and lock my doors if I needed to. Now that the trunk won't latch I can't even lock myself in the car and I am a courier, sometimes carrying money. If the trunk and fob issues are not the same, I would prefer to concentrate on the trunk latch first. Thank you all so much!!!

Last edited by 9ck; 08-28-2017 at 09:31 PM.