R-Class (W251) Produced 2006-2013: R320CDI, R350, R420CDI, R500

Stranger than strange problem -- AirMatic

Old 07-16-2018, 11:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mercedes R350
Stranger than strange problem -- AirMatic

Hi all, i have a 2007 R350 4Matic.

I have a strange issue going on so please excuse the length of this post.

When I drive the car for say an hour or so I get the riser malfunction i.e. the car icon with up arrow and malfunction text. This weekend I drove to Vegas and not only did the former happen but also the "STOP, car too low came on". Stopped for a while, the car rose again and same repeated. When I parked the car overnight same issue the back wheels were completely depressed. On the way back same issue over and over. Had to stop 3-4 times for it to rise. I did notice the left rear was more depressed than right rear. Please note all throughout the outside air temperature was like 105-112F.

Now, when i came home, started the car this morning, it did not even complain the car is too low even after a full night stop.

Is it possible that the left rear air-bag is malfunctioning after 1hr of driving or after driving in extreme conditions? If the pump was faulty the car would never rise correct?

Any ideas here would be very, very helpful.

Also, is it ok to change only one airbag or recommend both?
Old 07-17-2018, 08:27 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 1,019 Likes on 947 Posts
1999 E300TD
Well Biff if you continue on with your FUYA approach----nothing will happen---It is a complicated system,find someone with the diagnostics who can quickly find the fault---and no it aint free.
Old 09-26-2018, 09:09 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
R350 4 Matic
Originally Posted by ashkot
Hi all, i have a 2007 R350 4Matic.

I have a strange issue going on so please excuse the length of this post.

When I drive the car for say an hour or so I get the riser malfunction i.e. the car icon with up arrow and malfunction text. This weekend I drove to Vegas and not only did the former happen but also the "STOP, car too low came on". Stopped for a while, the car rose again and same repeated. When I parked the car overnight same issue the back wheels were completely depressed. On the way back same issue over and over. Had to stop 3-4 times for it to rise. I did notice the left rear was more depressed than right rear. Please note all throughout the outside air temperature was like 105-112F.

Now, when i came home, started the car this morning, it did not even complain the car is too low even after a full night stop.

Is it possible that the left rear air-bag is malfunctioning after 1hr of driving or after driving in extreme conditions? If the pump was faulty the car would never rise correct?

Any ideas here would be very, very helpful.

Also, is it ok to change only one airbag or recommend both?
I done that replaced only the one that leaked.