R-Class (W251) Produced 2006-2013: R320CDI, R350, R420CDI, R500

2007 R320 Battery & Headlight Bulb

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-03-2019, 12:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
R320 CDI
Question 2007 R320 Battery & Headlight Bulb

I am new to MBWorld and I don't know if this question has already been answered elsewhere. Does anyone have recommendations on replacement low beam headlights? Should I replace with same halogen H7 bulb or get an LED kit? I do not like aftermarket parts installed but if someone can recommend an aftermarket kit that they feel is quality and will not cause any other electrical issues I'd like to hear what you think. Also, what about replacing the front standing lamp which is a W5W bulb? Do you suggest getting LED's for them or keep the originals? I am afraid to purchase an LED kit because they seem to vary greatly in price and I'm not sure which is the best one for the $ or simplest to install. I had a battery replacement by my local repair shop and they did not replace with MB OEM battery because it was too expensive. They found an aftermarket replacement but said it was difficult to find thought the cost was about 1/4 of the price of the MB OEM battery. Does anyone have recommendations on battery replacement for the future? The replacement battery has a 5 year warranty and my MB OEM battery lasted more than 10 years! Any suggestions / recommendations are appreciated. Thank you.

Last edited by sjclll; 02-03-2019 at 08:20 PM. Reason: updated info
Old 02-03-2019, 09:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 148 Likes on 135 Posts
2010 Mercedes GL450; 2000 Mercedes ML55 AMG; 2016 VW GLI SEL Stick!!!
Originally Posted by sjclll
I am new to MBWorld and I don't know if this question has already been answered elsewhere. Does anyone have recommendations on replacement low beam headlights? Should I replace with same halogen H7 bulb or get an LED kit? I do not like aftermarket parts installed but if someone can recommend an aftermarket kit that they feel is quality and will not cause any other electrical issues I'd like to hear what you think. Also, what about replacing the front standing lamp which is a W5W bulb? Do you suggest getting LED's for them or keep the originals? I am afraid to purchase an LED kit because they seem to vary greatly in price and I'm not sure which is the best one for the $ or simplest to install. I had a battery replacement by my local repair shop and they did not replace with MB OEM battery because it was too expensive. They found an aftermarket replacement but said it was difficult to find thought the cost was about 1/4 of the price of the MB OEM battery. Does anyone have recommendations on battery replacement for the future? The replacement battery has a 5 year warranty and my MB OEM battery lasted more than 10 years! Any suggestions / recommendations are appreciated. Thank you.
Reach out to azn optics on the forum for a hid upgrade kit. That is your best option. LED is still too new and there is no clear concesus in quality and performance.

Hid is is reliable and proven. Azn is great.

Try pep boys for the Bosch agm battery. Make sure it’s a fresh batch.
Old 02-03-2019, 10:40 PM
SPONSOR/MBworld Guru

Received 211 Likes on 202 Posts
MB W204/W212, BMW E66, Porsche 958, VW MK6 TDI, Maserati Ghibli SQ4
We can help you out with all your lighting needs. We specialize in canbus error free units for MBs. You can PM us or email us directly at aznoptics@gmail.com