Easy entry/exit problem

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-21-2016, 06:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BMW 325
Easy entry/exit problem

Hi all,

Maybe this is a unique case as I have not found a similar problem yet.

Here it is:

S500 Coupe 2017. I bought it new from Mercedes 2 months ago. Now 3000 km. The problem existed from the start. Took it to the dealer - could not solve it. Checked similar cars - not the same.

The case:
Easy entry/exit - ON. Memory position - saved.
And now the problem:
When I switch off the car and open the door the steering wheel goes up and the seat moves back (everything normal so far). Now, once the seat is back the BACKREST starts to move to 90 degrees which makes getting out of the car extremely uncomfortable. Logically it should tilt more to the back for easy entry, not to the front all the way to 90 degrees.
ALSO: After I get back inside the car and close the door the seat moves forward not to the saved position - more closer to the front. Instead of moving to the saved position 1.

I would assume that the backrest should not be tilting at all.

Any thoughts on how to solve it?

Thanks

Boris
Old 08-10-2018, 08:42 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 65 Likes on 51 Posts
Cars
I'm having the exact same issue

Originally Posted by BKV123
Hi all,

Maybe this is a unique case as I have not found a similar problem yet.

Here it is:

S500 Coupe 2017. I bought it new from Mercedes 2 months ago. Now 3000 km. The problem existed from the start. Took it to the dealer - could not solve it. Checked similar cars - not the same.

The case:
Easy entry/exit - ON. Memory position - saved.
And now the problem:
When I switch off the car and open the door the steering wheel goes up and the seat moves back (everything normal so far). Now, once the seat is back the BACKREST starts to move to 90 degrees which makes getting out of the car extremely uncomfortable. Logically it should tilt more to the back for easy entry, not to the front all the way to 90 degrees.
ALSO: After I get back inside the car and close the door the seat moves forward not to the saved position - more closer to the front. Instead of moving to the saved position 1.

I would assume that the backrest should not be tilting at all.

Any thoughts on how to solve it?

Thanks

Boris
I have an appointment for the exact same issue. It's driving me nuts. I think the seat memory unit is defective. We're you able to find your issue and get it resolved? Please tell me so I can relay this information to my tech guy on Monday.

Last edited by 2014CL600; 08-10-2018 at 08:48 AM.