Picked Up a New 2016 - MBWorld.org Forums

Notices

Picked Up a New 2016

Reply

 
 
Old 01-04-2017, 07:29 PM
  #1
Member
Thread Starter
 
texex91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Texas
Posts: 160
Thanked 5 Times in 4 Posts
Picked Up a New 2016

Wanted to add something to my '17 R8 for longer drives. I looked at '17, but amazing deal on this leftover '16. It's a great riding car. Had S550 Sedan a year ago, but this Coupe is SO much better looking!
Attached Thumbnails
Picked Up a New 2016-img_0360.jpg   Picked Up a New 2016-img_0346.jpg   Picked Up a New 2016-img_0353.jpg   Picked Up a New 2016-img_0365.jpg   Picked Up a New 2016-img_0362-6.55.17-am.jpg  


Last edited by texex91; 01-04-2017 at 09:17 PM.
texex91 is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to texex91 For This Useful Post:
Paulo Soares (01-20-2017)
Old 01-04-2017, 08:55 PM
  #2
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
Rocman8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 1,135
Thanked 65 Times in 62 Posts
Nice! what new engine are you talking about?
Rocman8 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2017, 09:17 PM
  #3
Member
Thread Starter
 
texex91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Texas
Posts: 160
Thanked 5 Times in 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Rocman8 View Post
Nice! what new engine are you talking about?
Sorry--meant up coming in 18...
texex91 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2017, 01:00 AM
  #4
RJC
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
RJC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: 2000 ft over the Fl coast in a B-17
Posts: 4,846
Thanked 10 Times in 9 Posts
Congrats, nice it came with 20's + F1's... also nice to see some new life here especially from a new owner. I've had a 16 and now a 17, so if you have any questions just let me know.

Last edited by RJC; 01-05-2017 at 02:09 AM.
RJC is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2017, 05:49 PM
  #5
Member
Thread Starter
 
texex91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Texas
Posts: 160
Thanked 5 Times in 4 Posts
Originally Posted by RJC View Post
Congrats, nice it came with 20's + F1's... also nice to see some new life here especially from a new owner. I've had a 16 and now a 17, so if you have any questions just let me know.
Yeah I see you had 16 and bought 17, so you must have some positive thoughts on it. What I really like is they are not a dime a dozen. Very rare to see one, say vs 4-door. I will end up flipping it sometime this year for something else, but that something else just may be another 17...I have a car issue

Really like it so far. 'Sports' mode is kinda not much, but then again that's not what it's meant for. It's a perfect daily and trip car for me.

The exterior looks are absolutely stunning and the interior fit is fantastic (just like my '15 S550 Sedan). Surprised these don't move on dealers lots, but I've never liked what the masses like anyways
texex91 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2017, 01:11 AM
  #6
RJC
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
RJC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: 2000 ft over the Fl coast in a B-17
Posts: 4,846
Thanked 10 Times in 9 Posts
Originally Posted by texex91 View Post
Yeah I see you had 16 and bought 17, so you must have some positive thoughts on it. What I really like is they are not a dime a dozen. Very rare to see one, say vs 4-door. I will end up flipping it sometime this year for something else, but that something else just may be another 17...I have a car issue

Really like it so far. 'Sports' mode is kinda not much, but then again that's not what it's meant for. It's a perfect daily and trip car for me.

The exterior looks are absolutely stunning and the interior fit is fantastic (just like my '15 S550 Sedan). Surprised these don't move on dealers lots, but I've never liked what the masses like anyways
I share the same issue and might go for the new AMG GTC next year.

Around here I see a few of our beasts roaming the streets but they are definitely not too common.
The 9G trans in the 17 is now proving to be better than I expected...its a big improvement (there's also a new transfer case for the 4-M).
The run flats really hamper the ride at times, but as mentioned the GY"s are the better of the two choices for the 20's...

I'd like to compare something to your car...when the engine is cold and you put the car in gear while stopped, can you feel a very slight vibration in the wheel at times. I have this and it goes away completely when the car is full warmed but I don't remember this in my 16 (some in the W222 forum have also noticed it).
TIA

Last edited by RJC; 01-06-2017 at 01:15 AM.
RJC is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2017, 02:09 PM
  #7
Member
Thread Starter
 
texex91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Texas
Posts: 160
Thanked 5 Times in 4 Posts
Originally Posted by RJC View Post
I share the same issue and might go for the new AMG GTC next year.

Around here I see a few of our beasts roaming the streets but they are definitely not too common.
The 9G trans in the 17 is now proving to be better than I expected...its a big improvement (there's also a new transfer case for the 4-M).
The run flats really hamper the ride at times, but as mentioned the GY"s are the better of the two choices for the 20's...

I'd like to compare something to your car...when the engine is cold and you put the car in gear while stopped, can you feel a very slight vibration in the wheel at times. I have this and it goes away completely when the car is full warmed but I don't remember this in my 16 (some in the W222 forum have also noticed it).
TIA
Haven't noticed that. I do however notice when I put it in R(everse) there is a noticeable hesitation before it backs up. Quasi annoying.

Rest of the car is fantastic and enjoying it!

Last edited by texex91; 01-06-2017 at 06:28 PM.
texex91 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2017, 09:01 PM
  #8
RJC
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
RJC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: 2000 ft over the Fl coast in a B-17
Posts: 4,846
Thanked 10 Times in 9 Posts
Originally Posted by texex91 View Post
Haven't noticed that. I do however notice when I put it in R(everse) there is a noticeable hesitation before it backs up. Quasi annoying.

Rest of the car is fantastic and enjoying it!
Please keep a lookout for the steering wheel vibration (it's only before the car fully warms and in gear when stopped) it's very subtle. I need to know whether to take it in.

I don't remember any delay going into reverse on my 16.

Last edited by RJC; 01-06-2017 at 10:59 PM.
RJC is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2017, 09:20 PM
  #9
Member
Thread Starter
 
texex91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Texas
Posts: 160
Thanked 5 Times in 4 Posts
Originally Posted by RJC View Post
Please keep an lookout for the steering wheel vibration (it's only before the car fully warms and in gear when stopped) and pls let me know...it's very subtle.

I don't remember any delay going into reverse on my 16.
Figured out delay...the Parking Brake (red P on cluster) brake is always set for some reason on start up.

Have to figure out what is causing that and once that is off R is no issue.

Last edited by texex91; 01-06-2017 at 09:46 PM.
texex91 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2017, 11:02 PM
  #10
RJC
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
RJC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: 2000 ft over the Fl coast in a B-17
Posts: 4,846
Thanked 10 Times in 9 Posts
Originally Posted by texex91 View Post
Figured out delay...the Parking Brake (red P on cluster) brake is always set for some reason on start up.

Have to figure out what is causing that and once that is off R is no issue.
Ah, I thought you meant the was delay going into gear. Yes, and you need to give it a bit more gas for it to release a little quicker.
RJC is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2017, 08:06 AM
  #11
Member
Thread Starter
 
texex91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Texas
Posts: 160
Thanked 5 Times in 4 Posts
Originally Posted by RJC View Post
Ah, I thought you meant the was delay going into gear. Yes, and you need to give it a bit more gas for it to release a little quicker.
Solved the issue with parking--all good.

Off to get ceramic tint today. Just what I need when it's 25 degrees outside

Last edited by texex91; 01-07-2017 at 10:57 AM.
texex91 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2017, 07:09 PM
  #12
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 447
Thanked 11 Times in 10 Posts
Sexy *** Coupe you picked up there, Paul. Congrats again.
Manofsteelpt is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Manofsteelpt For This Useful Post:
texex91 (01-08-2017)
Old 01-08-2017, 09:47 PM
  #13
Member
Thread Starter
 
texex91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Texas
Posts: 160
Thanked 5 Times in 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Manofsteelpt View Post
Sexy *** Coupe you picked up there, Paul. Congrats again.
Thank you
texex91 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2017, 01:27 PM
  #14
Newbie
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 6
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by texex91 View Post
Wanted to add something to my '17 R8 for longer drives. I looked at '17, but amazing deal on this leftover '16. It's a great riding car. Had S550 Sedan a year ago, but this Coupe is SO much better looking!
Congrats! I'm checking out a low mileage 2015 tomorrow, same color and interior. If it looks and drives well I'll pull the trigger!
Paulaner is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2017, 08:44 PM
  #15
Newbie
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 6
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Trigger pulled

Paulaner is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2017, 08:11 AM
  #16
Member
Thread Starter
 
texex91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Texas
Posts: 160
Thanked 5 Times in 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Paulaner View Post
Trigger pulled
Enjoy it!
texex91 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2017, 08:35 AM
  #17
Member
Thread Starter
 
texex91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Texas
Posts: 160
Thanked 5 Times in 4 Posts
Well I SOLD my coupe.

It just had too floaty a feel to it and there was some god awful rattle in the drivers door. Traded in for new Escalade and just glad to be out of MB. I enjoy MB, but depreciation and build quality these days have a lot to be desired.
texex91 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2017, 08:46 AM
  #18
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 447
Thanked 11 Times in 10 Posts
Is that a record for u? I know u go thru them fast, but this was real fast! Do u think the AMG would've been better with the stiffer susp?
Manofsteelpt is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2017, 09:04 AM
  #19
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
Viper98912's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Michigan
Posts: 2,617
Thanked 17 Times in 15 Posts
Dude, that wasn't even a month.
Viper98912 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2017, 12:34 PM
  #20
Member
Thread Starter
 
texex91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Texas
Posts: 160
Thanked 5 Times in 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Manofsteelpt View Post
Is that a record for u? I know u go thru them fast, but this was real fast! Do u think the AMG would've been better with the stiffer susp?
Like AMG, hate the depreciation.

Originally Posted by Viper98912 View Post
Dude, that wasn't even a month.
I know, that's longer than most LOL.
texex91 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2017, 11:33 PM
  #21
RJC
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
RJC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: 2000 ft over the Fl coast in a B-17
Posts: 4,846
Thanked 10 Times in 9 Posts
The rattle was a common issue with some earlier production cars and an easy fix.

Floaty feel...vs escalade?

These are definitely not sports cars and meant to be a proper, gentleman's high performance GT.

Best of luck with the new ride. We have a 17 XTS in the fleet as a worry free DD...rides on a cloud...as it should.

Last edited by RJC; 01-30-2017 at 11:36 PM.
RJC is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2017, 11:35 PM
  #22
RJC
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
RJC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: 2000 ft over the Fl coast in a B-17
Posts: 4,846
Thanked 10 Times in 9 Posts
Originally Posted by Paulaner View Post
Trigger pulled

Sweet...is it a '17?
RJC is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2017, 09:24 PM
  #23
Newbie
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 6
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
2015, I got it with 17,500 miles on it. My Dd, drives like a dream. Love the sports functions
Paulaner is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2017, 01:32 PM
  #24
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Raleigh, NC, USA
Posts: 53
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by texex91 View Post
Well I SOLD my coupe.
Nice to see that someone out there is even worse than me with the car A.D.D.

I'm looking to get out of my BMW and into the coupe. Probably a used 2016, if I can work a good deal. I have seen a few posts of people who buy the 2017 and like the transmission better. Are there issues or complaints with the 2016 tranny, or anything else I should look out for?
beemer guy is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 07:39 AM
  #25
Senior Member
 
Daytona-flyer's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Florida
Posts: 382
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
I have a 2016 S 550 coupe. It has been trouble free since I bought it a year ago. The tranny shifts fine but the new 9 speed is intriguing. I plan on keeping this car for a while. I also have an 2004 AMG SLS, also trouble free. Another keeper.

Resale value has a lot to do with keeping the cars until the 7 year extended warranty expires.

The other reason is I love both cars. The S coupe is fu*^ing awesome. The SLS is a beast.
Daytona-flyer is offline  
Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:33 PM.


Copyright 2001-2012 InternetBrands, Inc. / MBWorld.org. All Rights Reserved.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: