Bulb type in Lorinser Fog Lights for DTM kit

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-24-2007, 01:19 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Mercedes S500 Sport
Bulb type in Lorinser Fog Lights for DTM kit

Hey guys,

One of my fogs went out on my Lorinser Fog kit. I heard the bulb is an H3 type. Can anyone confirm this? The reason I am asking is that if that is the case, I will probably just do a HID H3 conversion and not have to worry about blown bulbs (at least for a long time). Has anyone on the board done the HID conversion for their Lorinser fog lamps? Thanks.

---PHil
Old 07-25-2007, 08:31 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2000 S500
Not sure about the conversion, but I can confirm it is the H3. I have had a couple of my fog lights give out already and I just replace both at the same time...
Old 07-27-2007, 04:43 AM

Mercedes S500 Sport
Thanks a lot for your reply, Mike. That really helps. Since you said you've replace a lot of bulbs already, have you though about the HID conversion? Also, I saw one of your post that you are getting the 07 lights. Can you post pics of it turned on once you get them installed? I saw Twinz's pictures and they look good. The only thing is that his tail lights are blacked out so I can't really tell how bright the parking LEDs really are. I am assuming you are not going to black out your lights? Let me know when you get a chance. Thanks again, Mike.
Old 07-31-2007, 03:15 PM

2000 S500
Hi Ansonn, what do you mean by H3 HID conversion? Yeah, I am still waiting on the body shop to let me know those '07 tail lights are ready since the color matched parts need to be painted. And yes, you are right...not blacking them out...not on a white car. I will send you a pic when I get them put on. I have seen them now on EBay in white and silver. I still have to get mine painted as my car has been custom painted.
Old 07-31-2007, 06:15 PM

Mercedes S500 Sport
Xenondepot.com has an H3 HID conversion whereby you convert your halogen H3 into HID - an HID bulb designed to fit into an H3 socket. I have always wanted to do that to my Lorinser Fog lights and think the size of the fog lights coupled with the HID bulbs will look very nice. I am debating on whether to use yellow HID or regular 5000k HID bulbs. You haven't heard of H3 HID/Xenon conversions? They pretty much have them for all types of bulbs. Does that answer your question? Take a look at www.xenondepot.com and click on their xenondepot conversion kits. They're a little pricier but the ballast is the size of a credit card which is a big step away from the bulkiness of other HID kits. The value of having HID fog lights is never having to worry about blown bulbs and of course a much brighter fog light.
Old 07-31-2007, 09:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
04 S430 (sold),05 X5 4.4i, 02 325i, 87 560SL, 85 Alfa Romeo
Originally Posted by dmike67
Not sure about the conversion, but I can confirm it is the H3. I have had a couple of my fog lights give out already and I just replace both at the same time...
Hey Mike,

I am looking for a front bumper like that with lights for my 2004. Can you point me in the right direction? you car looks HOT!!!
Also did you just use the wires for the Fogs in the light assy and disconnect the top one's or are they all tied together??

Thanks...
Old 07-31-2007, 09:34 PM

2000 S500
Thanks for the compliment. Ansonnn (also on this thread) has the same Kit on his car (I believe), right Ansonnn? It is a Lorinser DTM front bumper. They came from CEC Corp in Miami, but I dont think they are a Lorinser distributor anymore so you can just check on the internet. I am not sure about the wiring for the fog lights as I did not install it.