S-Class (W220) 1999-2006: S 320 CDI, S 320, S430, S 500, S 600

Restet command to factory settings ..

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-21-2007, 01:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2005 S55
Restet command to factory settings ..

does anyone know how to do this? My problems with my radio were temporarily made better by disconnecting the battery, but the radio kept it's origional settings so I know it was not totally reset, and the problem (sound going dead intermitently) is back.

Based on the fact that I can temporarily fix this problem by restarting the command I'm still convinced the problem was a mechanic updating my command for free (got what I paid for) .. so I want to return it to factory condition (like restoring a computer, in my mind).

Anyone have any idea how to do this in an 01' S500
Old 12-21-2007, 03:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
04 S430 (sold),05 X5 4.4i, 02 325i, 87 560SL, 85 Alfa Romeo
Originally Posted by shaw01
does anyone know how to do this? My problems with my radio were temporarily made better by disconnecting the battery, but the radio kept it's origional settings so I know it was not totally reset, and the problem (sound going dead intermitently) is back.

Based on the fact that I can temporarily fix this problem by restarting the command I'm still convinced the problem was a mechanic updating my command for free (got what I paid for) .. so I want to return it to factory condition (like restoring a computer, in my mind).

Anyone have any idea how to do this in an 01' S500
This is done by going to the service(s) menu and hitting reset.

BE advised that this only erases the radio,nav locations, audio settings, etc..
It does NOT restore any old software. The only way to do this is to find an old version of the disk and install it, but if my memory serves me correctly, there is a problem with doing that.

BTW. disconnecting the battery doesn't restart the comand per say.. WHat it does is reinitializes your D2B bus and restarts all of your audio hardware including your amp(s).

YOur problem is most likely there and NOT the comand unit itself.

good luck.