S-Class (W220) 1999-2006: S 320 CDI, S 320, S430, S 500, S 600

Will these headlights work?? 2002 S430 currently w/ halogen - See link to product

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-02-2008, 05:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MB
Will these DEPO headlights work? 2002 S430 currently w/ halogen - See link to product

Hello,

I recently purchased a 2002 S430 with what I believe has halogen headlights.

I've read countless threads on the topic of updating to projector HID lights. From what I've gotten, you will need to purchase a new projector headlight (preferrably DEPO brand), then buy a separate HID kit to install within this new projector.

On this website, I found these headlights that look like it will work. The projector headlight and the HID setup. I called them up and the guy told me it was a simple plug and play installation.

I was hoping that one of the experts can tell me whether or not this is compatible (i.e. simple plug and play) with my current headlight OR if this is a cheap way of doing it the normal way (i.e. buy projector and HID kit separate).

Link to website and item: http://www.autodynamic.com/detail.as...ZS0004PHCC-HID

Thanks in advance for your comments.

Last edited by Ickey; 02-03-2008 at 02:41 PM. Reason: Wanted to add word "DEPO" for better search functionality
Old 02-03-2008, 09:15 AM

Originally Posted by Ickey
Hello,

I recently purchased a 2002 S430 with what I believe has halogen headlights.

I've read countless threads on the topic of updating to projector HID lights. From what I've gotten, you will need to purchase a new projector headlight (preferrably DEPO brand), then buy a separate HID kit to install within this new projector.

On this website, I found these headlights that look like it will work. The projector headlight and the HID setup. I called them up and the guy told me it was a simple plug and play installation.

I was hoping that one of the experts can tell me whether or not this is compatible (i.e. simple plug and play) with my current headlight OR if this is a cheap way of doing it the normal way (i.e. buy projector and HID kit separate).

Link to website and item: http://www.autodynamic.com/detail.as...ZS0004PHCC-HID

Thanks in advance for your comments.
Hi ! Provided you have halogen headlights ,this kit is perfect for you.It's a direct troublefree replacement. The price is right and the quality of the DEPO brand is superior.
I aquired the same DEPO kit for MY2001 S-Class BUT since my car was equiped with OEM xenon, I was advised NOT to install it due to incompatibilities with the automatic headlight leveling system of the car...So kit stays in my garage :-(
Old 02-04-2008, 01:04 AM

2000 S430
will it work with cars that have halogen lights and auto leveling?
Old 02-04-2008, 10:44 AM

W220
will work but its not worth it . u can get headlights from ebay for $200-300 and hid kit for $150. but if u wanna pay that much then go with OEM
Old 02-04-2008, 03:01 PM

MB
Originally Posted by dav818
will work but its not worth it . u can get headlights from ebay for $200-300 and hid kit for $150. but if u wanna pay that much then go with OEM

Wheres the best place to buy OEM at the cheapest price?