S-Class (W220) 1999-2006: S 320 CDI, S 320, S430, S 500, S 600

HELP....right side lower than left side of CAR!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-24-2008, 12:22 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2001 S430
HELP....right side lower than left side of CAR!!

Hi guys, you have all been so helpful to me with the issues I have encountered with our new purchase of an '01 s430 with 25,000. Last week I started a thread that I had no audio, then no control panel. Found out that the audio issue was a bad tele-aid and hubby looped it out and all works now!! As for the control panel, the fuse got put back in the wrong empty slot.

NOW ANOTHER ISSUE. We noticed when we took the kids outside tonight that the right side of the car is sitting lower than the left side of the car. So, we get in the car and push the airmatic up button. Vehicle displays airmatic rising, yes, it did rise on both sides but the right side is still lower than the left. We had pulled the battery out the other day with the other issues and that is when this problem seemed to start. Does it just need to reset itself, or do we need to do something special to make that happen?

Or is this a sign of a bad RELAY like I have been reading? If a bad relay, where exactly under the hood is the relay as I have the schematics that were in the rear tire, and it does not show exactly which one is the relay switch. I see people say it is the "0" is that correct and that you have to pull out fuse F32 before taking out the relay is that correct? Or is it a bad fuse 32 compressor fuse? Didn't think it was a fuse as the car still raises.

No codes are coming up when you run diagnostic error codes on the car itself, any ideas?

I need help as I find this car very time consuming and very complicated. I have been on here for 3 hours researching this issue and it is frustrating to say the least!! How do you check the struts for leakage also? Seems odd that the whole right side is lower than the left.

PLEASE PLEASE THROW some of your thoughts my way, I am begging all of you experts!! We are considering getting this issue fixed and selling the car as I see to much problems coming up on this year model.

HELP HELP HELP, I am at my whits end with this issue.

Thanks so much for all of your guys' time it is so much APPRECIATED!!

Dawn
Old 06-24-2008, 03:29 AM
K-A
Out Of Control!!

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts
Porsche Macan S SportDesign / Ex M-B's: 11 & 10 & 06 E350's, 02 S500
I noticed a possible similarity with mine today. Although it looked so minor I think I might have been seeing things and/or being paranoid. It seemed the passenger side was a sliiight bit lower than the driver from the back. I'm curious as to any answers to this as well....
Old 06-25-2008, 12:15 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2000 S500
Fixed my ride height myself with a Stanley tape measure, metric wrench, and 3 washers. When I got my 00 S500 the passenger rear was lower than the rest of the car. Took it to 2 benz dealers to correct ride height, neither were successful and all struts good with no leaks detected. The left front was 3/4 in higher than right front, in normal or up position. This caused the rt rear to be lower(like when you jack up one corner the opposite takes more weight). I corrected the problem by adding washers(search it) to lower the left front. When the fronts were the same the rear also balanced out(good news as rear has only 1 sensor for both sides). The handling has improved alot.
The following users liked this post:
Hubus Calhoun (02-03-2021)
Old 06-25-2008, 09:33 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
04 S430 (sold),05 X5 4.4i, 02 325i, 87 560SL, 85 Alfa Romeo
Originally Posted by 2strokepwer
Fixed my ride height myself with a Stanley tape measure, metric wrench, and 3 washers. When I got my 00 S500 the passenger rear was lower than the rest of the car. Took it to 2 benz dealers to correct ride height, neither were successful and all struts good with no leaks detected. The left front was 3/4 in higher than right front, in normal or up position. This caused the rt rear to be lower(like when you jack up one corner the opposite takes more weight). I corrected the problem by adding washers(search it) to lower the left front. When the fronts were the same the rear also balanced out(good news as rear has only 1 sensor for both sides). The handling has improved alot.
Good post and good idea!!! There is a tilt sensor located somewhere in the centerchasssis that fixes this problem also, but I haven't been able to locate the exact location of mine. I saw it on the diagram..