S-Class (W220) 1999-2006: S 320 CDI, S 320, S430, S 500, S 600

Driver door switches and other front failures

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-18-2022, 06:17 AM

Received 91 Likes on 79 Posts
001 s600, 94 sl600
Arrow Driver door switches and other front failures

Hello folks----2001 S-600 my problem is electrical I think. The issue started with all the driver door stuff quit working ,-every switch function just stopped working. Then spedometer quit and transmission and engine both went to 'limp mode' with tranny in only reverse and 2nd gear, engine speed limit ar 3500. Codes all reference CAN failures, loss of communication,etc. I have cleaned contacts on everything in the two front SAMs and other front 'fuse boxes, including disassembling the SAM unit and cleaning where the fuses and relays connect to the heavy brass strips in the fuse box.. Everything was clean and corrosion free. I 'think I have all the wires correctly reinstalled but have no wiring diagrams, andI have NOT tested all the relays in the SAM units. I cannot find wiring diagrams to trace all the relays, HELP
Where can I get wiring diagrams, Where are additional SAM units and fuse blocks?

Months ago I had the entire front systems A/C, cluster entire dash,etc quit while driving and then while coasting off the road I bumped across a hole in road and everything came back on, indicating a loose connection somewhere. I have not been able to find the loose connection.. HELP Me. I had no problems for months and then this near total failures.

Please help