Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-06-2009, 07:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
07 E63 06 CLK55 Cab 03 P-car C4S
2002 S55/S500 IPOD connection

Hi all,
Does anyone have suggestion for the least expensive/yet still decent sounding connection of IPOD to the stereo? Given the current value of the car, I don't really want to put too much money into upgrading the stereo. I tried buying one of those cassette adaptors, but it didn't work for this car. On our 2006 R500, there's an auxiliary but clearly there isn't one here(readily accessible in the glovebox. Any suggestions?
Thx in advance.
Patrick
Old 10-06-2009, 08:03 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
02 S500 Sport
The tapes does work, if it says error try to pop it back in again until it takes it.
Old 10-07-2009, 07:40 AM

w220 s600
tape works, I removed the bezel on my 00 s600, slid out the command unit and drilled a hole in the top. passed the wire in th dash to the compartment under the ashtray so its all hidden. left enough slack on teh cable so that should I decide to sell the car and the new owners want it removing I can just snip the wire and eject the cassette.
Old 10-12-2009, 08:41 PM

'04 S500 4matic AMG
Cartronics - $349.00 - http://www.cartronics.com/MBD2B.html - Basic solution - gets the audio IN THERE - thats it for that cost though..
Here is the description:

Aux-InD2B
If you are looking for an economical solution for adding iPod, satellite or other audio to your car, then you have found it! This unit takes the place of the factory CD changer on your vehicle. It has a standard RCA stereo input jacks that can be used to play audio from any portable device that has a headphone jack or line-out.
Installation is what you have come to expect from CarTronics... simple! Simply disconnect the fiber optic cable and power plug from your CD changer and plug them into the Aux-InD2B. Then route your extension cable to the cabin location of your choice, and that is it! When you want to listen to crystal clear sound, just select CD on your dash and listen to the device of your choice... simple! This device does not charge your audio player, nor does it allow you to control it from the steering wheel or radio controls.

Now you can buy their version of the Dension 500 or the Dension product for $ 500-550 range - give them a call - they are incredibly helpful and know their stuff serioulsy.

BEST customer service I have ever received from a product supplier bar none.

You will not be disappointed. I opted for the full Bluetooth, Aux, IPOD on my 04 W220 and couldn't be happier. Bryan there made sure it went smoothly.

Works great - sounds great! Im a 100% believer in the Cartronics stuff.
Old 11-05-2009, 01:47 PM

S430
Wink I pod solution

I know a lot of people don't like the FM transmitters for I pods, but for $40 the one I got sounds great and of course the steering wheel buttons work normally since the signal is coming from the radio. There is no static or distortion and we are happy with it...great for long trips. The only drawback is that it is not a built-in, so the transmitter sits awkwardly in the ashtray. We put the I pod in the map holder and run the wire as inconspicuously as possible. You could also put it in one of the rear seat door compartments to get it really out of the way. It's not for purists, but it works for us.