Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-26-2011, 03:45 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MB S320
Door lock and chip not recognized.

Dear all friends,

I am new in this forum.
I used keyless go and I drive 2000 S320.
Recently, I have a problem. One day, I touch the door handle, the interior light is on. But the door pin does not move upward. I keep lock the car by pressing the door handle sensor and unlock it by touching the handle. Finally, I try to pull the door handle with the down position of the door pin. Wow, the door can be opened. I get into the car. At the meanwhile, i find a work on the dash display. It says "chip not recognise" I try the central unlock but it does not help at all. I start the engine and let it go for a while. The central lock is working. After half an hour, I park and lock as usual. It works.
When I come back after few hour, I still can unlock the car.
The other day. I don't use the keyless go. I use the key remote now. It works normally at the first few time. But now, it happens like this. When I press the unlock button, interior light is on, door pin is not up, I cannot open the door by pulling the handle. I keep lock and unlock it but still the same result. Fianlly, I keep pressing the unlock button and the window moves down. I open the door by internal door handle. The alarm siren does not sound which means the alarm is disarmed. Then I start the engine and run. After a while, the central lock works again. Then I park the car and lock it, it works. I try to unlock it. It does not work.
What I thought is that, if the chip does not recognized, I cant arm and disarm and even start the engine. If the vacuum pump does not work, i don't think the central lock can work.
Does the battery voltage affect the performance of the vacuum pump? I find some forum, it says disconnect battery and yellow fuse is not a good way. Any other thought for my case? Please share your experience.
Thanks.
Old 07-12-2011, 07:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SL600, S600
I recently had a similar issue - when ever the car got cold I had a real issue getting into the car (or starting etc) with the key fob or Keyless Go.

Turns out it’s a common and known issue - it’s the “authentication” computer within the "Ignition switch" you have to change the whole ignition key assembly (the dealer will have to program the unit to your car and keys etc (It can only be performed once).

You can also use a hairdryer on the ignition switch for a few minutes to warm it up - then everything will work ok (and prove the issue is with the ignition key assembly (Computer)).