MBWorld.org Forums

MBWorld.org Forums (https://mbworld.org/forums/)
-   S-Class (W220) (https://mbworld.org/forums/s-class-w220-16/)
-   -   any GOOD quality FM TRANSMITTERS for ipod? (https://mbworld.org/forums/s-class-w220/452875-any-good-quality-fm-transmitters-ipod.html)

jgjk 06-23-2012 12:59 AM

any GOOD quality FM TRANSMITTERS for ipod?

that has little to no buzzing or static?

jnash 06-24-2012 11:59 PM

A better cheap solution is to insert a FM modulator that connected behind the COMAND. It wires up on the coax and injects the music into a preset fm station and when ON disconnects the FM signal from the air.
http://www.neocaraudio.com/cars/2003_MERCEDES_SClass

jgjk 06-25-2012 10:06 AM

Originally Posted by jnash (Post 5254742)
A better cheap solution is to insert a FM modulator that connected behind the COMAND. It wires up on the coax and injects the music into a preset fm station and when ON disconnects the FM signal from the air.
http://www.neocaraudio.com/cars/2003_MERCEDES_SClass

do they have this in the 07 s550?

jnash 06-25-2012 01:41 PM

I am not sure how old you are. Younger people seem to have a warped sense of entitlement and they sometimes need a nudge or two.
I have gone to the trouble to provide you a really good option based on my experience and even looked up the website link to the product. I am not anyone's personal secretary. You can contact them and ask them - surely! LOL. If you look at their website you can dial in your car and year and it will show you the products that match your car.
(I know, you were looking for a yes or a no but sorry I don't know the answer)

jgjk 06-25-2012 02:52 PM

Originally Posted by jnash (Post 5255494)
I am not sure how old you are. Younger people seem to have a warped sense of entitlement and they sometimes need a nudge or two.
I have gone to the trouble to provide you a really good option based on my experience and even looked up the website link to the product. I am not anyone's personal secretary. You can contact them and ask them - surely! LOL. If you look at their website you can dial in your car and year and it will show you the products that match your car.
(I know, you were looking for a yes or a know but sorry I doubt know the answer)

who asked you to be a secretary? there are many members here who know these cars inside and out.

you must be having a bad day so ill let it slide.

Your really good option is NOT what i asked, i asked for an FM transmitter. you must have difficulties reading.

and im literally laughing at your "gone through the trouble comment"

your little paragraph mustve been real intense and diffucult to compose huh?

jnash 06-25-2012 05:00 PM

Sorry, but there is no good FM transmitter. They are all crappy and I kind of indicated that with an reasonable good alternative. Some FM transmitters work well sometimes depending on the location but even they fail at different parts of the city depending local interference in your area.

You were asking me a follow-up question regarding my suggested alternative and you could have simply checked out the website I gave you to get your answer instead of being lazy and asking again. I should have ignored your second question and let you figure it out.

Yes, I am having a bad day and I am sorry to put you on the spot publicly.

By the way, I know mercedes inside and out more than most. Your initial inquiry was generic and has nothing specific about these cars, or specifically an 07 s550 if you think about it.
I hope you are able to contribute sometimes yourself in the future to help others since so far all 17 of your posts have been questions or related to your needs and always asking for help from others. Google is your friend. I am so done helping an ungrateful person.

Skylaw 06-27-2012 12:16 PM

+1 on jnash's response.

Obviously, jgjk, you aren't open to a better solution than the one you asked about. There are NO good FM transmitter solutions. And yes, you should have done your own work to follow up on jnash's recommendation.

You indicate you'd "let it slide" - but instead, you began hurling insults. And it's not just jnash who doesn't choose to be your secretary, and do for you what you could have done easily for yourself. No one else here likes that kind of attitude.

jnash is more patient than I am; my response is STFF.

jgjk 06-27-2012 12:44 PM

Originally Posted by Skylaw (Post 5258706)
+1 on jnash's response.

Obviously, jgjk, you aren't open to a better solution than the one you asked about. There are NO good FM transmitter solutions. And yes, you should have done your own work to follow up on jnash's recommendation.

You indicate you'd "let it slide" - but instead, you began hurling insults. And it's not just jnash who doesn't choose to be your secretary, and do for you what you could have done easily for yourself. No one else here likes that kind of attitude.

jnash is more patient than I am; my response is STFF.

its simple, you dont like my posting then why respond?

next time you can go FO

and i should have posted this in the new s class forum, they are merry bunch

Skylaw 06-27-2012 04:56 PM

I respond because jnash is a valued and very knowledgeable contributor on this and other forums that I participate in, and you showed considerable disrespect to someone who was trying to help you. With your attitudes, those of a petulant child, I cannot see your contributions being worth much at all.

Please follow your own advice about what to do.

hsjn 06-27-2012 07:37 PM

http://images.gasgoo.com/MiMgIzQ5NDk...ransmitter.jpg

Has anyone tried this kind of fm transmitter in facelift model w220? I am asking this because the display close after putting a disc and this transmitter has a cable..

jnash 06-27-2012 08:42 PM

Umm..... I don't think so as it's not a FM transmitter.
The way this type works is that you feed music from an MP3 player using that stereo jack plug and the sound is picked-up on the stereo heads of the tape deck.
Unless your COMAND has a cassette interface then no.
Nice try though! LOL

jnash 06-28-2012 09:59 PM

do they have this in the 07 s550????! Is this the question? Cuz here's the answer if you press on this link that matches a 2007 S class.

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=http%3A%2F%2Fww...ERCEDES_SClass

JDoggery 06-29-2012 01:01 AM

Can you play mp3 cd's? Quality of FM transmitters are not that great. Even hardwired.

MJK5215 07-13-2012 12:31 AM

Originally Posted by jgjk (Post 5252374)
that has little to no buzzing or static?

I believe the early S550s had the option for an iPod connection in the glovebox. Later they came standard. Look for an input on the left side of the glovebox interior. There may be a 3.5 mm female jack, or an actual female usb connection. Either of those will give you a direct connection to the head unit and much better sound verus an FM transmitter. The usb connection will give you iPod control via the car's head unit.If your car is not equipped, the dealer sells a little kit that lets you add the iPod connector.

There is a type of FM transmitter that physically attaches to the antenna input jack and would be a more reliable signal than an over-the-air transmitter.

I recall when I was considering an 07 S550 that they take a standard PCMIA memory card in a front slot. It may also be possible to get a card that acts as an AUX-IN and you could jack the iPod in directly.

xlr8tin 07-22-2012 10:36 PM

What about something for an android? I'm sick of iPod/iPhones.....

Does anyone know if this would work? http://www.neocaraudio.com/cars/2006...S_SClass/AFMV6

FraKctured 07-22-2012 10:45 PM

Originally Posted by jnash (Post 5255812)
Sorry, but there is no good FM transmitter. They are all crappy and I kind of indicated that with an reasonable good alternative. Some FM transmitters work well sometimes depending on the location but even they fail at different parts of the city depending local interference in your area.

+1 on jnash's comments

They're all junk (from a fidelity standpoint, and remember, we're dealing with lower MP3 quality already). Don't waste your money or your time. Find a way to hard wire it in, disconnect the CD player and use the connection for the iPod (I did that on my ML, works great, but have no idea what you would need to do that with your car).

MJK5215 07-23-2012 03:16 PM

Originally Posted by hsjn (Post 5259359)
http://images.gasgoo.com/MiMgIzQ5NDk...ransmitter.jpg

Has anyone tried this kind of fm transmitter in facelift model w220? I am asking this because the display close after putting a disc and this transmitter has a cable..

My 04 has a cassette player in the COMAND unit. When you press "EJECT" the screen prompts you to select a media type (Tape or Disc). If you select TAPE, the screen motors down to expose a cassette slot at the top of the unit.

To prevent the line from the cassette adapter from being pinched when the screen motors back up, I partially opened the back of the COMAND unit and fed the wire out of the top behind the faceplate and then over to the glove box. In the glove box I installed a little Bluetooth audio receiver ($35), and paired it to my iPod. That gave me streaming Bluetooth audio for a little over $50 ( I also ran 12v power to the glovebox for the BT receiver.)

The best cassette adapter is Sony's, in terms of mechanical noise from the cassette deck turning, and audio noise during silence (between tracks). During playback, audio sounds surprisingly good. Given that a "proper" fiber optic iPod integration runs around $800 in parts alone, and doesn't sound significantly better, it's worth a shot.

jamesmount121 08-27-2013 03:23 AM

fm transmitter

According to me itrip auto is best. Because it's contain's large feature and it's cost is less. It's flexible and easy to used like other transmitter. iTrip Auto Universal FM Transmitter lets you send music wirelessly from your portable player to your FM radio, so you can listen on your stereo speaker system. It gets its juice by means of a 12 Volt accessory outlet in your dashboard.

Alan1 08-28-2013 12:16 PM

"Sorry, but there is no good FM transmitter" I agreed with this until I bought a Flexsmart X3 on sale for $40.00. I have been testing it in Houston for 2 weeks and it works very very well. I can now stream Audible and Pandora from my phone. This is the 1st unit I found that really works. Audio quality is shockingly good. Way way better than a cassette adapter. It will also charge your phone and it has mini plugs for input/output. My only complaint is it is white. You can't beat this thing for the money.

ImInPA 08-28-2013 01:12 PM

FM only has a maximum frequency response of 30 Hz - 15 kHz, as opposed to 20 Hz - 20kHz provided by digital means (e.g. Bluetooth, the iPod integration kit, etc.) So, depending on how picky you are about your tunes, an FM transmitter will sound inferior to other methods of connectivity. Good luck!

jamesmount121 09-10-2013 05:15 AM

fm transmitter

Hello All ! i have find recently a new transmitter for i pod are "Griffin iTrip SmartScan FM Transmitter" it's Contain more feature like Compatible with iPod nano 1st, 2nd, and 3rd generation, iPod with color, iPod with video, iPod classic and iPod touch etc.:smash:

Alan1 09-10-2013 12:44 PM

I must recend my above recommendation of the Flexmart X3. I have been using it in my BMW and it works great. Finally tried it in the S500, neither MB radio likes it. The FM won't sync cleanley. So..

There is no Good FM adapter for Mercedes seems to be true, but it is radio related not the device. I will keep the X3 in the Beemer and keep looking for a solution. 2004 is a transition year and Music Streaming may not be easy.

wallyp 09-11-2013 08:15 AM

I suspect that the special windows may be to blame. The adapters work by "broadcasting" the signal on a selected FM frequency. Since the adapter is inside the windows, and the car's antenna is outside, the adapter's signal may be attenuated too much for acceptable performance.

jamesmount121 09-16-2013 01:27 AM

fm transmitter

Hi All !:slap: I know one sites that can solve this types of technical problem.If you people have some technical problem related to transmitter then contact it here :tyson:

DNA47 09-16-2013 02:13 AM

Like other have stated, there's no real good fm transmitter, because you'll always have static depending on where you are, but I usually change station until one works fine. I have 2 transmitter right now, both are cheap (less than 20 bucks) one that I can't remember the name that works great with an scoche (or something like that) AUX cable that i bought from Wal-mart for 18$ (the transmitter itself was like 5$ on sale from an electronic store..) and another one that i bought from Wal mart for $20 (Scoche wireless transmitter) (i think it's sold for $14 in the States) and it works with AAA batteries (no need to plug it in the 12v) that works fine that i'm planning to pair with a Blackberry music gateway (50$ on crackberry.com) so that i can stream my music by way of Bluetooth to my transmitter (so no more cables i'll just put the transmitter and the music gateway in the glove box and pair it with my phone). (BTW the Blackberry music gateway works with everything, not only blackberry phones).