MBWorld.org Forums

MBWorld.org Forums (https://mbworld.org/forums/)
-   S-Class (W220) (https://mbworld.org/forums/s-class-w220-16/)
-   -   My Comand APS 2006 W220 - Questions... (https://mbworld.org/forums/s-class-w220/462556-my-comand-aps-2006-w220-questions.html)

rob_fed 09-05-2012 08:48 PM

My Comand APS 2006 W220 - Questions...

4 Attachment(s)
Today, I took about 15 minutes and removed my comand to see the what type rear connections I have.

I have attached the front, rear, and car side connector photos.

Most of the information about comand upgrades or modes have been related to earlier units.*

Aside from the fiber-optic connections, there are only 3 wires.

pin1-brown
pin2-red/yellow stripe
pin3-gray/black stripe

Does anyone have any information about this unit? Seems like all functionality is via the fiber-optic link. I assume the wires are there for B+, IGN + and GND.*

If I am correct, then are the steering wheel buttons for the VOL+/VOL- and cell phone SEND/END linked to this comand via fiber optics?

Thanks,

Rob

Arnoldo Lezama 06-26-2017 01:52 PM

Originally Posted by rob_fed (Post 5347228)
Today, I took about 15 minutes and removed my comand to see the what type rear connections I have.

I have attached the front, rear, and car side connector photos.

Most of the information about comand upgrades or modes have been related to earlier units.*

Aside from the fiber-optic connections, there are only 3 wires.

pin1-brown
pin2-red/yellow stripe
pin3-gray/black stripe

Does anyone have any information about this unit? Seems like all functionality is via the fiber-optic link. I assume the wires are there for B+, IGN + and GND.*

If I am correct, then are the steering wheel buttons for the VOL+/VOL- and cell phone SEND/END linked to this comand via fiber optics?

Thanks,

Rob

Hi Rob,

I know it's been a while, but I'm trying to update my head unit on my 2006 s500. I have the exact same harness (2 fiber optics plus 3 cables). Did you ever figure out what those cables do?:confused:

rob_fed 06-26-2017 10:51 PM

Hi, For the 3 wire connector, you are correct regarding the B+, IGN+ and GND. As for the orange fiber optic cabling, these connect all of the devices connected to the Comand via the MOST network. The steering wheel buttons use the CANBUS, not the MOST fiber optics.

I ended up piggy backing everything to the speaker wires, I did not directly interface to the factory system. It has been a few years now, the cost of the interface adapters seems to be more affordable now.

Russ Ward 10-22-2017 10:48 AM

Originally Posted by rob_fed (Post 7192657)
The steering wheel buttons use the CANBUS, not the MOST fiber optics.

Hi Rob,

So EXACTLY how did you physically connect your aftermarket head unit to the Mercedes CANBUS system such that the steering wheel controls work?
Or where did you precisely find and connect to the CANBUS wires in your Mercedes?

Thanks,
Russ

rob_fed 10-23-2017 09:57 AM

Originally Posted by Russ Ward (Post 7292593)
Hi Rob,

So EXACTLY how did you physically connect your aftermarket head unit to the Mercedes CANBUS system such that the steering wheel controls work?
Or where did you precisely find and connect to the CANBUS wires in your Mercedes?

Thanks,
Russ

Sorry Russ... This has been a while, but never got the buttons going After some research, the steering wheel buttons are CANBUS wired, nothing to do directly with the fiber-optic connections as I was trying to guess. There are aftermarket interface boxes for the CANBUS, seems that you connect these units to the twisted pairs of wires related tot eh CAN signals you want to control. This how far I got but never pursued further.

I don't have the Comand head unit or use the stock MOST Bose amp any more. I did end up only using the stock speaker wires and speakers.