MBWorld.org Forums

MBWorld.org Forums (https://mbworld.org/forums/)
-   S-Class (W220) (https://mbworld.org/forums/s-class-w220-16/)
-   -   2 Error codes and 5 Pending error codes P0500 P0705 (https://mbworld.org/forums/s-class-w220/634624-2-error-codes-5-pending-error-codes-p0500-p0705.html)

cybertronicify 08-12-2016 01:56 AM

2 Error codes and 5 Pending error codes P0500 P0705

1 Attachment(s)
I need help please. I'm on a road trip that is nearly 3000 miles. I got the car all tuned up and ready for it prior to this trip. However, 1000 miles into the trip I got this error code. P0500 and P0705. They show up as real codes and 5 other pending codes. When the problem first occured, the speedometer display shows PRE SAFE INACTIVE, SEE OWNER'S MANUAL. Then when I tried to drive off. The car stayed in what seems to be 2nd gear. 40mph at 3000 rpm. I also noticed that the gear display that is next to the clock is empty. Nothing there, just like when you disconnect the battery. I drove down the mountain in limp mode 2nd gear cruising at 35 mph. When I got to the bottom, I had to ask directions to the nearest dealership thinking that there is a big tranny problem. Once I got back to my car, the car fired up perfectly drove like it should, but with a CHECK ENGINE LIGHT. While I was driving 60mph at 2000 rpm, I had my passenger search up the code, and tada, 7 codes..... Since the car was able to be driven, I drove it for nearly 200 miles, but with one caveat... its stuck in 4th gear :smash: at 80mph the engine is at 3000 rpm, which signifies that its in 4th gear, not 5th. 5G Tronic here. When I got to a gas station, I had to back up, and I found out it will not shift out of neutral/drive. I, put it in neutral and took my foot off the brake and viola, its in reverse. Just the reverse gear isnt engaged, even when the gear display shows DS (Drive Sport).:smash::smash::smash::smash: I cycled it to park then back to reverse and BANG, reverse gear is engaged... What is wrong with my car? I'm completely puzzled. Please help as there is still 2000 miles to go and im 1000 miles away from home. Thank you soo much for reading this LONNNG post.

After parking it for 30 minutes, I went back to attempt to clear the codes, I scanned it and it said. 0 fault codes. What??? CEL is still on....

Plutoe 08-12-2016 07:59 AM

That cheap scanner can't read the transmission faults(07XX)-find a place that can read and your gear issues will be solved.

Regarding the o2 sensor--change the sensor and get on with your trip!!

cybertronicify 08-15-2016 01:56 AM

So I decided to just start throwing parts at it. Starting from the cheapest. Transmission oil, I bought it dipstick from autozone and the oil barely registers on the stick. its just a tad below the LOW mark for 20C. This is with a car that has just finished driving 200 miles. Yes the car engine was running. So It seems like it makes sense that when I let the car sit for a little bit, the car works flawlessly. Now I would like to solve this problem before moving on, so where can I get some transmission oil? Which one should I put?

tusabes 08-15-2016 04:27 AM

Atf134

kraut56 08-15-2016 10:07 AM

3000 @ 80mph doesnt sound much off for 5th.
select 4th, then back into D and see the difference.

The low tranny oil should fix most; O2 sensor will not prevent car from driving.

Bonne route!

cybertronicify 08-16-2016 10:16 AM

Thank you all for your help. I measured the oil 10 more time, and 3 of the times I get no oil. 7 of the times I get oil to the metal. Way above the MAX of 80C. I gave in and took it to a Mech with SDS. He scanned it. ETC says CANBUS data from ESM is implausible. Then ESM says input is implausible. So now the problem resides inside the shifter module...

I also called the mechanic that changed my tranny oil and filter and gasket a year ago. He said he purposely overfilled the oil because its good for the transmission. He has done it for the last 15 years. Hes a certified mbz mech.

Is there a quick fix or a known problem with the ESM? Thank you all

BTW, the O2 sensors from SDS says it was a stored fault, but not confirmed. So its a fluke. They cleared it and it never came back.