S-Class (W220) 1999-2006: S 320 CDI, S 320, S430, S 500, S 600

"Fixed" squeaking creaking suspension bushings/ joints - solution?

Old 06-19-2017, 04:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2003 s430 4m
"Fixed" squeaking creaking suspension bushings/ joints - solution?

So I had a squeaking/ creaking driver side upper control arm and I took to the internet for answers. I ended up spraying it very liberally with Motomaster Silicone Lube. The bottle advertised the following:

- stops squeaks, lubricates all moving parts
- prevents sticking and corrosion
- protects rubber mouldings and weather stripping

Well the cringy noise went away and I mean it was bad, loud, happened often. I did the application over 7 months ago with over 10k miles and still quiet. Now I did not technically fix the problem but perhaps with this treatment an actual replacement could be put off indefinitely?

Earlier today I came across this youtube video:

The video explains how AT 205 Reseal when sprayed on all the joints and bushings gets soaked into into the rubber and gets "rejuvenated". I'm guessing its like moisturizing your skin but for rubber? Now I have read that wd-40 and other petroleum based products will do the opposite and destroy the rubber as they displace moisture.

Further more I am wondering about the use of such lubes as preventative maintenance. My understanding is that these ball joints and bushings fail as the rubber cracks. If the spry is like a moisturizer then occasional applications to said parts would keep them nice a moist and long lasting?

I do not see any wide consensus online about this and have not seen it mentioned on these forums. If someone is having and suspension squeaking then I think this is worth a try. I'm planing on giving all the rubber a spray.

Any thoughts or successes?