2001 S430 - cluster bulbs out?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-14-2018, 11:03 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2001 S430
2001 S430 - cluster bulbs out?

Hey all,

I have a bit of an oddity going on at the moment. My high beams and turn signals both work properly. However, when I'm using them, they don't illuminate on the dash themselves. I can't hear the "tick tick tick" when I signal, and the lights don't light up in the cluster, so to speak. I still get the SRS light, and have also had the ABS light turn on for me on startup.

I've checked fuses 20, 21, and 22, and none of them have blown. I've also pulled the bulbs out, and leaving them in their holders, I still have continuity across the bulbs. I haven't dealt with these bulbs before and am not sure if I can actually separate them from the holders and test/replace them individually. However, based upon the fact that they all went out at once, I'd guess something somewhere else in the chain went.

Has anyone encountered such a problem before? I'm at a little bit of a loss on this one. I do have the standard "cluster lights out; replace the MOSFET and transformer" issue, but I'm not sure if the two would be related, as I don't know if those transistors drive the lights other than the fluorescent tubes. Any help anyone could provide would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for your time.