S-Class (W220) 1999-2006: S 320 CDI, S 320, S430, S 500, S 600

Help w220

Old 09-29-2018, 09:03 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
W220 S class
Help w220

So, i have a 2000 w220 s430 and it has developed this strange problem. The key won't turn in the ignition, after spending 5 minute trying to turn the key it eventually does turn ant takes a while for the car to start. Once it does start most of the electronics dissappear (heated seats, windows, parking sensors, sun roof, air con etc...) the car idles very rough and the radiator fan kicks in. Also when the car starts i can't put it in to a gear. I can hear this clicking sound coming from the back and when it does click the electrics cut out. I've spoken with few people and some say its could be steering lock but I've heard that w220 didn't have esl???? Or other say it could be the key? Now the end of the key whete the sonsor is is slightly chipped and i can see inside it so could it be that? Any help or suggestions would be highly appreciated.
DRIVE ON AND BE SAFE!
Old 09-29-2018, 10:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 472 Likes on 419 Posts
Mercedes
Originally Posted by Domw220
So, i have a 2000 w220 s430 and it has developed this strange problem. The key won't turn in the ignition, after spending 5 minute trying to turn the key it eventually does turn ant takes a while for the car to start. Once it does start most of the electronics dissappear (heated seats, windows, parking sensors, sun roof, air con etc...) the car idles very rough and the radiator fan kicks in. Also when the car starts i can't put it in to a gear. I can hear this clicking sound coming from the back and when it does click the electrics cut out. I've spoken with few people and some say its could be steering lock but I've heard that w220 didn't have esl???? Or other say it could be the key? Now the end of the key whete the sonsor is is slightly chipped and i can see inside it so could it be that? Any help or suggestions would be highly appreciated.
DRIVE ON AND BE SAFE!
not the key it’s your anti theft set which is the the ignition switch , ecu, key and shifter . They must be replaced as matched set from a donor car - if all 4 parts aren’t taken from the same donor car it won’t work . They sell match sets on eBay for about $350 or you can find a car being parted out just be sure the ecu has the same part number as yours

also has there been rain recently ? Pull up your rear seat bottom and look for wet SAM module
Old 11-29-2018, 09:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2006 Mercedes s500
numerous issues

I had my EIS checked and replaced after exhibiting several issues. Go to an indy that is good with electrical diagnostics and have him check the EIS and there is a fuse #15 that they check also.