S-Class (W220) 1999-2006: S 320 CDI, S 320, S430, S 500, S 600

Aftermarket air ride setups

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-15-2018, 11:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2005 S500
Aftermarket air ride setups

Just wondering if anyone has swapped over to aftermarket airride on the w220 while keeping the OEM struts, either entirely or swapping the bags. Aftermarket compressor/management system from something like accuair or bagriders? This is the first car I've ever had with factory air ride and would like to try to take advantage of that, more so than with just lowering links or STAR. Seems like most of the components are starting to fail for a majority of owners due to the age of the cars now so would seem like an opportune time to swap over to aftermarket.

I was thinking if you retain the oem struts just swapping out the nipples to bump them up to 1/4 or 3/8 and then running everything to the trunk.

Here's an S63 with accuair setup

trunk setup in an audi without spare

I've seen this kit for just coils, but have not seen any info on anyone actually installing it or anything

https://www.vividracing.com/airrex-s...150842237.html
Old 11-16-2018, 03:45 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 472 Likes on 419 Posts
Mercedes
A forum member built something called KangAIRroo which was a manually controlled modification to the oem system

an air matic Benz is the best car to bag as it comes with oem air struts it just needed a manual height controller
Old 11-16-2018, 04:40 PM

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts
2001 S600 Lorinser Body Kit & W215 Front-End Conversion
There is a company called AirTekk based off NYC that does aftermarket air ride setups for the W220s. You can check out their Instagram where they did one for a W220 S500 with full air suspension. The owner who had it done on his S500 claims it was a direct fit meaning the company did all the measurements and built a kit using I think Air Lift components. I contacted them and inquired and they said yes, they build a kit specifically for the W220s. And their price was very competitive. I'm planning on getting them for my 01 S600 as my car already had the ABC swapped out for Strutmasters. I also contacted AirLift earlier if they make a kit for the W220 body. They said that I would have to order their custom kit and fill in the measurement details myself. Anyways, check them out and shoot them a message or call them to get all the details. If you do, feel free to post a followup. Here is the S500 on their kit: instagram.com/p/BppQPeVHf4h/
Old 11-18-2018, 12:24 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2005 S500
Originally Posted by shooffnyc
There is a company called AirTekk based off NYC that does aftermarket air ride setups for the W220s. You can check out their Instagram where they did one for a W220 S500 with full air suspension. The owner who had it done on his S500 claims it was a direct fit meaning the company did all the measurements and built a kit using I think Air Lift components. I contacted them and inquired and they said yes, they build a kit specifically for the W220s. And their price was very competitive. I'm planning on getting them for my 01 S600 as my car already had the ABC swapped out for Strutmasters. I also contacted AirLift earlier if they make a kit for the W220 body. They said that I would have to order their custom kit and fill in the measurement details myself. Anyways, check them out and shoot them a message or call them to get all the details. If you do, feel free to post a followup. Here is the S500 on their kit: instagram.com/p/BppQPeVHf4h/
That looks like an awesome on that s500 and doesn't seem terribly priced for a set of 4 new. I was talking about doing even less work than that though, just swapping out the nipples of the OEM struts and installing a new compressor and pump in the trunk with new management via Bluetooth or switches. But that direct fit option for new struts looks real good.
Old 04-16-2021, 05:55 AM

Received 45 Likes on 42 Posts
S55
This instead of ABC? I think so.