S-Class (W220) 1999-2006: S 320 CDI, S 320, S430, S 500, S 600

Airmatic Pump Not Engaging, But Pump Works!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-04-2019, 01:58 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
s550 2008
Smile Airmatic Pump Not Engaging, But Pump Works!!

Hey guys so i have sort of a problem with me s430 W220 2001. I am getting the visit workshop message for my suspension on the dash but the vehicle doesnt drop in height it has been parked for weeks now and has not dropped. but the issue it that it also doesn't rise on its own or with the inside raise button. What can the the issue be? i have tested the fuse the relay and given 12V DC to the compressor pump they are all good. I checked all the connectors going to the pump and valve assembly and all the connectors and cables are good. what can the issue be. I would take it into a shop and get the computer diagnostic to tell me what the issue may be but at the moment the car has no insurance and front bumper is removed so i cannot drive it to the shop. I was hoping someone here might know the issue ?? In order to raise the car with the button what sensors or components need to be working. I have had issues with airmatic visit workshop on my previous mercedes and it never stopped me from raising the car from the inside. no mater what the issue was the pump would still engage and car would rise to its full ability. but not in this case. Any help or where to look would be greatly appreciated.
Old 01-06-2019, 01:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 32 Likes on 30 Posts
'00 S320 W220, '98 A160 W168/ sold in 2005 '86 260 E W124 '90 260E W124
You still have the original compressor? If the pressure and/or the air amount is insufficient, the "raise Button" does not work, and the compressor runs in time overflow and the failures message will show. You can check the pressure by disconnecting the air supply line (Compressor-valve Block) from the valve block and attach a manometer. They bridge the compressor relay, and let the compressor run, until the the pressure rises to about 13-15 bar. Then, electrically, disconnect the compressor and let it sit for about 1h, and the pressure should not significantly drop (~12bar)
Old 08-30-2020, 07:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2002 W220 S320cdi
w220 Compressor not engaging

hi am getting the same problem I bridge realy pump comes on but it won't come on on its own changed pump already and relay checked all fuses im engine bay changed 1 shock that I suspected was bad.
What solved your problem.