S-Class (W221) 2007-2013: S 320 CDI, S 350, S 450, S 500, S 550, S 420 CDI, S 600

Visor Airbag warning sticker melted onto the visor

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-21-2006, 02:10 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Visor Airbag warning sticker melted onto the visor

As most of you must know, there is a very annoying airbag warning sticker on the front passenger’s visor of our vehicles. Today I tried to remove the sticker off my 2 week old S500 and discovered that the adhesive of the sticker had melted onto the cloth of my visor.

Obviously it is close to impossible to remove. Does anyone know of any way to remove the adhesive or should I just bring it back to the dealer?

BTW the only MB dealer in my country (Hong Kong) is probably one of the worst worldwide. They delivered my new car with dirty stain marks and when I complained the salesman said I should wash my own car and if I want it re-washed it will take a week.
Old 06-21-2006, 06:24 AM

Received 54 Likes on 34 Posts
2009 S550 4Matic 2009 GL 550 2009 AM DBS
In the states we have a product caled Goof-off and it will remove any stcky residue. I beleive rubbing alcohol or nail polish remover will work as well.
Old 06-21-2006, 01:00 PM

'07 S550, '03 FXDWG
Originally Posted by B-HQC
Today I tried to remove the sticker off my 2 week old S500 and discovered that the adhesive of the sticker had melted onto the cloth of my visor.
I believe the sticker is intentionally melted onto the visor at the factory. Your only solution may be to replace the visor with a non-stickered visor. Good luck!
Old 06-21-2006, 01:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
2011 E350 Cabriolet..White and Almond Mocha
Originally Posted by JAdmiral
I believe the sticker is intentionally melted onto the visor at the factory. Your only solution may be to replace the visor with a non-stickered visor. Good luck!
The first thing I did when I sat in the car in the Delivery Room was remove the stickers on the sun visors. It comes off very easily and does not even leave a mark.
Old 06-21-2006, 09:02 PM

'07 S550, '03 FXDWG
Originally Posted by Nevada Jack
The first thing I did when I sat in the car in the Delivery Room was remove the stickers on the sun visors. It comes off very easily and does not even leave a mark.
I've always hesitated pulling on those things, because if you realize it won't come off without leaving damage behind, then you have a sticker with one corner bent down. No amount of beinding back will fix it.

Any tips? Maybe heating with a dryer?
Old 06-21-2006, 09:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
2011 E350 Cabriolet..White and Almond Mocha
Originally Posted by JAdmiral
I've always hesitated pulling on those things, because if you realize it won't come off without leaving damage behind, then you have a sticker with one corner bent down. No amount of beinding back will fix it.

Any tips? Maybe heating with a dryer?
Can't help J...I think a dryer would cause more problems. When it is new it just peels like an orange...leaving no residue at all. But I guess his got really warm and the glue melted.