S-Class (W221) 2007-2013: S 320 CDI, S 350, S 450, S 500, S 550, S 420 CDI, S 600

Phone Questions...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-18-2007, 06:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Phone Questions...

Hello, my uncle has an S63, Sl55, and GL450 and he is having some bluetooth problems.

He currently has the T-Mobile Blackberry 8800. He is unable to connect is phone to all 3 cars. He just got the S63 and he was previously able to connect the phone with the Sl and GL. He has seperate bluetooth modules for all cars.

When he tries to connect the phone to the third car, he gets an error message on the phone and then it freezes.

My question, is there a limit to how many bluetooth modules you can have connected to a phone. Remember he has 3 different modules, 1 per car, and they all have a different number.

As anyone else experienced any problems or no anyone with a similar problem, connecting more than one phone.

Thanks for your help, its much appreciated.
Old 06-19-2007, 05:05 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 299 Likes on 250 Posts
223.168 & 213.012 & 906.633 & 214.005
Originally Posted by timmys4
Hello, my uncle has an S63, Sl55, and GL450 and he is having some bluetooth problems.

He currently has the T-Mobile Blackberry 8800. He is unable to connect is phone to all 3 cars. He just got the S63 and he was previously able to connect the phone with the Sl and GL. He has seperate bluetooth modules for all cars.

When he tries to connect the phone to the third car, he gets an error message on the phone and then it freezes.

My question, is there a limit to how many bluetooth modules you can have connected to a phone. Remember he has 3 different modules, 1 per car, and they all have a different number.

As anyone else experienced any problems or no anyone with a similar problem, connecting more than one phone.

Thanks for your help, its much appreciated.
The phone should accept pairing with a very high number of devices. It should not matter if those devices are BT headsets of MB BT pucks or other. How many other devices have you (or he) paired so far with the Blackberry?

Anyway as the phone freezes, it is clearly a phone bug and you should get it solved by updating the phone SW (or changing to a different phone brand).
Old 06-19-2007, 03:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks, he has paired many other devices, probably around 5. But he seems to just have problems with the benz.

He figured out that, the exact same phone as him connects to all 3 cars, so the phone must be his problem.

Thanks