MBWorld.org Forums

MBWorld.org Forums (https://mbworld.org/forums/)
-   S-Class (W221) (https://mbworld.org/forums/s-class-w221-74/)
-   -   2010 S Class on MBUSA (https://mbworld.org/forums/s-class-w221/311654-2010-s-class-mbusa.html)

hayden 08-10-2009 07:26 PM

2010 S Class on MBUSA

http://www.mbusa.com/mercedes/#/vehi...vc=S&vmf=S550V

JonMBZ 08-10-2009 07:32 PM

Saw one at my dealer today. Didn't take a good look at it though.

MR.J 08-10-2009 09:07 PM

so the 2010 is different just bc it has new headlights and taillights with L.E.D's ???

sound like a waste of money ....

but **** it still looks hella sick

trumpet1 08-10-2009 10:45 PM

Thanks for the update. Just for fun, I "built" one on that site where I ended up adding $24000 of accessories and packages. One side of the page says the base is $91K, the add-on's were $24,000, so the total should have been around $115,000. However, on the summary page it quoted the base price as $147K!!!! for a total of nearly $172,000.
The "build your car feature" seems to have a glitch.

Anyway, as far as the new features, I finally conclude I do like the new exterior mirrors, I do like the new pointed grille, I LOVE the new headlights, I do like the added woodgrain in the console, (however, I can see that getting scratched easily), I love the video monitors for the rear passengers, the lane departure thing is nice but I find that I'd rarely need this as I am always alert so I find this probably as useless as night vision.

I like the improvements to the nav.
I like the small improvements in the layout and design of the steering wheel.
Wheel choices are "so-so".

I do NOT care for the LED foglights but I love the dual round ones, unfortunately , the sport package has it reversed from what I would choose.

I prefer the old taillights over the new ones.

I really like the blind spot assist and adaptive high beam features (only a speculation since I have neither on my car) .

As I've said many times, distronic is the best technology on our cars so that is definitely a go for me.

I also love the new tail pipes.

Like I said, when I spec'ed out a 550, it hit $115K in order to get it loaded like an S600 which is why I just went ahead and got a 600.

Now: would I trade what I have for it? No. Too much of a hit for me!

hdtv22 08-10-2009 10:53 PM

Originally Posted by trumpet1 (Post 3664037)
Thanks for the update. Just for fun, I "built" one on that site where I ended up adding $24000 of accessories and packages. One side of the page says the base is $91K, the add-on's were $24,000, so the total should have been around $115,000. However, on the summary page it quoted the base price as $147K!!!! for a total of nearly $172,000.
The "build your car feature" seems to have a glitch.

Anyway, as far as the new features, I finally conclude I do like the new exterior mirrors, I do like the new pointed grille, I LOVE the new headlights, I do like the added woodgrain in the console, (however, I can see that getting scratched easily), I love the video monitors for the rear passengers, the lane departure thing is nice but I find that I'd rarely need this as I am always alert so I find this probably as useless as night vision.

I like the improvements to the nav.
I like the small improvements in the layout and design of the steering wheel.
Wheel choices are "so-so".

I do NOT care for the LED foglights but I love the dual round ones, unfortunately , the sport package has it reversed from what I would choose.

I prefer the old taillights over the new ones.

I really like the blind spot assist and adaptive high beam features (only a speculation since I have neither on my car) .

As I've said many times, distronic is the best technology on our cars so that is definitely a go for me.

I also love the new tail pipes.

Like I said, when I spec'ed out a 550, it hit $115K in order to get it loaded like an S600 which is why I just went ahead and got a 600.

Now: would I trade what I have for it? No. Too much of a hit for me!

I think the differences are too subtle to warrant me trading in my S - The car is basically the same w/new headlights, taillights, a grill, and an exhaust. Now, that would be a seller, but the fact that the big difference is that they are LED, well, I think ill stick with the 63 - I can see just fine 100% of the time

Front is sharp though

hayden 08-10-2009 10:58 PM

Also, ABC doesn't show as an option on the S550 build page. It is available though...

trumpet1 08-10-2009 10:59 PM

Originally Posted by hdtv22 (Post 3664049)
I think the differences are too subtle to warrant me trading in my S - The car is basically the same w/new headlights, taillights, a grill, and an exhaust. Now, that would be a seller, but the fact that the big difference is that they are LED, well, I think ill stick with the 63 - I can see just fine 100% of the time

Front is sharp though

Agreed. The only thing this 2010 hasthat I miss was a feature that was added on the 08s and 09s and that is the blind spot assist. That is probably the only thing I wish I had on my car that I don't have now.

WSH 08-10-2009 11:54 PM

Though I have no need for a sedan (or even a backseat), I seriously considered getting a '10 S65

Unfortunately, '10 CL65 will not get all the latest tech of '10 S65...stuff like DirectSteer, new ABC, TqVectoring ESP, more advanced DistPlus/BrakeAssist, etc etc

Presumably, the '11 S65 Coupe (arriving in Spr10) will get all this tech and a few more tech features

Cosmetic changes means nothing to me; I'm more curious about the new chassis dynamics tech and more advanced active safety tech....IMO, '10 S65 is easily world's highest-tech car; it's always fun exploring the superb engineering these latest MBs have, esp how this latest tech performs in real world

BTW, trumpet, BlindSpotAssist is a well-engineered feature (w/rare false positives), useful as another layer of active safety, even for an alert, capable driver in any routine urban/suburban driving

AsianML 08-10-2009 11:57 PM

Originally Posted by hdtv22 (Post 3664049)

Front is sharp though

Uh, well, that's why they call it a facelift.

jeffreyy 08-11-2009 04:35 AM

Originally Posted by trumpet1 (Post 3664059)
Agreed. The only thing this 2010 hasthat I miss was a feature that was added on the 08s and 09s and that is the blind spot assist. That is probably the only thing I wish I had on my car that I don't have now.

Trumpet, Steve @ MBenzNL added BSA to my S class.