MBWorld.org Forums

MBWorld.org Forums (https://mbworld.org/forums/)
-   S-Class (W221) (https://mbworld.org/forums/s-class-w221-74/)
-   -   Reset service schedule w221 (https://mbworld.org/forums/s-class-w221/467725-reset-service-schedule-w221.html)

tonykharper 10-20-2012 03:36 PM

Reset service schedule w221

Can someone tell me how to reset the service schedule.

I have a message that Service C is overdue 38 days. The car was serviced by a local shop that did not reset the interval.

I can get into the Assyst Plus menu but the down arrow key will not move to any options.

Help please!

Tony

TDwayne69 10-20-2012 03:50 PM

1 Attachment(s)
This should help you.

tonykharper 10-20-2012 05:05 PM

Originally Posted by TDwayne69 (Post 5401762)
This should help you.

TDwayne69,

Thanks but I've tried this about 20 times and I can get to the Assyst Plus menu but not the "workshop menu. It just will not come up.

Any ideas, anyone?

Tony

TDwayne69 10-20-2012 05:11 PM

Whenever I need to reset mine I have key inserted if you don't have it. Also make sure you're the right button on the steering wheels.

marthyh 10-20-2012 06:36 PM

Yes , you have to be very quick pushing the consecutive buttons as its only within 1 second..

phatisfy 10-20-2012 10:06 PM

tonykharper 10-21-2012 12:01 AM

Originally Posted by phatisfy (Post 5402119)

Thanks guys. I tried it 20 times and it didn't work. Perhaps I was too slow pressing the buttons, but on the next try after watching this video it worked.

Thanks for the help.

Tony

phatisfy 10-21-2012 12:35 AM

Originally Posted by tonykharper (Post 5402214)
Thanks guys. I tried it 20 times and it didn't work. Perhaps I was too slow pressing the buttons, but on the next try after watching this video it worked.

Thanks for the help.

Tony

:y

NuMBS500er 10-21-2012 06:24 PM

Great video, thank you.

Diesel Benz 10-22-2012 04:01 AM

Originally Posted by tonykharper (Post 5402214)

Thanks for the help.

Tony

Are you sure you did not have the engine hood or the trunk lid open while trying to reset it? I cannot remember if doors also need to be closed. I think one of these is missing from the Startek guide.

phatisfy 10-22-2012 09:38 AM

Originally Posted by Diesel Benz (Post 5403281)
Are you sure you did not have the engine hood or the trunk lid open while trying to reset it? I cannot remember if doors also need to be closed. I think one of these is missing from the Startek guide.

You're correct. Doors must be closed. I tried this with my doors open and it didn't work.

tonykharper 10-22-2012 10:13 AM

Originally Posted by Diesel Benz (Post 5403281)

I know the hood and truck lid were closed but I may have had a door open. When I got it to work I'm sure everything was shut.

You gotta wonder why they would have programmed this thing to only work with everything closed. But who am I to question the engineers?

Tony

RajwanyS550 07-03-2013 12:12 AM

I have tried this on my 2013 s550, but did not work. Is there another way to reset on newer models.

tusabes 09-21-2017 07:13 PM

Originally Posted by RajwanyS550 (Post 5700771)
I have tried this on my 2013 s550, but did not work. Is there another way to reset on newer models.

I had to try it about 20 times also , you have to press both buttons at exactly the right time

just keep trying pressing them at the same time and holding and eventually it will work

Wong K Chai 09-27-2018 07:45 AM

Originally Posted by phatisfy (Post 5402119)

ZeeVert 12-24-2018 02:44 PM

Here is the YouTube link that I found to reset the Service Alert:
It is almost correct...
I tried this dozens of times on my 2012 S550 without working. Then I got a couple ideas from a C-class video on youtube. I think there are a couple clues missing in this otherwise excellent video. You start by hitting the start button once - momentarily. (The car does NOT start) Clear any messages by hitting OK. (Such as the message that says you need to do Service.) Make sure you are on the Odometer screen; as shown in the video. If you are not, scroll up/down to get to the screen as shown. Then, the main problem for me was touching the two buttons.... Press/hold the PHONE button first, then quickly press/hold the OK button. (You only wait 1/2 a second between the presses.) Hold both buttons for a few seconds, until the screen changes as shown on the video. (hold for 2-3 seconds.) Then follow the rest of the video instructions.

So,
The problem is the button timing.
It's not the window being up or down, open the trunk lid, or flash the lights, run around the car twice, or any other old wife's tale.
I think that people do this other stuff, and then just happen to get the button timing right.

daveymo 12-31-2018 06:32 PM

Search for solutions and product information by daveymo

Well on my car's odometer screen, a 2010 s550 4matic w/221 bodystyle repeatedly, I have used the instructions from all the members of the forum, to try and clear the screens "C" service message, and I have had no luck. So I thought I would see if the dealer would reset it for me at no charge-wrong-they get between $45-60 for this service. If that isn't a ripoff, I just couldn't believe the lack of courtesy services from these people, and then they wonder why you tell them you will find someone cheaper, as if 140 to 160 usd. per hour isn't enough, and spending 105,500 usd . on the car plus all the maintenance if that isn't enough, they still find any way they can to gouge the consumer-but, I am new to owning this car, it drives and rides great and is really like no other car I have ever had in my life--so I guess you get what you pay for and they make you pay one way or another, for what you need. But, thankfully, I found an honest and reliable shop, and they will install after market parts-when I did my brakes I used Brembo rotors, and I felt like after all the research, they were one of the best--and they are very reasonable on ebay, from newparts.com,in Nashville,TN...they mixed up my brake pads order, and I was not too happy about that but, things happened, which were out of their control..but thermal quiet front pads by wagoner and mbz pads on the rears worked out great...I was wondering how the euro pads with mostly ceramic are working for the folks with these cars...seem to be quiet, and clean, but not so great when outside ambients are extremely cold. As well as the mbz agm batteries, are they any better than Interstate-which is my go to, any thoughts would be nice to hear about, also I am looking for a rear digital controller in the dark burl wood, for the rear of my console for a good price as new is tight on the budget, all because the last push button got knocked off by a foot or cleaning before I purchased the car and MBZ does not sell push buttons-thanks daveymo and Happy 2019 to one and all

konigstiger 01-01-2019 11:35 AM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by daveymo (Post 7642683)
I have used the instructions from all the members of the forum, to try and clear the screens "C" service message, and I have had no luck.

Have not read the instructions previously posted in this thread, try this.

ZeeVert 10-12-2019 05:22 PM

Time to do it again

I got my next Service Message... completed the service, of course, and it was time to reset the service light/message.
This the 4th? time I've done it on this car. So, it should be simple.
I video recorded it... several times, because I couldn't get to the freaking ASSYST option.
Finally successful. The critical item appears to be that the ignition must be ON and you must be on the ODOMETER screen

My video's not done, but here is the best one I've seen so far.
reference YouTube video:

Anyway, I wrote down the instructions one more time, for my 2012 S550 W221 4matic:

Reset the Service Warning on a 2012 Mercedes S550

The car is off. I did it with the door closed, but I don't think it matters.
Do NOT press the brake pedal. Push the start button momentarily. (The car does NOT start.)
The dash lights up

Clear any messages by hitting OK. (Such as the message that says you need to do Service.)

Make sure you are on the Odometer screen; as shown in the video. (not the trip screen)
If you are not, scroll up/down to get to the screen as shown in the video.

Press/hold the PHONE pick-up button first.
Then quickly press/hold the OK button. (You only wait 1/2 a second between the presses.)
Hold both buttons for a few seconds (2-3 seconds), until the screen changes as shown on the video.
"Vehicle Data" pops up.

Press the scroll DOWN twice to "ASSYST PLUS Workshop"
Press OK button
"Dealer Code" pops up.

Press scroll DOWN twice to "Service Done"
Press OK button
"Service due" pops up

Press OK button
"Full service" pops up

Press OK button
"Oil Quality... " pops up

Press OK button
"Service done" pops up

Press the scroll DOWN button once to "YES"
Press OK button
"Services due" pops up (You're done!!)

Press the START button momentarily once or twice to "shut off" the car. (it was never started)

Open the door to clear the screen.
Close the door

Start the car to confirm the Service message is cleared.

Veldman 2019 10 12

Will Vincent 12-07-2021 07:45 PM

Originally Posted by tonykharper (Post 5401824)
TDwayne69,

Thanks but I've tried this about 20 times and I can get to the Assyst Plus menu but not the "workshop menu. It just will not come up.

Any ideas, anyone?

Tony

This is way late to reply to this ancient post but I just ran into this yesterday. I could not get to the menu with the drivers door open... Not sure if this is part of the process, but for me had to have drivers door closed and followed the instructions worked 1st time... hope it helps someone :)