S-Class (W221) 2007-2013: S 320 CDI, S 350, S 450, S 500, S 550, S 420 CDI, S 600

Where is 2007 MB S 500 second battery ?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-13-2015, 08:29 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MB S500
Where is 2007 MB S 500 second battery ?

Can anyone explain where exactly the second battery located in this crappy MB model.

I know of the Starter Battery, location - engine bay, in clear sight. And it is indeed mentioned in the owner's manual, under "battery". But I am really puzzled, shocked, that the garbage tech guys at MB factory, did not feel the need to illustrate or clearly mention where the damn is the 2nd battery in the trunk area!!

The manual does say there is 'a' second battery located in the trunk, but where exactly inside trunk. Nothing.

The hell with MB. Will not allow anyone in family to purchase MB again.

Note: Car, not mine, it's for an old uncle. Has 40k miles. According to invoices from MB service center. Both batteries replaced couple years ago, at cost $400+ bucks.

I won't take it to the bastaards at MB. Rather source batteries from other manufacturers, and hopefully find private garage that will re-program the system on this piece of crap (told one needs to reprogram, every time, batteries replaced)!

* Sorry the sense of anger. I would take any kind of errors/mistakes by auto manufacturers books/manuals, etc.. But this is beyond comprehension: major name like MB, expensive automobile, yet no explanation or image illustration, whatever, on where batteries are on the vehicle
Old 06-14-2015, 07:14 AM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
2003 S500 4Matic (SOLD) + 2004 S55 (SOLD) 2005 CLK 500 Cabriolet 2008 S 450
Please contain your enthusiasm for this fine marque
Old 06-14-2015, 05:47 PM

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
2009 S550
Maybe you should just sell the car and get a nice Mitsubishi Diamante. The battery is located in the engine bay on those
Old 06-14-2015, 07:19 PM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
2010 S550 4Matic
If you don't have money to take it to the dealer, don't buy MB and tell you family to take a ****ing bus.
Old 06-15-2015, 03:24 AM

MB S500
Originally Posted by justinmorrison
Maybe you should just sell the car and get a nice Mitsubishi Diamante. The battery is located in the engine bay on those
Old 06-15-2015, 03:25 AM

MB S500
Originally Posted by alexandercat76
If you don't have money to take it to the dealer, don't buy MB and tell you family to take a ****ing bus.
Old 06-15-2015, 07:00 AM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
2003 S500 4Matic (SOLD) + 2004 S55 (SOLD) 2005 CLK 500 Cabriolet 2008 S 450
Post some pictures, I'm currently looking for an S class. If you hate the car so much why not get a car you can enjoy?
Old 06-15-2015, 09:31 AM

MB S500
Originally Posted by mrbobby
Post some pictures, I'm currently looking for an S class. If you hate the car so much why not get a car you can enjoy?
I spent some 30 minutes making a response to your post, then at the click of a button, disappeared!

Sorry, can't spend more time re-writing long post.

But here is the gist of it:

- Car for uncle NOT mine.

- Sorry i had to make MB hater post, in this MB fan forum.

- There is very good reason, why I am now hater of MB. used to love the marque.

* Uncle's car been having huge issues with trans, sudden gear down shifting unprovoked! from after 6 months since purchase new. Was supposedly fixed by MB. Yet this major tech issue still exists and poses danger not just to him, but to other drivers on the road - due to this sudden down gear shifting from 5th or 4th gear to 2nd or 1st gear!! Imagine this happening on a highway!

He was compelled to pay for one fix (bill $6000), when he wasn't supposed to. Fix was of no consequence, as issue still there, forever, I suppose.

Good luck to you all with your toys.

Best. Ciao.
Old 06-16-2015, 09:03 PM

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
2010 E350, 2015 S550
Originally Posted by MBtohell
I spent some 30 minutes making a response to your post, then at the click of a button, disappeared!

* Uncle's car been having huge issues with trans, sudden gear down shifting unprovoked! from after 6 months since purchase new. Was supposedly fixed by MB. Yet this major tech issue still exists and poses danger not just to him, but to other drivers on the road - due to this sudden down gear shifting from 5th or 4th gear to 2nd or 1st gear!! Imagine this happening on a highway!

He was compelled to pay for one fix (bill $6000), when he wasn't supposed to. Fix was of no consequence, as issue still there, forever, I suppose.

Best. Ciao.
Perhaps it is because you are unable to communicate the questions and problems to the dealer clearly, accurately, and rationally.
Old 06-19-2015, 12:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 299 Likes on 250 Posts
223.168 & 213.012 & 906.633 & 214.005
I won't take it to the bastaards at MB. Rather source batteries from other manufacturers, and hopefully find private garage that will re-program the system on this piece of crap (told one needs to reprogram, every time, batteries replaced)!
This is not a BMW, no need to use diagnosis tools when the accessory battery is replaced.

The manual does not explain how to replace the tranny either, changing the battery is a workshop task. You may be qualified to perform these workshop tasks but you are not supposed to find instructions from the car manual, instead subscribe to startekinfo for WIS.

The forum has many photos about the pre-facelift accessory battery, it is placed in front of the trunk panel, the one behind the rear seats. You can remove the pane without tools.

Why do you need to access the battery? Mine is good after 9 years on the W221. If it is just flat, you can charge it from the pole connector at the engine bay.
Old 06-20-2015, 12:56 AM

1999 S500 W140 69K Miles 2013 W221 S550
I love these posts, personally I'll say it this way. While owning an automobile your ALWAYS going to find an issue with them, it's just impossible for a car not to have issues, no matter how much you paid for it. Second of all. You bought the car second hand most likely not knowing what issues the car had, and probably haven't checked all the paper work resulting high amounts of malfunctions which it probably had with is original owner.
Third of all, owning a certain car is about caring for it no matter how much a pain in the *** it is. Go for BMW or Toyota, I guarantee you you will find similiar issues later on. Cars are not unbreakable toys. And having one malfunction shouldn't cause you to hate Mercedes Benz. I've owned Mercedes cars for over 20+ Years and they all ran perfectly fine. Even my CLA. Even though it is a piece of **** quality car. Still love mercedes. So unless you got the money and patience anything is repairable and there's a solution to that. Other than that PLEASE leave this Forum ALONE. no one needs to hear whining. THANK YOU.
Old 06-22-2015, 12:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 482 Likes on 368 Posts
2015 S550
It's your uncle's fault for purchasing an over-engineered piece of crap that had more tech when new than any other car on the planet. He should have just bought a Camry or Accord so his nephew wouldn't have to come onto a Benz enthusiast site (where fellow enthusiasts try to help each other) and act like a little tool. Do me a favor and slap your uncle upside the head for me. Then ask your daddy to do the same thing to you.
Old 06-22-2015, 10:54 PM

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts
2009 S550 AMG sport pckg. 2014 Ford F-150 Lariat Supercrewcab

Best. Ciao.
You got more than a battery problem on your hands my friend, from what you describe it sounds like the car is going into limp mode. Transmission is having issues
Old 05-28-2024, 10:02 PM

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
SL500
Tee.Dawg,

FYI. I took my car to Jerry's this morning and they were finished with it by 1 PM and they fixed three problems that I was having and only charged me for one hour of labor. They even replaced a small plastic part that I needed with a part that they had on hand at no charge. I was very pleased with their service and the very reasonable labor rate. If you decide to come over to them let me know. I don't live far from them and I'd like to see your Designo Edition SL500. I tried to send you a PM but for some reason it wouldn't work. Maybe because we're both new here.
Old 05-29-2024, 05:11 PM

Received 65 Likes on 45 Posts
Benz w221 s550
Originally Posted by FL SL500
Tee.Dawg,

FYI. I took my car to Jerry's this morning and they were finished with it by 1 PM and they fixed three problems that I was having and only charged me for one hour of labor. They even replaced a small plastic part that I needed with a part that they had on hand at no charge. I was very pleased with their service and the very reasonable labor rate. If you decide to come over to them let me know. I don't live far from them and I'd like to see your Designo Edition SL500. I tried to send you a PM but for some reason it wouldn't work. Maybe because we're both new here.

Not only was this thread on life support when you revived it but I struggle to see where your reply pertains to this thread! Oh well, say hello to Tee.Dawg for me