S-Class (W221) 2007-2013: S 320 CDI, S 350, S 450, S 500, S 550, S 420 CDI, S 600

Antenna Amplifier Fuse?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-14-2016, 12:28 AM

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
2019 Maybach S560
Antenna Amplifier Fuse?

2010 S-550 4matic...

Noted the the FM reception has just recently been degraded, especially for distant stations that previously came in clearly. I'm suspecting the antenna amp.

Can anyone specifically identify the exact fuse location for the antenna amp on a W221?
Old 02-15-2016, 06:41 PM

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
2019 Maybach S560
UPDATE:

I checked the 7.5 amp fuse (#131) in the fuse panel behind the seat in the folding armrest well and it was OK; replaced it anyway but FM reception was still poor.

On a fluke, I unplugged the 4 port USB charger that I had in the front cigar lighter socket and the reception immediately improved. Plugged it back in and FM reception returned to static. So, I then started unplugging individual accessories that it was powering and found that upon disconnecting the power cable to my dash camera the static disappeared. So that was the FM static culprit.

I might note that I was experiencing a mysterious parasitic power drain in the system causing random excessive power drains to the battery. Seems I would park the car and walk away and come back the next morning and it would start without issue. Other times, I'd return to the car after parking it for 15-minutes and it would not have enough power to start the car...everything was nearly dead. I am hoping this static elimination issue is related to the parasitic power drain on the car. I know the front cigarette lighter powers off when the car goes into sleep mode after leaving/locking the car, but I don't think the car goes into sleep mode until the doors are locked and you walk about of range with the keyless-GO key? So, I am surmising that the car was not sleeping and keeping that plug alive and draining down the battery pretty heavily? I am sure I could test it with a voltage tester, but in any regard I am thinking that 4 USB ports on one charge point (cigar lighter) is too much draw.

I'll update later once I have a chance to see if my theory holds correct.