MBWorld.org Forums

MBWorld.org Forums (https://mbworld.org/forums/)
-   S-Class (W221) (https://mbworld.org/forums/s-class-w221-74/)
-   -   IBIZ World Class Car Wax.. (https://mbworld.org/forums/s-class-w221/623867-ibiz-world-class-car-wax.html)

medicsog 04-28-2016 06:11 PM

IBIZ World Class Car Wax..

1 Attachment(s)
Purchase this car waxing kit from Costco today for 60 buck.I wonder how long it will last

DaveW68 04-29-2016 12:27 PM

Originally Posted by medicsog (Post 6786741)
Purchase this car waxing kit from Costco today for 60 buck.I wonder how long it will last

It will last about as long as any other wax....about 3-4 weeks depending on weather and road conditions. You could spend a lot less and get a product just as good or better. Meguiars Ultimate polish and wax are 2 of the better products I've used.

Mike5215 04-30-2016 09:54 AM

Any wax is going to use some form of mild abrasive to open up the clearcoat, and some sort of compound to temporarily seal it. When it stops beading water it's done protecting the paint, usually a few weeks as Dave points out.

A polish is a non-abrasive material that bonds chemically to the finish. Because it's not abrasive, it can be layered on in coats, since each subsequent coat doesn't scrub off the one before it. Paint must be perfectly clean and smooth (wash with Dawn to remove old wax, and Clay out any little flecks of stuff) as a polish will just seal over whatever is in the paint.

I use Zaino's show car polish system. Www.zainostore.com. Over the winters here in Florida when the temps are mild I'll lay around six layers on over the course of a couple weekends and it lasts all year. My 221 got treated last February and was still beading when I traded it this March.

xabo 05-01-2016 06:34 PM

Originally Posted by Mike5215 (Post 6788089)
Any wax is going to use some form of mild abrasive to open up the clearcoat, and some sort of compound to temporarily seal it. When it stops beading water it's done protecting the paint, usually a few weeks as Dave points out.

A polish is a non-abrasive material that bonds chemically to the finish. Because it's not abrasive, it can be layered on in coats, since each subsequent coat doesn't scrub off the one before it. Paint must be perfectly clean and smooth (wash with Dawn to remove old wax, and Clay out any little flecks of stuff) as a polish will just seal over whatever is in the paint.

I use Zaino's show car polish system. Www.zainostore.com. Over the winters here in Florida when the temps are mild I'll lay around six layers on over the course of a couple weekends and it lasts all year. My 221 got treated last February and was still beading when I traded it this March.

A coating will double, triple the protection duration.

DaveW68 05-01-2016 07:58 PM

Honestly, I've never heard of multiple polishes adding layers of protection. I've always heard that the point of polish is to buff out swirl marks or a dulled finish after wet sanding, and that paint sealant and/or wax are the only layers of protection you get other than clear coat. I know that a nice glaze after polishing can add a nice layer of depth to the shine prior to paint sealant and/or wax.

Mike5215 05-01-2016 09:29 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Yeah, anything with grit of any kind that cuts doesn't benefit from multiple coats. So a polishing compound, good for buffing out light scratches with a foam pad, would not layer.

Basically, if you see color on the wax or polish applicator pad from the car's paint you're using an abrasive compound that's leaving a bunch of tiny little scratches behind.

Zaino's stuff has no abrasives, so it won't cut oxidation or swirl marks, although it will fill swirl marks with successive layers. On a black car the results are really impressive. After the third application you'll see a perfect reflection that looks a mile deep, and it gets deeper the more you layer it.

This was my 221 with 87k miles and the once a year Zaino treatment:

Attachment 330040

I use it on all of my cars, including the C ( which is SO much less car to polish) but the most dramatic results have been on my last three black cars.

triniexr 05-02-2016 08:01 AM

For best results you need to use a clay bar after washing, compound, then a good wax. This has always worked for me.

amgm5s8 05-02-2016 09:25 AM

Collinite wax. Once a year and your done!

Been using since I was a kid and is made in my hometown in Upstate NY

I find it here in Florida in the boat shops. They swear by it!

mercedesbenzs55 05-02-2016 10:54 PM

Originally Posted by amgm5s8 (Post 6789806)

Can you post some pics of your final product? I'm looking for a durable wax.

I use Griots "Best in Show" Wax. Its my first time ever applying wax myself, but the result is very good.

DaveW68 05-03-2016 04:13 PM

Originally Posted by mercedesbenzs55 (Post 6790810)

I use Griots "Best in Show" Wax. Its my first time ever applying wax myself, but the result is very good.

The first time you ever waxed your car? Aren't you supposed to be some sort of perfectionist?

Tito TW 05-03-2016 07:08 PM

1 Attachment(s)
There's so many car care products in the market that it can be very confusing for the consumer, if you talk about coatings the subject gets even more confusing.

The "Wax" will give you a "Shine" you can get "Shine" with WD40 or even diesel fuel if you wish, the secret is in the prep work, just like the ladies prep their face before going out, the last thing is the red lipstick and the flashy colors, that will give you the wow factor.

Start with the prep work and the rest is easy. just my 0.02:D

Mike5215 05-03-2016 07:44 PM

I just hate polishing the thing, but I want the paint to stay clean and glossy. Helps at trade in time. Anything that goes on with minimal effort and holds up is for me. Zaino, once the paint has been cleaned, goes on very thin and comes off with minimal effort, and lasts for months.

But yeah, anything that gives you the results you want will do. Lots of choices.

Tito TW 05-03-2016 08:03 PM

Originally Posted by Mike5215 (Post 6791822)
I just hate polishing the thing, but I want the paint to stay clean and glossy. Helps at trade in time. Anything that goes on with minimal effort and holds up is for me. Zaino, once the paint has been cleaned, goes on very thin and comes off with minimal effort, and lasts for months.

But yeah, anything that gives you the results you want will do. Lots of choices.

I don't blame you! I do about 20 cars a year and every time I regret them, lol so much work!

amgm5s8 05-03-2016 09:37 PM

I'm very picky on black

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by mercedesbenzs55 (Post 6790810)

I clay bar 1st then use 3m hand glaze then collinite wax. wax once a year only after this.

My paint is original and impeccable. No swirls or haze

amgm5s8 05-03-2016 09:41 PM

More pics

1 Attachment(s)
Still learning to post pics. Sorry

amgm5s8 05-03-2016 09:46 PM

Side shot

1 Attachment(s)
Side

xabo 05-05-2016 10:01 AM

Originally Posted by amgm5s8 (Post 6791922)
I clay bar 1st then use 3m hand glaze then collinite wax. wax once a year only after this.

My paint is original and impeccable. No swirls or haze

Looks good. It's my understanding that while glazes enhance the shine, they also hide/cover swirls.

DaveW68 05-05-2016 10:30 AM

Originally Posted by amgm5s8 (Post 6789806)

Do you use the car or boat wax?

pbaylog 05-06-2016 09:28 AM

I used to use the Zaino products on a previous car

I loved it...........it's alot of work polishing the multiple layers, but the result is awesome. I describe it as a "buttery" look. Full gloss and bead, but just a deeper look to it. My current MB has a matte finish, so completely different animal. Using Dr Beasley on it, and so far so good.

Mike5215 05-06-2016 10:46 AM

Yeah, Zaino is optically pure, so you get that mile deep shine with multiple layers and it holds up really well. After a rainstorm my black S dried clean.

DaveW68 05-06-2016 11:28 AM

Originally Posted by Mike5215 (Post 6794531)
Yeah, Zaino is optically pure, so you get that mile deep shine with multiple layers and it holds up really well. After a rainstorm my black S dried clean.

So you don't wax over the Zaino?

Mike5215 05-06-2016 11:59 AM

Nope. They make a gloss enhancer detailing spray that's handy for a quick wipe down between polish applications, that's about it. I also use it to dampen the applicator pad when applying the polish. Makes it go on even easier and thinner, so it takes very little effort to buff it off after it hazes. I also have a Porter Cable random orbit polisher I use if I don't feel like doing it by hand. Give it a try. It's really effective on black finishes.

Nuru 05-07-2016 11:48 PM

When I wax the use of a random orbiter polisher works wonders. Works way better than my hands LOL!

The Thomas J 05-08-2016 02:07 AM

2 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by amgm5s8 (Post 6791926)
Still learning to post pics. Sorry

WOW! Looks amazing reminds me of my E class.

These pics are older ones, but the waxing system is the one I have been using for years. meguiars wax, turtle wax black wax and a quick wax detailer for depth in the shine.