S-Class (W221) 2007-2013: S 320 CDI, S 350, S 450, S 500, S 550, S 420 CDI, S 600
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Parking sensors

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-15-2017, 10:58 PM

Received 30 Likes on 22 Posts
2009 W221
Parking sensors

next newbie question, and yes I did a search
i have distronic plus, meaning I have the radar parking sensors in the front and rear bumpers
i was expecting that when I park the car in my garage it would give me some kind of feedback how far my front bumper is from the wall
nada
does the car have this functionality?
Old 10-16-2017, 09:13 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 475 Likes on 363 Posts
2015 S550
Originally Posted by Hatzenbach
next newbie question, and yes I did a search
i have distronic plus, meaning I have the radar parking sensors in the front and rear bumpers
i was expecting that when I park the car in my garage it would give me some kind of feedback how far my front bumper is from the wall
nada
does the car have this functionality?
Look in your rear view mirror as you're backing. You'll see the lights just above the rear window that progressively go from green to yellow to red as you near an object. When you are within 2 feet, it should start beeping. For the front sensors, you'll see the proximity range on the screen right in front of you. If it doesn't beep as you get really close, then you need to turn on that setting in the menu with your steering wheel controls.

BTW, what you're talking about is not Distronic Plus. It's just proximity sensors. Distronic Plus is a built in radar system that helps you maintain a preset distance from the car in front of you when cruise control is turned on....wherein you can just take your foot off the gas and cruise without fear of running into the car in front of you.
The following users liked this post:
Hatzenbach (10-16-2017)