S-Class (W221) 2007-2013: S 320 CDI, S 350, S 450, S 500, S 550, S 420 CDI, S 600

Radio/SD/CD, Telephone, Back Camera do not work

Old 01-28-2018, 04:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mercedes-Benz S350 Bluetec 2012
Radio/SD/CD, Telephone, Back Camera do not work

Hello, I own a S350 Bluetec 2012 (W221). My radio/CD/sd, telephone, Bluetooth, video, and back camera do not work. Aux doesn’t work. No sound whatsoever.

When on the selected screen for “Audio”, a screen displaying “Device not available” appears. All options are greyed out except selecting between FM and AM which do not work.

When in the “Telephone” menu, the screen displays that “Bluetooth [is] not activated in system settings.” The only option in this screen is to view address books.

The “Video” menu does not open at all and remains under the screen I was at last.

Lastly, the back camera when in reverse does not work. A black screen appears only.

Navigation works. Vehicle settings work.

How can I fix this myself? What seems to be the problem? What is connecting all these systems together?

Back seat fuses have been checked. Driver fuses checked. Fibre optic loop with the radio has been bypassed, yet still nothing.

Thank you.
Old 01-28-2018, 09:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 474 Likes on 363 Posts
2015 S550
Originally Posted by albaprince

Hello, I own a S350 Bluetec 2012 (W221). My radio/CD/sd, telephone, Bluetooth, video, and back camera do not work. Aux doesn’t work. No sound whatsoever.

When on the selected screen for “Audio”, a screen displaying “Device not available” appears. All options are greyed out except selecting between FM and AM which do not work.

When in the “Telephone” menu, the screen displays that “Bluetooth [is] not activated in system settings.” The only option in this screen is to view address books.

The “Video” menu does not open at all and remains under the screen I was at last.

Lastly, the back camera when in reverse does not work. A black screen appears only.

Navigation works. Vehicle settings work.

How can I fix this myself? What seems to be the problem? What is connecting all these systems together?

Back seat fuses have been checked. Driver fuses checked. Fibre optic loop with the radio has been bypassed, yet still nothing.

Thank you.
You are asking for trouble if you try to diagnose and repair it yourself. You likely have a blown module that needs to be replaced. It is best to let the dealer or a qualified indy handle this issue.
Old 01-29-2018, 11:00 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 4,412 Likes on 3,144 Posts
'71 Pinto
https://mbworld.org/forums/s-class-w...available.html

Old 03-14-2018, 01:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mercedes-Benz S350 Bluetec 2012
I used a fibre optic loop on each module at a time to see if it would work. I would also receive red flashing lights from each one, indicating that they were working. However, I could not find the voice control module. Is it hidden behind somewhere?

My back camera is also not working however, and that is not even apart of the fibre optic network. So whatever is connected to all these modules must be broken? Or maybe the back camera is just a problem on its own.