S-Class (W221) 2007-2013: S 320 CDI, S 350, S 450, S 500, S 550, S 420 CDI, S 600

Facelift headlight led strip not working

Old 11-16-2018, 03:24 AM

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
2008 S63
Facelift headlight led strip not working

Purchased the fishcake depo headlights a couple years back and they have been working great. This morning I noticed the led strip along the bottom of the passenger side is no longer working. I have been receiving a check cornering bulb for about a month now but the led strip was fine until today. I checked the connection and everything looked good. I’m finding that some people with similar problems are saying it’s a module that needs to be replaced. The only modules I can imagine are what I thought were three ballast at the underside of the lamp. Does anyone know which of these modules would control the led portion of the lamp?

Last edited by Zerocarpileup; 11-16-2018 at 03:29 AM.
Old 11-16-2018, 08:32 PM

2008 S63
I was able to contact the distributer and they were able to identify the module as neither of the metal "ballast" but a plastic cover that serves also as the led module for the DEPO type headlamp. They are aware of the fault and recommended purchasing the replacement for $20 shipped. Pictures below as reference for anyone encountering this problem in the future. Probably best to purchase a couple and have them on hand.

The following 2 users liked this post by Zerocarpileup:
Bmccann101 (05-17-2019), dlafever (11-16-2018)
Old 05-17-2019, 08:51 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2007 WALD Black Bison S550 4matic
Glad this thread exists.. Just I stalled mine, same Depo, same seller.. And the drp strip areas are doa aside from the amber turn signals.. Is there by chance a certain headlight mode that disables these? Ive already sent email to them about it.. But I'm curious if anyone is still around to give input in case they only operate w the headlight switch in one position etc. Thanks
Old 05-18-2019, 12:47 AM

2008 S63
Originally Posted by Bmccann101
Glad this thread exists.. Just I stalled mine, same Depo, same seller.. And the drp strip areas are doa aside from the amber turn signals.. Is there by chance a certain headlight mode that disables these? Ive already sent email to them about it.. But I'm curious if anyone is still around to give input in case they only operate w the headlight switch in one position etc. Thanks
If both headlight led strips are inoperative at all times then I suspect the modules I have pictured in the original post are the culprit. Unusual that both lamps arrived defective but I believe the led inoperative can be resolved with new modules. They should be $20 each.
The following users liked this post:
Bmccann101 (05-18-2019)
Old 05-18-2019, 12:54 AM

Thanks.. Do u recall having to adjust the headlights after installation? Now that its nighttime, they seem aimed down and a bit cross eyes.. The projector line is all over the place.

Curious if they adjust any differently than the factor protocol would denote. Thanks for your input. I need to handle that tomorrow for sure.
Old 05-18-2019, 01:58 AM

2008 S63
Originally Posted by Bmccann101
Thanks.. Do u recall having to adjust the headlights after installation? Now that its nighttime, they seem aimed down and a bit cross eyes.. The projector line is all over the place.

Curious if they adjust any differently than the factor protocol would denote. Thanks for your input. I need to handle that tomorrow for sure.
The headlight beams may need to be adjusted out of the box only because they may not be set. I ended up having to adjust them a bit also. Has he replied back to you? He was very helpful with me.
Old 05-18-2019, 02:41 AM

Yeah he's been solid af. Awaiting more info.. I just try to get it from lore than 1 source 😉
Old 07-04-2022, 04:25 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mercedes w221
zielony

Originally Posted by Zerocarpileup
I was able to contact the distributer and they were able to identify the module as neither of the metal "ballast" but a plastic cover that serves also as the led module for the DEPO type headlamp. They are aware of the fault and recommended purchasing the replacement for $20 shipped. Pictures below as reference for anyone encountering this problem in the future. Probably best to purchase a couple and have them on hand.

hallo i have I have the same problem, you can contact who sells such plastic modules because I have no such plastic modules in Poland and I can not get them anywhere and the class does not look nice without LED greetings
Old 07-06-2022, 11:42 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mercedes w221
zielony

give me the link where do you bay module