S-Class (W221) 2007-2013: S 320 CDI, S 350, S 450, S 500, S 550, S 420 CDI, S 600

Retro Fitting OEM camera

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-25-2019, 08:34 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2001 mercedes e55 amg
Retro Fitting OEM camera

So I know that there is has been many discussions on spending the money on retrofitting the oem camera with the correct wires and other stuff. With that said I was thinking that most aftermarket cameras come with a power /ground wires along with 33 foot male to male yellow cable. With all this said if I tapped into the aftermarket camera wiring harness with the oem . Here is the lay out of the wires coming from the oem camera: yellow , black, red, white. Obviously the red is power, black is ground, yellow is video, white wire is what? I am going to cut the aftermarket wire and connect red to red (coming from oem camera) , black to black ( coming from oem camera, then I will solder a yellow female Rca to the yellow wire coming from the oem camera which will give me video. The only wire that I am confusing by is the white wire.. The reason why I want to do the oem camera is that the aftermarket cameras are either too small, too big, or crappy picture. Anyone want to help me figure out what the white wire is responsible for ? I am attaching a picture of the oem camera with the wiring harness attached.. Also I have the navtv cam interface and am running an aftermarket camera now so I don't need a trigger wire.
Old 01-25-2019, 08:36 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2001 mercedes e55 amg
one adding comment I am thinking the white wire has to do with the guide lines... not sure... I can put a wire on it making it like a loop so that it doesn't have an open circuit ..