MBWorld.org Forums

MBWorld.org Forums (https://mbworld.org/forums/)
-   S-Class (W221) (https://mbworld.org/forums/s-class-w221-74/)
-   -   Reversing (https://mbworld.org/forums/s-class-w221/734426-reversing.html)

Hatachachi25 01-30-2019 01:33 AM

Reversing

ive done a reverse last night and for first time in 1 year it appeared this thing. Can some one tell me what is it and how it activates please ?

Thank you
https://cimg7.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.mbw...d6a96b0c4.jpeg

ClasseMiaMadra 01-30-2019 11:41 AM

Originally Posted by Hatachachi25 (Post 7667881)
ive done a reverse last night and for first time in 1 year it appeared this thing. Can some one tell me what is it and how it activates please ?

Thank you
https://cimg7.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.mbw...d6a96b0c4.jpeg

this is parking assist. It activates every time you see the blue P in the center of the Speedo, when traveling up to 22 mph. While the blue P is visible it scans the sides for a parking space long enough to fit your car. If you stop next to one then it guides to park in it.

T.H.Carrera 02-01-2019 05:28 PM

this has never come up for me!

w2830 02-09-2019 04:15 AM

I've never seen this either. I intentionally activate the the night view before putting it in reverse to see if I can bring that up. But nothing. It actually deactivates the night view when shifted to R. Is there a setting for that?

rustybear3 02-09-2019 04:51 AM

I don't believe that should be happening as you put it in reverse just to back up. It should only activate only when you engage using park assist looking for a parking spot.
Have no idea what year model you have.

Bobitza 02-09-2019 08:58 AM

Lol, that's the Park assist package you have there you lucky dog (see that blue P icon). Were you driving slowly looking for a parking slot before going into reverse? I bet you did because that's how Park assist is used/engaged.

The car has radar sensors that calculate if you will fit between 2 cars while slowly driving looking for parking. If it finds one, the P lights up and you should stop and go in reverse to park using the guidelines.

rustybear3 02-09-2019 10:17 AM

Originally Posted by Bobitza (Post 7676975)
Lol, that's the Park assist package you have there you lucky dog (see that blue P icon). Were you driving slowly looking for a parking slot before going into reverse? I bet you did because that's how Park assist is used/engaged.

The car has radar sensors that calculate if you will fit between 2 cars while slowly driving looking for parking. If it finds one, the P lights up and you should stop and go in reverse to park using the guidelines.

I assume he was at a dead stand still going into reverse after starting his car. Maybe he was going forward slowly before putting it into reverse as you suggest.

w2830 02-15-2019 12:37 AM

Originally Posted by rustybear3 (Post 7676905)
I don't believe that should be happening as you put it in reverse just to back up. It should only activate only when you engage using park assist looking for a parking spot.
Have no idea what year model you have.

Mine is a 2013 and there is blue P icon comes and goes. Is it safe to say I have the parking assist? Then next the question goes how to activate it?

apl175 02-15-2019 01:28 AM

with CODE (230) Advanced Parking Guidance
(as of model year 2010)

If you engage reverse while the blue P> is visible just slightly ahead of the spot you wish to parallel park, you will see a message displayed. Before you let off the brake press "OK" on the steering wheel control, and you will see the guidance screen shown. Turn the steering wheel so the guidance and trajectory lines line up and beginning backing up. The system may guide you through several forward and back maneuvers before declaring the sequence end.

From experience, the parking spot you choose must have a vehicle in front and in back (a true parallel park situation) , and the system will only attempt to guide you if there's enough room to moor your boat in to the space.
By default, the system will only detect parking spaces on the passenger side of the vehicle. To use the system to detect parking spaces also on the driver's side, the turn signal that is indicating on the driver's side must also be actuated.

w2830 02-15-2019 02:46 AM

Originally Posted by apl175 (Post 7681997)
with CODE (230) Advanced Parking Guidance
(as of model year 2010)

If you engage reverse while the blue P> is visible just slightly ahead of the spot you wish to parallel park, you will see a message displayed. Before you let off the brake press "OK" on the steering wheel control, and you will see the guidance screen shown. Turn the steering wheel so the guidance and trajectory lines line up and beginning backing up. The system may guide you through several forward and back maneuvers before declaring the sequence end.

From experience, the parking spot you choose must have a vehicle in front and in back (a true parallel park situation) , and the system will only attempt to guide you if there's enough room to moor your boat in to the space.
By default, the system will only detect parking spaces on the passenger side of the vehicle. To use the system to detect parking spaces also on the driver's side, the turn signal that is indicating on the driver's side must also be actuated.

looks like the magic is to press the ok that I've been missing. Appreciate the education. Kind of excited to find new features after more than a year of ownership.

Bklyn 02-15-2019 08:57 PM

Originally Posted by Bobitza (Post 7676975)

WOw. that is so cool. I wonder if I have that.