S-Class (W221) 2007-2013: S 320 CDI, S 350, S 450, S 500, S 550, S 420 CDI, S 600

2007 Mercedes s550

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-03-2021, 10:35 PM

Received 206 Likes on 121 Posts
2007 Mercedes C280,2007 Mercedes S550,2008 Mercedes Gl450, 2012 Audi A6, 2007 Porsche 997 twin turbo
2007 Mercedes s550

Hello All,

A few months ago I posted on here about getting my transmission rebuilt/repaired. I got various responses along with prices that it should cost. While deciding if I wanted to go ahead do the transmission I addressed a few minor issues with the car. The first minor issue was the engine oil cooler leak. This repair was really easy and also super cheap. The gasket needed to be replaced that cost about $12 from the dealership. At first I thought I had a leak coming powering steering pump but it actually was coming from the engine oil cooler. The second repair I did was replacing the power steering pump and power steering reservoir. I noticed that the steering wheel started to get tough to turn when trying to make turns.
After these two repairs I figured that I was oils get the front bumper repainted as the previous owner looked like he had painted it with a spray can. After getting the car back from the bodyshop I fell in love with the car all over again and decided to pull the trigger on repairing/rebuilding the transmission. The shop who is doing it has done several Mercedes s classes and also came highly recommended by Mercedes tech. The Mercedes tech told me that he use to rebuild these transmissions and charge $1,800. Unfortunately I didn’t get so lucky on price but at the tune $2,700 for the rebuild I can’t really complain. I should have the car back next week and will update everyone on my experience. What I like is that the warranty they offer is 2 years unlimited mileage on the transmission. Here I included a picture of the car after the front bumper was freshly painted