S-Class (W221) 2007-2013: S 320 CDI, S 350, S 450, S 500, S 550, S 420 CDI, S 600

activations of some features of the instrument panel. with XENTRY/DAS. Help with so

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-08-2022, 01:39 PM

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
mercedes s 500 w221 aņo 2005
activations of some features of the instrument panel. with XENTRY/DAS. Help with so

Hello good Morning. greetings to all. a technical question about instrument cluster settings. A week ago I made a trip of 4 hours or so in a row without stopping and I realized that the symbol of the cup of coffee that appears in the painting reminding you to take a break does not appear for me. here comes the question can you activate this in XENTRY/DAS ????? I was looking at it in DAS in KI configurations but I didn't see anything where I could activate this option or I didn't know where to touch. if you could help me or tell me where to look. the only thing I saw in the KI settings was an option that said Speedometer curve characteristic and when I clicked on it I got several options that said Characteristic curve 1. Characteristic curve 2. Characteristic curve 3. I did not activate any because I was afraid that it would screw something up. Do you know if I change from one number to another, some settings are changed or activated in the instrument panel??? forgive the inconvenience. a very strong greeting to all. Greeting from Spain. Thank you.
Old 06-08-2022, 06:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 946 Likes on 778 Posts
S500
isn't your car much older - the coffee cup will be >2010 high end toy count only ?
The following users liked this post:
Oderfla (06-09-2022)
Old 06-08-2022, 11:37 PM

Received 90 Likes on 54 Posts
2007 S600, 911 & XJ8
Oderfla:

This may help... Look at this thread, https://mbworld.org/forums/s-class-w...ate-diy-5.html , starting at about post # 119. I was able to get my annoying seatbelt warning to stop at start up-- It still warns you but just with a nice chime and only after 9 mph. I also got the gallons of fuel to show along with range in miles. I was unable to get the speedometer to read 0-200 mph, however. I gave up after a few attempts...

Anyway, it's in German, but with Botus' kind help, most of the translation is there also...

I don't think you will screw anything up if you give it a try. I think the hard part is getting it to remember the settings...

Regards... Mark
The following users liked this post:
Oderfla (06-09-2022)
Old 06-09-2022, 03:47 AM

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
mercedes s 500 w221 aņo 2005
Thanks for the help. 🙏

thanks to Messrs. BOTUS and MCYPERT. thanks for your help. your advice and answers. I will look at the thread and continue learning from this great forum. my car, being one of the first built in 2005, may not be able to configure that option. In any case, I will read and inform myself as much as I can. Thank you. greetings from Spain