S-Class (W221) 2007-2013: S 320 CDI, S 350, S 450, S 500, S 550, S 420 CDI, S 600

MB Diagnostic Computer 2009 S600

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-08-2023, 06:48 PM

Received 40 Likes on 28 Posts
2009 S600 V-12
MB Diagnostic Computer 2009 S600

Hello, I just purchased a 2009 S600 and will attempt most repairs on my own. A friend mentioned it’s much easier and cheaper to have a relevant diag computer.
What is the proper MB diagnostic computer and cables to purchase for servicing the S600?
Johnny
Old 06-09-2023, 09:42 AM

Received 358 Likes on 235 Posts
2007 S600, 2007 Chrysler 300 SRT8, 2000 C5 Corvette, and 2017 Mustang GT, and just got a 2023 300C
Congrats on your purchase. IMO, the S600 is one of the finest cars in the World when it is properly maintained. My 2007 S600 gives me great pleasure. I use a Foxwell scanner specific for Mercedes. It does most of what I need. I also had an extended warranty for my first four years of ownership as I caught up on all the maintenance its former owner did not do (ABC, VT, Coil packs, 24 iridium spark plugs, brake pads, rotors, radiator, lower control arms, coolant recovery tank).

You have several options on scanners but you must know that a cheap scanner from Amazon is junk and will only give you access to engine codes (one system). Of course, that will only cost you $10, so you get what you pay. If you want to scan all the systems on a W221 (like mine has 57 systems), you need at least a Mercedes compatible Foxwell or Autel which can read and give you actual codes which you can report here on the site when you need help. You can also do real time monitoring and in many cases diagnosis. That will cost you roughly $150+. If you want to scan, code, and diagnose a Mercedes like the dealer; you need DAS or better so you can virginize and program any component you need to repair/replace. And that will not be cheap, but again, you get what you pay. And how is your German language skill? Personally, I think brain surgery is easier.

You might also consult with BenzNinja on this site who can diagnose, code, and remotely change your S600 into a wild beast for a small fee and the purchase from him of an older style laptop! He also knows all the software updates posted by Mercedes and can help you to know which ones you should not install and there are many.

Keep us posted on your new purchase. Best wishes.
The following users liked this post:
MBCO (06-10-2023)
Old 06-09-2023, 09:43 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 946 Likes on 778 Posts
S500
see the ad today from BenzNinja - best set up possible !!! and great support for the first car u pair it too as part of the package and pay support for other mercs if u want

NOTHING on ebay comes close at 20% more cost - plus free viruses !
NOTHING from SNAP ON comes close even at $5k
The following 2 users liked this post by BOTUS:
MBCO (06-10-2023), vettebk (06-09-2023)
Old 06-09-2023, 10:04 AM

Received 187 Likes on 148 Posts
W221 S63 AMG
Originally Posted by BOTUS
see the ad today from BenzNinja - best set up possible !!! and great support for the first car u pair it too as part of the package and pay support for other mercs if u want

NOTHING on ebay comes close at 20% more cost - plus free viruses !
NOTHING from SNAP ON comes close even at $5k
BenzNinja was very vague when I reached out to him about their services and how it all works.
Old 06-09-2023, 10:16 AM

2007 S600, 2007 Chrysler 300 SRT8, 2000 C5 Corvette, and 2017 Mustang GT, and just got a 2023 300C
Surprised. I have heard stories about people who tried to pick his brain for the answers he knows but didn't want to pay his fee which was not expensive; and he doesn't tolerate that. But everyone I know who has had him diagnose and program was very happy with the results. Sorry it didn't work for you.
The following 2 users liked this post by vettebk:
BOTUS (06-09-2023), MBCO (06-10-2023)
Old 06-09-2023, 10:22 AM

BOTUS is one of our more discerning members with an encyclopedic knowledge of the internals of W221. He also does not tolerate Mercedes planned obsolescence and knows also which software updates cause problems. I highly recommend you read his posts on software updates and the features they improve and those they destroy. BOTUS knows!
The following 2 users liked this post by vettebk:
MBCO (06-10-2023), SMF (07-09-2023)
Old 06-09-2023, 11:59 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

S500
check this I wrote on another forum - some guy is trying to code a module and is stuck.... there is ONLY one other possible way to get anywhere - but it requires extensive knowledge of the tools and a genius to get your there

Xentry or das for offline scn coding

SCN can't be offline - that's the whole game - settings you don't know of are everywhere, does it impact the vehicle safety, maybe, some just cause it to drive slightly less well, maybe, will it throw a nag, cause faults later on, or just randomly play about and generally make the car behave less well - YES to all

maybe you can try and play if you have the dealer kit or serious third party tools, and get along just enough to cope by guessing at set up - so that the vehicle starts and most of the external lights come on - ... you try an "expert" with experience to help code it manually - but some fake errors and warning lights are in elements they will never know of, can never know of, and can't be accessed manually even with fully up to date dealer kit... SCN ONLINE gets it set to today's interpretation of perfection - adding whatever lies the manu think this weeks repaired cars should have

and just in case a plug and play rip off priced replacement module you got from a dealer gets you a drivable vehicle - you often get to the place you are - stuck with it not quite right - till you go to a dealer with online kit - and what does he really do - flash the module with a version of software - that you will NEVER have access to, that you are NEVER meant to know why its the right file for your vehicle, that might literally have been AMENDED the day before - as all the cars flashed with the previous ones for the last two years were still playing up till last week, and that is tied down in a mess of ENCRYPTED security from hell, so it CAN'T install without an online handshake, that then reports back to germany if it went on the car OK - and if so by whom, when, why and where it was installed - then the tech ticks an OK button and goes to make the tea - whilst germany's computers flash through TODAY'S interpretation of how to configure this slightly different version of software ONLINE - coz no way in hell was this tech's training ever going to get the car across the line

and YES every single bit of the paragraph above is 100% - battled through every second of it too frequently and can give the print outs to prove it ALL - there are MANY settings in Merc software that are just NOT accessible regardless of toyland XENTRY on or offline, or indeed big boy vediamo or dts monaco - some of it is part of the software code and I only know one person who understands info about these files...
Old 06-09-2023, 06:32 PM

W221 S63 AMG
Originally Posted by vettebk
Surprised. I have heard stories about people who tried to pick his brain for the answers he knows but didn't want to pay his fee which was not expensive; and he doesn't tolerate that. But everyone I know who has had him diagnose and program was very happy with the results. Sorry it didn't work for you.
A common technique of scammers on forums is to get the users off of the original site and communicating off site. For example, eBay strongly suggests that you do all communication with a seller via eBay messaging. I used to moderate the one of the world's largest cycling forums and witnessed this from the admin side.

So, with that in mind, read this:

[I removed the image by request of BOTUS]

So, when he hit me with that last line, I was out and have no interest in giving him my business.

Last edited by CQHall; 06-10-2023 at 09:55 AM.
Old 06-10-2023, 04:34 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

S500
CGHall the issue is you not Benz Ninja - read my post above yours
MBCO (06-10-2023)
Old 06-10-2023, 09:54 AM

W221 S63 AMG
Originally Posted by BOTUS
CGHall the issue is you not Benz Ninja - read my post above yours
Sorry, mate. You are wrong.

He's offering a service as an advertiser here on this site and I'm asking him about it. There is nothing wrong about that.

Just because you like what he does doesn't make the interaction above right.
Old 06-10-2023, 09:39 PM

Received 176 Likes on 136 Posts
2007 SL550 & 2012 S550 4matic
Guys, choke your motors and don’t destroy this thread. I have purchased and received great support from BN. Admittedly he can be eccentric in posts and interactions if you are not a member.
Rest easy there are many different answers for to the OP inquiry, he likely doesn’t know what he doesn’t know yet, therefore he seeks help.

Op, it’s a simple model for scanners for Mercedes :
Good = OBD scanners for very basic code ID and clearing
Better= Foxwell Autel Snapon
Best= MB Star Xentry found at Dealership and MB Independent shops with experience and BN who advertise in this forum

Probably just started “Scanner War 2.0” here but just trying to help OP.
Old 06-11-2023, 02:59 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 606 Likes on 440 Posts
222 S-65
CQHall.... take a deep breath. Peter is the real deal. Having the computer with XENTRY is the way to go. Peter can do all manner of programming and help with other things. The price of entry is reasonable.

I have used the computer several times for diagnosis and solved issues quickly for it.... Being able to perform a quick test at will is nice.
I’m also enjoying the many software tweaks Peter did for my car. Much better having a seasoned pro doing it.
The following 2 users liked this post by JohnLane:
JJKCMO (06-13-2023), vettebk (06-11-2023)
Old 06-11-2023, 04:12 AM
SPONSOR

Received 861 Likes on 668 Posts
WWW.BENZNINJA.COM
Originally Posted by JohnLane
CQHall.... take a deep breath. Peter is the real deal. Having the computer with XENTRY is the way to go. Peter can do all manner of programming and help with other things. The price of entry is reasonable.

I have used the computer several times for diagnosis and solved issues quickly for it.... Being able to perform a quick test at will is nice.
I’m also enjoying the many software tweaks Peter did for my car. Much better having a seasoned pro doing it.
Thank you !
JJKCMO (06-13-2023)
Old 06-11-2023, 05:01 AM
SPONSOR

WWW.BENZNINJA.COM
o all

First of all, thank you to all our members supporting BenzNinja ! What you do for us has no price especially if you notice that we DO NOT BRIBE (like others) our members to do this

The forum has always had trolls, people with no life criticizing products they have never used
Recently we had few more of these losers here but we do not worry, as ONLY what users write matters

And we are also surprised and extremely proud to have a absolute 5 stars rating by 100% of our users.
Working hard and taking the level even higher is our daily motivation

" Haters only hate the things they can’t have and the people they can’t be."

Last edited by BenzNinja; 06-23-2023 at 05:14 AM.
Old 06-11-2023, 05:15 AM
SPONSOR

WWW.BENZNINJA.COM
Originally Posted by CQHall
BenzNinja was very vague when I reached out to him about their services and how it all works.
Also,

There is not and can not be any "very vague"

ALL properly filled out forms get the first full explanatory standard response.
Never had anyone not understanding it

Secondary:
You also have a complete FAQ on our website

So if after all this you still don't understand the service, you probably forgot to mention that you have a handicap.
So please send us a email again explaining this so we help you with a voice call

We look forward to seeing the same smile that all our members have on your face too soon.

Remember, BenzNinja is a Club, not "some buisiness"
We speak out, say what we want, accept who we want, and lucky to have the nicest members a club can dream of since we started !

Last edited by BenzNinja; 06-11-2023 at 05:20 AM.
The following 3 users liked this post by BenzNinja:
BOTUS (06-11-2023), nath_h (07-03-2023), vettebk (06-11-2023)
Old 06-11-2023, 09:55 AM

W221 S63 AMG
OK, I'm reposting to show how much of an ******* @BenzNinja is:

I'm not backing down because he made @BOTUS happy.

Use at your own risk 🍿
Old 06-11-2023, 10:17 AM

I read it all. Again, sorry you had a bad experience, or after reading the post completely; sorry you had no satisfaction from the responses. I am guessing some of this was BN thinking you were after his knowledge/technology for free. You were asking about how and what technology he uses because you were concerned about being hacked. And he was relying on his web site, testimonials, and knowledge to "convince" anyone that he is the real deal.

So, at the end of the day, you two will never be friends or partners; which is the essence of his support approach at all hours of the day. BN really does know.

And you have every right to decide who you want to work with and who you spend your own money on. Best wishes.
MBCO (06-11-2023)
Old 06-11-2023, 10:51 AM
SPONSOR

WWW.BENZNINJA.COM
OK, I'm reposting to show how much of an ******* @BenzNinja is:

I'm not backing down because he made @BOTUS happy.

Use at your own risk 🍿

Exactly what I said
You never filled in the forms as required
This has being told to everyone over and over.
then you even called us a possible SCAM
A SPONSOR KNOWN ON THIS FORUM SINCE 2016, you dare calling a possible scam ?

So it has nothing to do with us, you are the problem

If a company or any official requires to fill out a form and you don't apply to those rules, don't expect to be welcomed
especially with a "Club"
You stay OUT THE DOOR

so everything is fine and clear now, glad the first "form" filter worked and did it's job

you are NOT welcome, I can confirm this once again

PS, it is totally illegal to post private messages in this forum. Here also, you broke the rules. but as totally enjoy this conversation I will not complain to get these removed

Last edited by BenzNinja; 07-02-2023 at 11:50 AM.
Old 06-11-2023, 10:58 AM

W221 S63 AMG
Originally Posted by BenzNinja
Exactly what I said
You never filled in the forms as required and being told to everyone over and over

So it has nothing to do with us, you are the problem

If a company or any official requires to fill out a form and you don't apply to those rules, don't expect to be welcomed
especially with a "Club"
You stay OUT THE DOOR

so everything is fine and clear now

you are NOT welcome, I can confirm this once again
Please stop. I'm not interested in your services and I have every right to express to other forum members my experiences with a site vendor (or any vendor for that matter). This isn't a personal attack. Stop with the insults. This is me talking about my experiences with a site vendor.

I wasn't "Applying for Service", I was asking basic questions about your service in the forum where you, a vendor, advertised the same service.

Look, if other people are OK with giving some guy(?) from another country full access to their computers and cars without even asking basic question, they are brave (and naive) souls.

My advice to everyone else: Be careful out there 🍿
Old 06-11-2023, 11:05 AM
SPONSOR

WWW.BENZNINJA.COM
Please stop. I'm not interested in your services and I have every right to express to other forum members my experiences with a site vendor (or any vendor for that matter). This isn't a personal attack. Stop with the insults. This is me talking about my experiences with a site vendor.

I wasn't "Applying for Service", I was asking basic questions about your service in the forum where you, a vendor, advertised the same service.

Look, if other people are OK with giving some guy(?) from another country full access to their computers and cars without even asking basic question, they are brave (and naive) souls.

My advice to everyone else: Be careful out there 🍿

Your advice is toilet paper
People read, don't need yours

Old 06-11-2023, 11:05 AM

W221 S63 AMG
PS, it is totally illegal to post private messages in this forum. Here also, you broke the rules. but as totally enjoy this conversation I will not complain to get these removed
lol, this from the guy that's that illegally uses Mercedes-Benz AG's software and hardware. That's rich.

I pass by MB's USA HQ about once a week. I wonder what they'd think of your side hustle 🤔

https://group.mercedes-benz.com/care...page-5206.html
Old 06-11-2023, 11:06 AM

W221 S63 AMG
Your advice is toilet paper
People read, don't need yours
Here it is, folks. This is the guy you want to spend your money with.

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

😂
Old 06-11-2023, 11:10 AM
SPONSOR

WWW.BENZNINJA.COM
lol, this from the guy that's that illegally uses Mercedes-Benz AG's software and hardware. That's rich.

I pass by MB's USA HQ about once a week. I wonder what they'd think of your side hustle 🤔

https://group.mercedes-benz.com/care...page-5206.html
Good luck buddy, I work for dealers too known worldwide
and oopppssss I am perfectly licenced since years

now for sure, with these word the community will love you and also reveals who you are

Last edited by BenzNinja; 06-11-2023 at 11:14 AM.
Old 06-11-2023, 11:14 AM

W221 S63 AMG
Good luck buddy, I work for dealers too known worldwide

now for sure, with these word the community will love you and also reveals who you are
lol you get salty in about 50% of the threads that you participate in.

I'm out. You win, Mr. Ninja. I'll go back to using my $30 Harbor Freight scanner...at least that doesn't insult customers 😂

I won't reply any further. Good luck, Mr. Ninja!! 😘
Old 06-11-2023, 11:18 AM
SPONSOR

WWW.BENZNINJA.COM
lol you get salty in about 50% of the threads that you participate in.

I'm out. You win, Mr. Ninja. I'll go back to using my $30 Harbor Freight scanner...at least that doesn't insult customers 😂

I won't reply any further. Good luck, Mr. Ninja!! 😘
We never insulted customers, Our customers mostly all become friends, You are not a customer and will never be thanks' to god

For those not yet members that read this, we do not respond to request over PM here in the forum.

We have too many daily requests and also wish to see who we are talking too
Therefore we ask and require to use the ONLINE forms on WWW.BENZNINJA.COM

Thank you for your kind understanding

Last edited by BenzNinja; 06-11-2023 at 06:07 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: MB Diagnostic Computer 2009 S600