S-Class (W221) 2007-2013: S 320 CDI, S 350, S 450, S 500, S 550, S 420 CDI, S 600

2013 s550 weird crank no start issue

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old Today, 06:12 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
13 s550 weistec tuned
2013 s550 weird crank no start issue

Good morning mb world looking for some help.

I have a 2013 s550 4matic with amg sport package and face lift. It has happened to me a couple times now. I will go to start car and It starts for a few seconds then I see
Presafe innoperative see owners manual then
Parking guidance inoperative see owners manual.
The command screen will be completely black
And the car will shut off. Then I get a check engine light on saying (cheap scanner UO109) fuel pump .
I am the proud owner of a benzninja computer and he scaned it when it was doing it and found the fault code of fuel pump. Saying I should replace the pump I explained to him the weirdest part is, the second I see command and radio turn on car starts no problem. Which I came back a few hours later and had him connected and command came on and car started no problem.
after a few starts that check engine light goes away..
He said next step would be replace auxiliary battery to see if it helps.
I replaced the battery with a Walmart h8 battery a few weeks ago. And it has still happened a couple times. Since
I cleared the rain drains when I picked up the car to try and avoid having water issues in fiuse box
I've checked fuses
I unplugged battery for 20 minutes

Just trying to get your guys opinion if anyone has had similar issues.

It hasn't bothered me until last night when I took my wife and son on a trip a couple hours away and it happened in not the greatest of neighborhood at night and it wouldn't start for 2 hours. Very embarrassing as I love the car but had my wife questioning my purchase of it after this.

Sorry it is early and my xentry is dead in my trunk so I just used the picture I had on my phone.

Last edited by JJM13s550; Today at 06:36 AM.
The following users liked this post:
BenzNinja (Today)
Old Today, 06:30 AM

Received 70 Likes on 63 Posts
W213 All-terrain
Why don't you post the Fault Code from your Xentry? Anyway, the U0109 seams to be related with Fuel Pump Control Module CAN communication, not the Pump itself, if you trust your Generic Scanner more than Xentry.

Last edited by trigital; Today at 06:31 AM.
Old Today, 06:38 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
13 s550 weistec tuned
Originally Posted by trigital
Why don't you post the Fault Code from your Xentry? Anyway, the U0109 seams to be related with Fuel Pump Control Module CAN communication, not the Pump itself, if you trust your Generic Scanner more than Xentry.
Sorry it is early and my xentry is dead in my trunk. Just the this picture I took from scanner from before getting xentry since it was on my phone already