MBWorld.org Forums

MBWorld.org Forums (https://mbworld.org/forums/)
-   S-Class (W222) (https://mbworld.org/forums/s-class-w222-178/)
-   -   One of the least reliable cars?? (https://mbworld.org/forums/s-class-w222/575760-one-least-reliable-cars.html)

Donald_S 02-23-2015 08:00 PM

One of the least reliable cars??

Did you read this?

http://www.msn.com/en-us/autos/resea...P97DHP#image=1

Long3494Qut 02-23-2015 09:18 PM

Well, at least it's based on ONE year model only and half of the issues are windows :D

PeterUbers 02-23-2015 09:27 PM

Active suspension reliability issues is surely no surprise to anyone... Airmatic... Abc....

Mitch Alsup 02-23-2015 09:46 PM

Most extremely well endowed cars sold in the thousands are less reliable that the typical stripper sold in the millions per year.
Nothing new, here.

Red Marko 02-24-2015 05:24 PM

Who trusts msn?

hyperion667 02-25-2015 07:40 AM

Originally Posted by Red Marko (Post 6342277)
Who trusts msn?

chucky300? he likes FOX news too:)

Jason B 02-25-2015 09:11 AM

Originally Posted by Donald_S (Post 6341216)

That new ranking is due to the new CLA and the 2014 S class, for one year. There were many issues since they were new models. Misleading article for those that don't dig deeper to find out why. They gotta work the kinks out. Maybe now i understand Streamliners thoughts. It was the new models only. This will change for next year. The same thing happened when 2007 s class came out.

UrBusted 02-25-2015 01:52 PM

Lol. Some of us may have had problems with the car but definitely not enough to say it is an unreliable vehicle.

Chucky300 02-25-2015 02:31 PM

Originally Posted by hyperion667 (Post 6342897)
chucky300? he likes FOX news too:)

I also trust the judgement of my parents - and they like the fact that they set a good example for me to place my trust in them.

I'm sorry we can't all have this scenario. :crazy:

Fox News is terrific, yes.

hyperion667 02-25-2015 09:15 PM

Originally Posted by Chucky300 (Post 6343308)
I also trust the judgement of my parents - and they like the fact that they set a good example for me to place my trust in them.

I'm sorry we can't all have this scenario. :crazy:

Fox News is terrific, yes.

blood of the hybrid brother:)

AppleFan1 02-27-2015 02:40 PM

I also think this is BS. So, a lot of us W222 owners had issues with squeaky breaks when on reverse, not enough lighting on the back up camera at night, etc. I don't consider these issues as a big deal since they were easy fixes. As already stated, when you purchase a brand new car with the most incredible technological advances in the industry, these minor issues are bound to take place. Did I tell you that I love my 2014 S550? -;) I picked it up early April of 2014 and already have 16,500 miles on it. It's meant to be driven especially on long trips.

hyperion667 02-27-2015 02:57 PM

Originally Posted by BeanTrader (Post 6346139)
I also think this is BS. So, a lot of us W222 owners had issues with squeaky breaks when on reverse, not enough lighting on the back up camera at night, etc. I don't consider these issues as a big deal since they were easy fixes. As already stated, when you purchase a brand new car with the most incredible technological advances in the industry, these minor issues are bound to take place. Did I tell you that I love my 2014 S550? -;) I picked it up early April of 2014 and already have 16,500 miles on it. It's meant to be driven especially on long trips.

hear hear! I think we got our car around the same time, I'm coming up on 13K myself :):y it's my DD

pauljg 03-08-2015 10:03 PM

New s-550

Bought new s class 2 weeks ago. Paid 129,000.so far I have had problems opening my car door and twice I was traveling with distronics plus and speedronics traveling on interstate going 70 mph when warning "distronics plus and speedronics inoperable"occurred while heading to New Orleans.called salesperson in New Orleans where I bought car. She got a tech to look at the message memory and verified the in operating distronics.The tech said could be radar and may never happen again. Driving back to lafayette that same evening,yesterday, the same warning light came on and my distronics plus stopped operating again.
For my not being able to open the door by just grabbing the doorknob the salesperson said it worked for her .Well it works sometimes for me but other times not. My 2010 s-550 never gave me any problems but 2 weeks and nothing but regrets.
Any thoughts on what could cause the distronics becoming inoperable? Maybe this article has some merit. Thanks for letting me vent.

ElioVentrella 03-09-2015 10:23 AM

Originally Posted by pauljg (Post 6357385)
Bought new s class 2 weeks ago. Paid 129,000.so far I have had problems opening my car door and twice I was traveling with distronics plus and speedronics traveling on interstate going 70 mph when warning "distronics plus and speedronics inoperable"occurred while heading to New Orleans.called salesperson in New Orleans where I bought car. She got a tech to look at the message memory and verified the in operating distronics.The tech said could be radar and may never happen again. Driving back to lafayette that same evening,yesterday, the same warning light came on and my distronics plus stopped operating again.
For my not being able to open the door by just grabbing the doorknob the salesperson said it worked for her .Well it works sometimes for me but other times not. My 2010 s-550 never gave me any problems but 2 weeks and nothing but regrets.
Any thoughts on what could cause the distronics becoming inoperable? Maybe this article has some merit. Thanks for letting me vent.

I'm having issues with my Distronic and steering assist it failed on me with out any warnings and when it went Into on coming traffic my bind assist didn't let me know nor made any warnings on the dash . It's very scary , the car is going in for other issues as well just picked up my 2015 s550 4 MATIC last week .

pauljg 03-09-2015 03:01 PM

Houston we have problems with 2015 Mercedes s-550

My events were not as dramatic but still unnerving.
I did some research on this forum and there are a number of possible problems that could cause inoperation of distronics plus but haven't seen anything about the blind assist, though it could be interrelated.

Possible distronic plus inoperation causes derived from review of this forum are :

bad sensor(s):
small battery of the radar(Didn't know had radar but i know little since never a reason until bought my new car):
interference of other cars:
Could be RF interference of the bumper radar frequency or just reflections of the radar pulses confusing the control unit.

fixes:

recalibrations may help:
replacement of distronic sensors:
replacement of the control unit:

From other comments it does appear Event Memory in the car will show any connection issues with the sensors. Either way, you will need access to a STAR system to diagnose the problem.

I don't understand anything involving the suggestions to fix or the possible causes but hopefully you can use to see if your technician knows what he is talking about.:

PeterUbers 03-09-2015 03:37 PM

Originally Posted by ElioVentrella (Post 6357797)
I'm having issues with my Distronic and steering assist it failed on me with out any warnings and when it went Into on coming traffic my bind assist didn't let me know nor made any warnings on the dash . It's very scary , the car is going in for other issues as well just picked up my 2015 s550 4 MATIC last week .

My distro did this to me several times ... It's not to be trusted

LovinMercedes 03-09-2015 05:39 PM

Originally Posted by PeterUbers (Post 6358226)
My distro did this to me several times ... It's not to be trusted

Mine too. I think that at is why it is called steering "assist". :smash:

Germancar1 03-09-2015 05:49 PM

Were you all driving in bad weather when the Distronic stopped working?

M

LovinMercedes 03-09-2015 06:01 PM

Originally Posted by Germancar1 (Post 6358392)
Were you all driving in bad weather when the Distronic stopped working?

M

No, mine was a sunny, clear day. The Distronic did not stop working for me. Only the steering assist gave me a warning that it was no longer working. When this happened, nothing exceptional happened differently than when it was working.

This happened to me today and yesterday when I tested it after reading this and other threads.